Microsoft sent me back a broken console

Discus and support Microsoft sent me back a broken console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just received my new console only a few hours ago after sending in my old xbox one in late may and my new console is freaking broken. A black screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Admiral JG, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Admiral JG
    Admiral JG Guest

I just received my new console only a few hours ago after sending in my old xbox one in late may and my new console is freaking broken. A black screen comes up after the green startup screen saying system error in a whole bunch of different languages. I
    even tried the offline system update and it wont work. This is complete bullcrap. Microsoft completely *** me.

:)

Admiral JG, Jun 24, 2015
  2. Power brick

My power brick broke and I sent it to microsoft and they sent me a new one back now my xbox will not power on. The one I sent them was 135w and the one they sent back was 120w. Is that the reason my xbox will not power on?

DestroyerStroyr, Jun 24, 2015
  3. LeeDicko
    LeeDicko Guest
    Faulty kinect and now console in the first 2 weeks of ownership!

Mine has been sent back to me today, says that my console was replaced and not repaired though.

Just tried the free game thing but didn't work at all.

Its funny though, because my Forza game did get damaged due to the disc drive fault and when I said that they just told me to send the game back to them at my cost and they'd send another one too me.

I don't think they quite understand that making me pay to return it when it was their broken console that caused it in the first place was unfair. Apparently its Microsoft policy to do that, which looking at the post above is quite clearly a lie!

LeeDicko, Jun 24, 2015
  4. Voss Veceili
    Voss Veceili Guest

Hey Admiral JG,

I'm so sorry that your experiencing these troubles. I know how frustrating this can be for you. So I read around on the forums and various websites trying to find others who had this same issue. After looking for a bit I found a couple of solutions that
    might help you out. If you wouldn't mind giving them a go and seeing what happen's.

• Hold the white power button on the console for 10 seconds. The console should at that point turn off.
    • Then Unplug the console from all power sources.
    • Also disconnect any Ethernet cables.
    • After 2-3 hours plug your console in.
    • Start it up again from the console.. Not the controller...
    • If the issue continues to persist, you'll have to contact support again.
    Note if you have to contact support again. Make them 100% AWARE of the fact that they sent you a faulty console back. I have allot of faith the solution I've provided for you. So you will most likely not have to contact support again. But
    if you do here is the US number 1-800-4MY-XBOX or go to
    http://www.support.xbox.com
    Okay awesome best of luck. If you have anymore issues let us ( Community members) know. We'd be glad to assist you. Microsoft sent me back a broken console :)

- Voss

Voss Veceili, Jun 24, 2015
  5. so...anyways, the error messages are very specific into the issue your console is having. please look up the code, and if you have tried the update (like error code 305) and it fails. it must be repaired. and please, PLEASE do not "make them 100% aware".
    they will hang up on you. you will get mad, you will call back mad, and then the supervisor will hang up on you. "you catch more flies with honey" please respect the fact they did not send you that console. some guy in a ware house messed up. support cannot
    unfix the system, just try to make it as painless as possible. please return the favor.

xXUltraGunnerXx, Jun 24, 2015
  6. Voss Veceili
    Voss Veceili Guest
    Hey all,

I'm sorry if there was any confusion here with my post. When I suggested you make support 100% aware of your issue please do that. By this I do not mean scream and yell at any support agent. A simple " I sent my console in for a repair and it's sadly still
    broken Microsoft sent me back a broken console :( " will make them 100% aware. hehe but I'm most certain you wont have to. Okay, sorry again for the miss communications. Also totally post back if you have any questions.

- Voss

Voss Veceili, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: