Microsoft Store can't install the Xbox app with error code: 0x80d06809

Discus and support Microsoft Store can't install the Xbox app with error code: 0x80d06809 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure what's going on with the Xbox Game Pass. I can't re-install/ update anything from the Microsoft Store. At first, I tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Boyd Art Studio, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Microsoft Store can't install the Xbox app with error code: 0x80d06809

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on with the Xbox Game Pass. I can't re-install/ update anything from the Microsoft Store.

At first, I tried to install a game on the Xbox Game Pass, and it still on 0% download for hours. So I tried to search how to fix it and I've uninstalled and re-installed it again, and it's not working.

The Microsoft Store still shows the error code: 0x80d06809 and Xboxinstaller shows the same too.

I'm tired of finding a way to fix it, Could I reset my PC and install new Windows?

Does anyone have the same problem?

:)

Boyd Art Studio, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Zilver The Cat Win User

Thank you so much! I will backup important files and then try reset my PC.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Reset this PC. If you chose keep files, I think your files will be moved to a Windows.old folder I think in your local disc.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

You may have to try the least favorite troubleshooting option. You may have to try reinstall Windows and see if that helps your cause.
  5. Zilver The Cat Win User

Hi, Brilliant

Today I woke up to reset my PC after powering it on all night, prepared to download all drivers and back important files, everything takes time, after that... I visited the Microsoft Store for the last check and boom! all apps finished the update! I got the update and everything seemed to work well, this surprised me so much!

Maybe the server or anything had problems yesterday idk. But I will still clean my PC for a fresh start would be better for long-term use (over 5 years never reinstall Windows)

Thank you so much for your kind help and talk to me. I appreciate that you gave me the best service to find the solution. Cheer up for you and your team!

Have a nice day!
  6. Zilver The Cat Win User

Yep, I think reinstalling Windows at last choice. Maybe it's time lol.

Thank you by now, Brilliant. I will be back here to let you know after reinstalling Windows, hope it works (actually should work! ><)
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store can't install the Xbox app with error code: 0x80d06809 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store can't

2. I can't login to my gamepass because of problems with microsoft store account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to my gamepass because of problems with microsoft store account?: First of all, hello to whoever is reading this, SO, I am trying to use the 3 month gamepass nvidia has to offer, so i do everything, claim the code and what not, and then when its time to use it,...
  3. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  4. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  5. Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?: My xbox account was suspended for 2 days due to inappropriate language in a chat on Xbox. After a week I still can't use parties or search anything on the Microsoft store but I have no active...
  6. I can't download/ see sea of thieves in Microsoft store or the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download/ see sea of thieves in Microsoft store or the Xbox app.: So, I'm trying to download sea of thieves on my gaming laptop via the Microsoft store but whenever I search it, it doesn't show up. I've even tried via the Xbox app, but I can't see it either....
  7. Microsoft store can't upgrade the Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft store can't upgrade the Xbox app: I just get a new Dell G15 5530 laptop.And i can't open the xbox app. submitted by /u/International-Can885 [link] [comments]
  8. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  9. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...
  10. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...