Microsoft should publish Shenmue III.

Discus and support Microsoft should publish Shenmue III. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What Shenmue did right was immerse you in a world, making you forget you were sitting on a couch. You felt like you had actually visited Japan, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tplarkin7, Jun 20, 2015.

1. tplarkin7
    tplarkin7 Guest

What Shenmue did right was immerse you in a world, making you forget you were sitting on a couch. You felt like you had actually visited Japan, and Hong Kong.

Think of Shenmue as the original Xbox "duke" controller. It was a "good mistake". Like New Coke. It lead to the smaller "Controller S", which has been refined to the amazing Xbox One controller. Shenmue can be improved, and succeed.

The problems with Shenmue were superficial. Yu Suzuki's game was otherwise a masterpiece and the future of gaming.

1) The title "Shenmue" should be changed to something that sounds cool to western ears.

2) The voice acting was bad because voice acting was new back then. Hire better voice actors.

3) "There's nothing to do." was a common complaint. Give them something to do.

Shenmue is a gem that simply needs polish. Microsoft has the resources to give Yu Suzuki a shot that he deserves. You can argue that he's washed up, but he produced many successful games. He suffered from Sega's mistakes with the Saturn, and the Dreamcast
    sold poorly. This game has a dedicated fan base and is well known around the world. People will pay attention to the title, which is half the battle to a success. The other half is "doing it right".

:)

tplarkin7, Jun 20, 2015
  2. Major Wreckus, Jun 20, 2015
  3. OG Pooh
    OG Pooh Guest
    SHENMUE 3 or shenmue like game

I've still got my original copies of Shenmue & Shenmue II. They're two of my all-time favorite games (especially the first). I want to see Shenmue III almost as badly as I want KotOR III (in other words my number 1 & 2 most wanted titles). Heavy Rain is
    a great game, but (sadly) nowhere near as open ended as Shenmue.

OG Pooh, Jun 20, 2015
  4. lenzio
    lenzio Guest

*Pulls out old dreamcast system and plays Shenume*

lenzio, Jun 22, 2015
  5. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    Too bad $ony gave their money to the Shenmue 3 developers to stop it from coming to Xbox One, so blame $ony for Shenmue 3 not coming to the Xbox One, not Microsoft.

Ragnarok5000, Jun 25, 2015
  6. TheJackah
    TheJackah Guest
    Sony don't have money to give to anyone.

They just asked their players to pay for the game (what was it, $2 million Kickstarter or something?) Ridiculous.

TheJackah, Jun 28, 2015
  7. theLe9end138
    theLe9end138 Guest
    I would love to have shenmue on xbox one, I already have part 2 on the 360. I really hope it happens.

theLe9end138, Jul 19, 2015
  8. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest

Believe Sony suggested people to donate to the Kickstarter during their E3. Sony didn't chip in. So Microsoft could come in and buy them and make it exclusive.

GRAW2ROBZ, Aug 18, 2015
  9. mustangguy
    mustangguy Guest
    You know I really hope that the next system MS and sony puts out is the same as in everything even the games then I dont want to see people complain. I dont see it comming to MS due to them lacking in RPG. Example of this is Argarst war 2. That came to ps3
    over xbox. I play it on dreamcast and was good but could have been better.

mustangguy, Sep 4, 2015
  10. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    MS only lacks JRPGs, they have a good number of WRPGs Floorboss.

Ragnarok5000, Sep 4, 2015
  11. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest
    XBOX has lots more exclusive shooters then Sony. Sony killed off their only elite shooter in Socom Navy Seals. I use to play that a lot on PS2.

GRAW2ROBZ, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Ragnarok5000 Win User

Too bad $ony gave their money to the Shenmue 3 developers to stop it from coming to Xbox One, so blame $ony for Shenmue 3 not coming to the Xbox One, not Microsoft.
  13. lenzio Win User

*Pulls out old dreamcast system and plays Shenume*
  14. TheJackah Win User

Sony don't have money to give to anyone.

They just asked their players to pay for the game (what was it, $2 million Kickstarter or something?) Ridiculous.
  15. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Believe Sony suggested people to donate to the Kickstarter during their E3. Sony didn't chip in. So Microsoft could come in and buy them and make it exclusive.
  16. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

XBOX has lots more exclusive shooters then Sony. Sony killed off their only elite shooter in Socom Navy Seals. I use to play that a lot on PS2.
Thema:

1. Microsoft should publish Shenmue III. - Similar Threads - Microsoft should publish

2. Here why I think Microsoft should acquire Warner bros Discovery, inc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Here why I think Microsoft should acquire Warner bros Discovery, inc.: For sources, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MediaMergers/comments/wdt0lz/what_if_microsoft_acquired_warner_bros_discovery/?rdt=55770&sort=new, please read all of this and also check the link. The...
  3. What to do if Microsoft hasn’t fixed my Xbox Series X in 4 straight returns, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if Microsoft hasn’t fixed my Xbox Series X in 4 straight returns, what should I do?: So my Xbox series X has constantly had this problem where it will just randomly shut off during use, and I have sent it in to the Microsoft repair center 4 times now. Every time I’ve gotten it...
  4. microsoft should spider-man games to all xbox’s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft should spider-man games to all xbox’s: i can’t play spider man on xbox and it’s only on ps5 and people go out of their way to buy a ps5 only to play spider man but if you were to add it to xbox it would create a more equal game...
  5. Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?: I am on windows 11 and i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code:...
  6. minecraft ps4 is connected to my deleted old nonexistent microsoft account what should I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft ps4 is connected to my deleted old nonexistent microsoft account what should I do?: I have deleted my old microsoft account a long time ago and Minecraft on my ps4 is linked to that nonexistent microsoft account and now I am unable to play Minecraft on my ps4. I understand that...
  7. Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Truly unpleasant interaction with Microsoft. Should it be illegal?: Microsoft erroneously blamed me for typing a profane message in an online chat and then penalized me by withholding my access to said service. I paid Microsoft a significant amount of money...
  8. Microsoft and Bethesda should create a "character creator AI app" that could use our photos...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft and Bethesda should create a "character creator AI app" that could use our photos...: so many people try to create themselves or someone they know as their characters in Bethesda Game Studios games. With Microsoft investment in AI, Bethesda and Microsoft should team up to work on...
  9. Teredo Tunnel Connection, this should be a Fast Reverse Proxy, Microsoft u must know, Frp...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo Tunnel Connection, this should be a Fast Reverse Proxy, Microsoft u must know, Frp...: First and First, IPV4 have Public address and Private address bcz NAT technology, more NAT means ur network have to pass more gateway (basically network have to pass more hardware), and Public...
  10. Microsoft Rewards should use Microsoft Authenticator

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Rewards should use Microsoft Authenticator: Not so much a question as feedback. It's annoying I had to add a phone number to utilize Microsoft rewards. Like somehow sending an SMS text is more secure? I've already got authenticator 2FA...