Microsoft Store and Xbox app "Something happened on our end"

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Xbox app "Something happened on our end" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for the past year. None of my xbox games would update in the Microsoft Store and none of the apps would update or install... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Joe Racine, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Joe Racine
    Joe Racine Guest

I have been having this issue for the past year. None of my xbox games would update in the Microsoft Store and none of the apps would update or install in the Store either. I always had to end task on all of the applications involved. Then do a repair and reset of the Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Gaming Services. Then usually restart my computer. Then I got them to work for some time and then over time it would eventually happen again.

I'm actually not on here looking for a solution but rather to help those who may have been doing the same thing I was doing if they have similar hardware as me because I believe I have found a quick and easy solution.

I have the Killer Network card in my current laptop. I use it for gaming so I would always turn on Game Fast in the Killer Intelligence Center which ends a lot of services to reserve the network strictly for gaming. I had the error today and I was looking for solutions. I saw someone posted that restarting the Microsoft services was a possible solution and then it just clicked for me. That my game fast was still on in the Killer Intelligence Center which was probable preventing my Microsoft Store service from running. I opened it up and turned Game Fast off. Went back to Microsoft store and restarted the updates and they all worked with no issues.

It was definitely the Game Fast preventing me from updating my games and apps. If anyone is running the same network card using Game Fast and are having issues with updating, try turning it off and restarting your updates or installs.

:)

Joe Racine, Sep 24, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: