Microsoft Store and Xbox is not allowing me to login to my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Xbox is not allowing me to login to my Microsoft Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Whenever I sign in to the Xbox app, it gives me the error "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zanny Pacquiao, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Microsoft Store and Xbox is not allowing me to login to my Microsoft Account

Whenever I sign in to the Xbox app, it gives me the error "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070422)". The Microsoft Store app just doesn't do anything when I click sign in. It doesn't ask for my email or password, but I remembered I was trying to fix an issue that was causing my CPU usage to go at 100% utilization, but didn't seem to work, and found an article online that advised to turn off some Xbox and windows services which seemed to have caused this. I just can't quite remember how to turn them back on.

:)

Zanny Pacquiao, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Zanny *. my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and I found a publication by Diego Castañeda7, an independent advisor, where he mentions the reasons why perhaps you cannot log in and it seemed to me Good information, which you should take into account:

try is to restart the Windows Update service. To do this, press the WIN + R key combination and type "services.msc" without the quotes. Click on OK and the Windows Services window will open, where you must search the list for the service called Windows Update or wuauserv.

Double click on the service, and in the first tab check if “Startup Type” shows “Disabled”. If so, change it to "Manual" or "Automatic", press OK and restart the PC to try again. If the service was already on automatic or manual but appears to be stopped, click on the "Start" button in the lower area to manually start the service, and again go to Windows Update to try again.

If after trying this you still have the same problems, reopen Windows services with the same process as before, but now look for the service called "Network List Service" (Network List Service if you have it in English), click on right-click on it and select “Restart”. If this also does not resolve error 0x80070422, check that you have the following services enabled and running (if not, you will need to enable and start them):

BitLocker

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Network connections

Windows Defender Firewall

Finally, if none of the above has worked, there is a workaround. Since Windows Update requires the PC's Internet connection to download updates, another possible solution for error 0x80070422 is to disable the IPv6 network connection. IPv6 is the successor to the IPv4 protocol, designed to allow many more network addresses, and although it will be very important in the future there are still many devices that do not support it, so it can cause these types of errors.

To do this, go to Control Panel (WIN+ R and type "Control" without quotes) and then Network and Sharing Center. Once there, on the right side click on Ethernet (or WiFi if you work via WiFi), and in the window that opens click on properties. There check that you have IPv6 disabled (if not, disable it).

Once disabled, click OK, close all windows, restart your computer, and return to Windows Update to see if your problem has been resolved. Otherwise, you may potentially need to format your computer.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/f380218c-2c5c-4f6b-8d03-d6585f352bbb

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Peyote_Cowboy Win User

How do I sign into my account on Xbox (beta) app? The button in the popup doesn't work.

I also can't log in on the microsoft store. I created a different account on my computer with admin privleges and a local login. It was able to log in on both the xbox app and the microsoft store. So how do I fix my main account to allow me to log in on
    that?
  4. warpig22 Win User

cannot sign into the microsoft login page, or minecraft.net

I have not tried resetting my password as there is nothing wrong with my login details. It simply wont accept even my email when i try to login. I CAN access microsoft store, microsoft windows account, xbox app, minecraft launcher with microsoft login. These work fine.

Minecraft.net and microsoft login website do not even accept even my email, as it refreshes the page when i click next.

I can sign into microsoft store app on windows PC. However, it does not require a password it requires windows PIN number. Microsoft store uses microsoft account settings to login, and PIN to verify user.
  5. theonlycam1509 Win User

Sharing Apps with Family Accounts.

You can login to her laptop through the microsoft store with your own account, this will allow you to download the game on her laptop.

- Cameron
  6. Rostom L Win User

Minecraft and Windows-Email dont match

Hi Rabumbel!

Be sure to login your correct account from the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you use for Xbox.
    Select your gamerpic, then select Settings.
    Under Account, select Change my Microsoft Store account.
    Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in to the Store with the Microsoft account you used to purchase the game.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store and Xbox is not allowing me to login to my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store allowing

2. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  3. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  4. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  5. i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet"

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet": i cant download anything on microsoft store because it says "D:\ __ no folder yet" and ive been trying anything and everytime i go into settings on microsoft store my whole microsoft crashes...
  6. can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store: i have the game pass ultimate on pc and i just pre installed the call of duty black ops 6 game but it is only 10mb and i was thinking how do i download the call of duty hq app on microsoft store...
  7. My Microsoft store won't allow me to install games I own.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft store won't allow me to install games I own.: This issue has being happening to me for years and I never been able to fix it I have tried MANY different methods and are unable to get it working. I should mention that my computer has been...
  8. Microsoft store doesn't allow installation of purchased game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store doesn't allow installation of purchased game: I have purchased Forza Motorsport 7 a while back, but now when im trying to install it it doesn't show up in the library. I tried loging in a different computer, but it doesn't show up there...
  9. Microsoft store refuses to allow me to play any games installed through gamepass [Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store refuses to allow me to play any games installed through gamepass [Error...: I've tried this across multiple games, I've reset apps, run a number of commands through PowerShell, command prompt, and followed at least six different guides from this thread to no avail. The...
  10. Microsoft Store won't allow me to download anything (Code: 0x00000000, whatever THAT means)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to download anything (Code: 0x00000000, whatever THAT means): I even deleted the Store and reloaded it - still a problem! I tried to download Humankind a couple days ago. Got the error code in the Subject line. Tried to contact Support via chat - no one...