Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons

Discus and support Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Subject is pretty self explanatory but here have a picture of it I guess It won't open or anything Any ideas on why this is happening or how I could... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by sylvewastaken, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons

Subject is pretty self explanatory but here have a picture of it I guess

It won't open or anything

Any ideas on why this is happening or how I could fix it? Thanks!

Also I couldn't find any Category that fits this but uh don't mind that

Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons [​IMG]

:)

sylvewastaken, Nov 7, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.

1. Look for the Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.

2. Restart your PC.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.
  3. Silent snooch Win User

Cant purchase house in Riften

I think the dialog to trigger it is something along the lines of "I am looking for work". Something along those lines, sometimes that dialog line is not white, but grey even when you talk to new people.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

not able to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator

Try this;

STEP 1 — INSTALL PENDING UPDATES

- Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand side corner of your screen)

- Select Settings

- Go to Update & Security

- Stay on Windows Update

- Click the Check for Updates button.

- Wait until the verification is done

STEP 2 — INSTALL STORE UPDATES AND SIGN OUT

- Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.

- In the Windows Search Bar, type "Store."

- Click on Microsoft Store and select “Open” in the menu

- In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the three-dot menu

- Go to Downloads and updates.

- Click Get updates then Update all and wait for the updates to install.

Note: You can turn on automatic updates in the Microsoft Store

To do so:

- Click on the three dots menu, then select Settings.

- Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On.
  5. Lumie Helps Win User

how do I download something outside of MircoSoft?

Hi there Tay P.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with downloading games outside of the store.

This can be due to a variety of reasons such as system settings, parental controls, or Windows security features. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change these settings to allow downloads from sources outside of the Microsoft Store:

Check App Installation Settings
    Windows 10 and 11 have a setting that restricts app installations to only those from the Microsoft Store. Here’s how to change this setting:

Windows 10:
    Open Settings: Click on the Start menu and select the gear icon to open the Settings app.
    Select "Apps" from the Settings menu.
    Under the "Apps & features" section, there is a dropdown menu labeled "Choose where to get apps."
    Change the setting to "Anywhere" to allow installations from any source.

Windows 11:
    Click on the Start menu and select the gear icon to open the Settings app.
    Click on "Apps" in the left-hand menu.
    Click on "Advanced app settings" under the "Apps & features" section.
    Set this to "Anywhere" to allow installations from any source.

Disable S Mode (If Applicable)
    If your computer is running Windows 10 or 11 in S mode, you can only install apps from the Microsoft Store. To install apps from outside the Microsoft Store, you need to switch out of S mode:

Go to the Start menu and select the Settings icon.
    Choose "Update & Security."
    Click on "Activation" in the left-hand menu.
    Find the "Switch to Windows 10 Home/Pro" or "Switch to Windows 11 Home/Pro" section, then click "Go to the Store."
    Click the "Get" button to confirm switching out of S mode.

Check Parental Controls and Restrictions
    If parental controls are enabled, they might restrict downloads from outside the Microsoft Store. Here’s how to check and adjust these settings:

Select "Accounts."
    Click on "Family & other users."
    This will open the Microsoft Family Safety website where you can adjust the settings. Make sure your account or the account you are managing has the necessary permissions to download apps from outside the Microsoft Store.

Adjust Security Settings
    Your security settings might be preventing downloads from outside the Microsoft Store. Here’s how to modify them:

Select "Update & Security."
    Click on "Windows Security" in the left-hand menu.
    Under "App & browser control," you can adjust the settings for "Check apps and files." You might want to set it to "Warn" or "Off" temporarily to allow downloads from outside the Microsoft Store.

Use a Different Browser
    Sometimes, restrictions are tied to the browser you're using. If you're trying to download something through Microsoft Edge, consider using a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, which might have fewer restrictions.

If you don’t already have another browser installed, you can download one from the Microsoft Store.
    Follow the instructions to install the new browser.
    Use the new browser to download the game or application you want.

Disable or Adjust Antivirus Settings
    Certain antivirus programs have strict security settings that can block downloads from unknown sources. Check your antivirus settings and temporarily disable them if necessary:

Locate and open your antivirus program.
    Find the settings or options menu.
    Temporarily disable web protection or adjust it to allow downloads from other sources.
    Try downloading your game again.

Run Windows Update
    Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date, as outdated versions might have more restrictions.

Select "Update & Security."
    Click on "Windows Update" and check for updates.
    If updates are available, install them and restart your computer if necessary.

I hope this helps.

I shall be here for your response. -Lumie
  6. Metalheaddddddd Win User

Video Issues

I tried it on our other tv and it happens there too, and now I'm getting white lines flashing across the login screen and home menu.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store has a white line under it along with a few other start menu icons - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store has

2. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...
  3. I can't open Roblox Microsoft Store version after quaranting the virus it has alot of hkey...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't open Roblox Microsoft Store version after quaranting the virus it has alot of hkey...: I don't have any restore point, i tried to recover it by apps , cmd ,PowerShell but noting works. Itried to repair it reinstall it but noting changed am i missing some files ?...
  4. Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps: I was having an issue with the system update not going through but I did an offline update. Now that I have access to my Xbox, every app I try to open says “app took too long to start (error...
  5. SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Microsoft Store - This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.: Hi all, I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition for PC. I got the game from CDKeys as it was a lot cheaper. After I got my activation key as you know, to download the game I had to...
  6. Roblox from the microsoft store has stopped working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox from the microsoft store has stopped working.: Recently my Roblox from the microsoft store has stopped working it would open then immediatly close. 07425504-abe2-4ed1-b02a-19a87ee4e827
  7. I can't seem to get microsoft store to process purchases even though it has all the correct...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't seem to get microsoft store to process purchases even though it has all the correct...: When trying to purchase a game such as even the xbox game pass. I gett a screen that reads "Try again later Something happened on our end." But i can Minecraft through their app and through my...
  8. Friend on XBOX has the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock, but the microsoft store says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend on XBOX has the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock, but the microsoft store says...: Title says it. I want to play Minecraft with my friend, but she's on 1.18.12.xxxx whatever, and my version is 1.18.102.0. The microsoft store says MY version is the latest version (which obviously...
  9. Microsoft store version of Destiny 2 has MASSIVE fps drops whenever I make an input

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store version of Destiny 2 has MASSIVE fps drops whenever I make an input: I have the Steam version of Destiny 2 and when I heard the Game Pass version has all DLCs. I bought WQ Deluxe as I thought Game Pass plus WQ was the way to go. Now the Microsoft store version has...
  10. New Xbox game pass interface has a bug! And Microsoft store has a bug! Downloads in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox game pass interface has a bug! And Microsoft store has a bug! Downloads in a...: Firstly my purchased games are now not showing in the game pass interface, and secondly the Microsoft store has a bug where downloads are stuck in a pending/resuming loop. These are obviously bugs...