Microsoft severs ties with Phantom Dust developer Darkside Game Studio

Discus and support Microsoft severs ties with Phantom Dust developer Darkside Game Studio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft severs ties with Phantom Dust developer Darkside Game Studio 59c1c0d8-bb43-4ff5-b720-520aba90328f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by N7 Gh0stz, Feb 17, 2015.

1. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

N7 Gh0stz, Feb 17, 2015
  2. leaked phantom dust footage

This version of the game has been cancelled. If Microsoft handles the development of Phantom Dust to other studio, they will start practically from scratch -- I don't think Microsoft would have severed ties with the devs if they thought that most of their work is salvageable, they would just tell them to make the changes they expected.

SpikiestSpade, Feb 17, 2015
  3. Studio behind Phantom Dust shut down. Game still in the works, though.

Darkside Game Studios, which was working on the Xbox exclusive reboot of Phantom Dust has shut down after Microsoft canceled its version of the game. Apparently Phantom Dust will be handed for another studio, since the game has not been cancelled. That could mean that it will take much longer to be released, though.

Phantom Dust reboot studio reportedly shuts down, game still in the works

SpikiestSpade, Feb 17, 2015
  4. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest

I hope ,Microsoft won't cancel Phantom Dust,fingers crossed.

Tzar of kaos, Feb 17, 2015
  5. PeterTheWolf
    PeterTheWolf Guest
    At this time it doesn't look like they will cancel it and are bringing it in-house more or less. No one seems to know why though but per some tweets its still in development and "they respected the developers". Maybe Darkside bit off more than they could
    handle.. unknown..

PeterTheWolf, Feb 18, 2015
  6. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    Good news is MS didn't cancel the Game.

ZTROOPER16, Oct 31, 2018
  7. ZTROOPER16 Win User

Good news is MS didn't cancel the Game.
  8. PeterTheWolf Win User

At this time it doesn't look like they will cancel it and are bringing it in-house more or less. No one seems to know why though but per some tweets its still in development and "they respected the developers". Maybe Darkside bit off more than they could
    handle.. unknown..
  9. Tzar of kaos Win User

I hope ,Microsoft won't cancel Phantom Dust,fingers crossed.
  10. crazy8canuck Win User

Remakes and wishes

Microsoft IPs...

Crimson skies

Phantom Dust
  11. XBF Amber M Win User

Phantom dust local area newtork

Hi MildTwo7694239,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. Regarding

Phantom Dust
    , the game is a Play Anywhere title and is available for use on a PC with cross-device multiplayer, online multiplayer for 2-4 people and local multiplayer for 2 individuals; however, there does not seem to be any specific information regarding
    its use for LAN support so that option may not be available.

Phantom Dust FAQ

Phantom Dust - Overview/Troubleshooting

I hope that this helps out!
Thema:

1. Microsoft severs ties with Phantom Dust developer Darkside Game Studio - Similar Threads - Microsoft severs ties

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  7. The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...

in XBoX on Windows
    The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...: The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This includes mobile and pc/xbox seaches on multiple accounts - having to wait between searches or they will...
  8. My microsoft account has been hacked. In sign in activity, I can see several "Unsuccessful...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked. In sign in activity, I can see several "Unsuccessful...: I have taken all the necessary precautions such as enabling 2FA, downloading the mobile authenticator app, and changing my password. However, I continue to see these. I play Minecraft a lot, and...
  9. One app doesn't connnect to Microsoft account, but several others do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One app doesn't connnect to Microsoft account, but several others do: I’m running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, but my problem has shown up on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 11. (I had to downgrade because my current machine won’t run Windows 11.) Over the years,...
  10. microsoft bingo game the sever is not holding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft bingo game the sever is not holding: keeps locking me out no score or anything f2815f7e-dddc-4f3a-913d-64149f69410f