Microsoft Solitaire timing

Discus and support Microsoft Solitaire timing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Once again, I played a good tournament, I supposed.. I managed to solve all the games in good time.. just to be frustrated AGAIN because of the timing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JariMustonen, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JariMustonen
    JariMustonen Guest

Once again, I played a good tournament, I supposed.. I managed to solve all the games in good time.. just to be frustrated AGAIN because of the timing is NOT working!

I guess, my tme should have been around 1.15-1.30.... but this exelent timer gives me 8.45!!!

I was hoping to be in top 5/10, now I will be one of the last (who has managed to pass all the games..), NICE work Microsoft!

Are you so incompetent there, at Microsoft, to work this bug out??

:)

JariMustonen, Dec 2, 2018
  2. BobNusbaum
    BobNusbaum Guest
    Time in Microsoft Solitaire Events

You can't pause it. Furthermore, the clock keeps running even when you're not playing. I completed 26 of 27 challenges in 1:15 this evening. Then I had to go out to dinner. I exited the Event and the quit Solitaire and slept my Windows 10 PC. I came
    back and the Leaderboard still said 1:15. But then I played the final challenge in under 3 minutes, and Solitaire added in the time when I was away along with the time for the final challenge. Final Leaderboard time: 3:53 :-o

I and others have been complaining about this issue for months, and Microsoft hasn't done a !@#$%^&* thing. Having worked in the tech industry myself for years, the attitude they show toward their users was often summarized as "We're
    Microsoft and you're not!"

BobNusbaum, Dec 2, 2018
  3. chulo1954
    chulo1954 Guest
    Time in Microsoft Solitaire Events

How can I do to pause time while playing Events, whenever I interrupt the game for any reason ?

chulo1954, Dec 2, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello!

For this issue I recommend you take a look at the
    Microsoft Casual Games Community
    and possibly post there to get more information or any options regarding this casual game.

hope this helps!

XBF George L, Dec 2, 2018
  5. JariMustonen
    JariMustonen Guest
    Did you check my previous messages about the SAME problem some time ago.. I guess not?

I did all the tricks I was told, knew some of them already, nothing worked, and my connections are 100% OK, so the problem is at your end, do something, and be as you should be, the bigges software company in the world... now you seem to be like little garage
    company from Romania..

JariMustonen, Dec 2, 2018
  6. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest
    Hi Jari,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your issue. Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your Solitaire casual game. After going through your previous post, as well as this one, its possible that what may be happening to your Windows 10 device is related
    to it needing an update. It never hurts to check for one from time to time!

To check for the latest updates for your Windows 10-based device:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    2. Select Settings, and then select Update & Security.
    3. On the Windows Update tab, select Check now to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect. Make sure that you save and close any apps that you have open before you restart.

If you do this and determine that you're all up to date on your device, then what I would recommend following that is checking in with or posting on the Windows 10 Community Forum as it is more tailored for the Microsoft Casual Games rather than here with
    console or app based games. You can get to that particular forum by going to Microsoft Community, then selecting
    Windows.

I also did see that you continue to choose to use Firefox as your web browser and don't wish to try a different one at this time. Since that's the case, you may wish to clear the cache and cookies of your preferred browser and then try to relaunch Solitaire
    to see if you get a different result. If you get the same result, I would highly recommend attempting to launch the game from a different browser (like Microsoft Edge for example) just to see if it is possible. You can always uninstall that additional browser
    afterward, if necessary.

I hope this helps a bit more!

XBF Amber M, Dec 2, 2018
  7. JariMustonen
    JariMustonen Guest
    No updates, I keep my laptop updated all the time, nor cookies etc.!

This problem has nothing to do with Firefox, as I open the Solitaire Collection from Microsoft start menu...

(and my Win icon is NOT lower left corner, it is at top right corner...)

So could you please, start do something about this problem, stop playing around it and accusing other things to be wrong, not your software!

JariMustonen, Dec 3, 2018
  8. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest

Hi Jari,

Thanks for replying to keep us updated. I'm glad that your device is fully updated. If you've already gone through any troubleshooting steps as recommended by XBF George and myself (trying a different browser, etc), you may wish to take this to the

Microsoft Casual Games Community forums
    . A post there may be helpful, or you can create one yourself so that others in that community may be able to provide you with a more full solution or some tips.

Hope this helps information proves helpful!

XBF Amber M, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: