Microsoft sends verification codes to old email

Discus and support Microsoft sends verification codes to old email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; couple months back i have updated the gmail by adding secondary alias, making it maijn and removing the old gmail, and now i cannot see my old gmail... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Haolun Lyu, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Haolun Lyu
    Haolun Lyu Guest

couple months back i have updated the gmail by adding secondary alias, making it maijn and removing the old gmail, and now i cannot see my old gmail anywhere in the Microsoft profile and settings page, however when i try to sign in to microsoft, the verification code is still sent to my old gmail.

:)

Haolun Lyu, Oct 15, 2023
  2. Haolun Lyu Win User

Yes that is it, thank you so much
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

No problem Haolun! Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Haolun. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

The email address your verification code is sent to has to be changed separately:

Go to your account: account.microsoft.com

Select Security > Advanced Security Options

You can remove the old email and set up a new one from there.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

I can´t go on my account on another xbox One!!!!

Hi Kaispot,

Microsoft takes account security seriously so where they send out verification codes is called security proofs. Which are used to do anything major with accounts I.E. changing passwords, email addresses, resetting passwords, also signing into systems that
    you have never signed into berfore if you forgot your password and need to recover your account they will also send out the verification to the security proofs.

So to get to your issue if you have access to the email and password for an account but no longer have access to a security proof Microsoft will allow you to change your security proof. But there is a 30 day waiting period before that change takes affect.
    Hence the situation that you are in. during that 30 days you can not do anything that requires a verification code being sent out.

Now I see in your response to another poster that you were able to get back into that old email so since you now have regained access to that old security proof you can sign in at account.live.com and when the box pops up saying your security proof change
    is still pending you can click on the choice to cancel request it will send out verification email to old email and you can cancel that request then. you can go in and request the change to security proof again and again it will want to send out the verification
    code to your old security proofs but you now have access to that email and can put in the verification code it sends to you and make the change immediately without the 30 day wait. and you should be able to sign into your girlfriends console and when it wants
    to send out verification code it you will have access to the security proof that it wants to send it to.
  6. HarveyBrook Win User

How do I unlink my ea account as e mail now expired ?

Thanks. My issue is that I can't access my ea account because they keep sending verification codes to my old email. Contacting ea is turning into a nightmare.
Thema:

1. Microsoft sends verification codes to old email - Similar Threads - Microsoft sends verification

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  4. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  5. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  6. When Microsoft send me a replacement controller, (xbox elite 2 controller) are they out of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Microsoft send me a replacement controller, (xbox elite 2 controller) are they out of...: My Xbox elite 2 controllers bumpers sometimes double input, dont input or take a bit to input when I click on them. My buttons also do this, so if I request for a new controller would it be fresh...
  7. Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death: My Xbox one s only goes to the black screen of death 5315bb4b-1f58-400a-8041-c4592c08ba60
  8. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just...: Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just change over To. I do not know how to fix this Please help. e270f120-5b51-4d11-a4c2-bcc9d4fa2fc9
  10. Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number: I cannot access my Xbox live account or the associated Microsoft account. At the step in the two factor verification where a code is sent to my phone I never receive a text. I did not set up an...