Microsoft Store is telling me to "Buy To Own" even though I have already bought the item

Discus and support Microsoft Store is telling me to "Buy To Own" even though I have already bought the item in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Because I want to uninstall and reinstall an application to change the settings, I realized that this bug or whatever it is might make me have to buy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Swinestein, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Swinestein
    Swinestein Guest

Microsoft Store is telling me to "Buy To Own" even though I have already bought the item

Because I want to uninstall and reinstall an application to change the settings, I realized that this bug or whatever it is might make me have to buy the application again. (Also, I'm 99% sure that you can reinstall an application that you bought after uninstalling,
    right?) That would be $30 wasted right off the bat. Also, there is no point in me making this up, so this is all legitimate and I have the full app purchased.

Microsoft Store is telling me to "Buy To Own" even though I have already bought the item [​IMG]

Is this a bug or a glitch? Also, please don't answer with something like "are you sure you are using your correct microsoft account" or "please ask a microsoft help center" or something like that. I am 100% sure that this is the correct microsoft account.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this question. (also, if the category doesn't make sense, I tried my best to find something fitting.)

:)

Swinestein, Dec 30, 2020
  2. JeremiahBrownlee Win User

Not able to play Minecraft with my kids

I have no clue! I bought the Starter Collection for PC from the Microsoft store. When It tells me I need to unlock the full game, it takes me to the Microsoft store where it tells me I already own the game, and yet when I go to play it, it tells me I need to buy the game! :D
  3. oujii Win User

Ark genesis problem

this is not correct , because even when i try to purchase the pc version of the game it tells me I already own it and will not let me buy it for pc so it is your damn store that is messed up microsoft , how about fixing it ???????
  4. OldManScud Win User

Owned game telling you to buy the game to play even though it’s already bought

Can you provide more information? Which console are you using? Which version of Cold War? Have you tried logging out of your xbox and then re-log in, this will sometimes fix license issues.

There is a known issue if you are trying to play the $60 version on a Series S|X. Playing that X1 version results in hard crashes. You'll need to upgrade ($10) to the x-gen version if you have not. It wasn't very upfront.. a lot of us, myself included, ran
    into this.

All else fails, uninstall the game and go to your game library, and download it again from there, make sure it says you own it before downloading. The Series X|S version is 130GB.
  5. OwenRomero Win User

Xbox one s network transfer

In the Microsoft store, does it show the game as "already owned"? Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from the store?
    No, When i go to the store it says to buy it. Its downloaded on the xbox will give me an option to uninstall where my games and apps are even though it says i need to install it
  6. Captain Pekaroo Win User

Halo Nightfall not working

That is definitely not the case. Even when it has a button to 'Buy Nightfall' and I select it, it just takes me to the xbox store to tell me that I've already bought and installed it!
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store is telling me to "Buy To Own" even though I have already bought the item - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store telling

2. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  3. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  4. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  5. i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet"

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet": i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet" and ive been trying anything and everytime i go into settings on microsoft store my whole microsoft crashes...
  6. can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store: i have the game pass ultimate on pc and i just pre installed the call of duty black ops 6 game but it is only 10mb and i was thinking how do i download the call of duty hq app on microsoft store...
  7. Gifts from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Gifts from Microsoft Store: Hello So I want to buy a gift of minecraft and a gift of 3 months game pass ultimate But I am not sure how long will the code that i get after buying it will last , Since I want to buy them for...
  8. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  9. Fable 2 french missing in the game but shows in microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Fable 2 french missing in the game but shows in microsoft store: Hi, I want to play Fable 2 in french like I did on my Xbox 360 back then. In the Microsoft Store fable 2 game page, it show 13 languages including french but in the game, it show only 5 languages...
  10. Why when I try to join a friend in gta 5 does it tell me to show the game in Microsoft store ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I try to join a friend in gta 5 does it tell me to show the game in Microsoft store ?: Whenever I am in gta 5 I can play online normally as I should but as soon as I try to join a friend it tells me to show it in Microsoft store and tells me to choose a version when I only have one...