Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

Discus and support Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ashkan Jofrehei, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

Hi

I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled my security info change application

What can i do?

:)

Ashkan Jofrehei, Oct 2, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

Nothing

It a security meassure

To keep people from stealing accounts

You have 30 days to revoke proofs change request

Hence the wait

It is supposed to keep people informed of a compromise by allowing their proofs to validate any changes

If it was instant there is no point in security because anyone would.have instant access to your account

This is why proofs MUSt be upto date

You never hand your personal info over to anyone

Including for gamesharing period
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response and I understand that you still need assistance.

I'm afraid this is the only option we have to recover your account since Microsoft Xbox Support is the only department that has the tools to investigate your case.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Microsoft gamers just like you here in this community forum. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

I hope this information helps!

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Ashkan! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account being compromised. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Since the hacker has added their recovery email to your account's security information making your security info change impossible, I would highly suggest you reach out to Xbox Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case and possibly recover your account from the hacker's security info through escalation. You may contact them using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

I need help!`

If you updated your security info there is a 30 day waiting period that cannot be bypassed even by Xbox support.

Why does resetting my security information take 30 days?

• The 30-day waiting period helps Microsoft stop unauthorized people from trying to completely take over an account that isn't theirs. For example, an unauthorized person obtaining an account password through phishing or shared passwords across third
      party platforms. This waiting period gives the real account owner enough time to be alerted of any major changes and to cancel it if they didn't make those changes.
    • During this 30-day period, you'll still be able to access most Microsoft services. You won't, however, be able to do things that require a security code, like changing your password, viewing billing information, or buying new apps or games from Microsoft
      Store or on Xbox.
    • After the process of resetting your security information has started, you must wait the full 30 days for it to complete. However, if you regain access to a piece of your original security info, you can cancel the replacement yourself.
    • https://support.microsoft.com/help/4057241/microsoft-account-why-does-resetting-security-info-take-30-days
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account Issue

In step four if it is saying after you put the code in after updating the security information is saying that you have to wait 30 days for the update to take affect that means the phone number you are putting in that step is not the same phone number
    that they have for security verification and if you do not have access to the current security info but have access to the email and password then MS will allow you to change the security info but there is a 30 day waiting period for it to take affect.
Thema:

1. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly? - Similar Threads - Microsoft security info

2. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  3. How to keep Microsoft account secured?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to keep Microsoft account secured?: Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account....
  4. Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...: Someone managed to grab hold of my account and add their alias account in the security info and deleted the original security info. Is there any way to recover my account back?...
  5. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.: Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought...
  6. How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??: I sent a email (that i wouldn’t like to get into details) to Microsoft@security and its nearly been a month do they ever respond 0f61ef18-0f88-4e9f-a702-3b97066c50da
  7. I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...: I tried opening my Minecraft launcher and log into my Microsoft account, i have the email password and everything but it says my account isn't secure and needs verification, so i tried that. It...
  8. Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security: Are there any licensed security apps for the xbox 360? I am okay with 3rd party I just would prefer one that Microsoft gives. I heard Microsoft has stopped security updates. Which companies sell...
  9. Someone added and deleted security info to my microsoft account and my microsoft email and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone added and deleted security info to my microsoft account and my microsoft email and...: Someone got onto my email, added security info and then deleted it, what do I do? My microsoft account is gone along with the subscriptions, I recently created the same account, without any of the...
  10. My xbox account got hacked so I put in a Microsoft security info change request, and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account got hacked so I put in a Microsoft security info change request, and I...: My parents' Microsoft account, which is the one I am using right now, is used on my Xbox. When my Xbox was hacked, I changed my pin multiple times, and put in a security info change, which I am...