Microsoft says I own COD Cold War, COD Cold War says I do not own it

Discus and support Microsoft says I own COD Cold War, COD Cold War says I do not own it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought COD Cold War for Series S consoles from xbox via my laptop computer yesterday. I then moved over to the XBOX Series S and found my game, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dustin Schell, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Microsoft says I own COD Cold War, COD Cold War says I do not own it

I bought COD Cold War for Series S consoles from xbox via my laptop computer yesterday. I then moved over to the XBOX Series S and found my game, it showed that I owned it so I started the install. Once complete I launched the game and when the title screen pops up I press A to continue and a paywall pops up. If I hit A again it tries to go buy it, realizes that I own it and then the cycle repeats. I am not sure what to do further to be able to play.

:)

Dustin Schell, Aug 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dustin

Please double check your Microsoft account order history here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Are you able to see this transaction with order status completed?
    If that's the case, please do this in your Xbox:

First uninstall the game, then:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

Let me know how it goes
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

COD cold war "not owned"

4. Pasquale C. Win User

COD Modern Warfare series x

Hi!

Maybe you have the Xbox One version of COD Cold War and you see that message because the Xbox One version cannot be upgraded to Xbox Series X. You can find more informations about COD Cold War editions here:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Editions FAQ

Regards
  5. bean meraki Win User

I already own COD: cold war?

Thanks Ron, I did what you had mentioned and when I did so (after ro checked if it was completed) it now says i nee do purchase the game. Though, it says i have the purchase completed
  6. OpticRJames Win User

I already own COD: cold war?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please log in to your account at this link, https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Look for the transaction you made for the game there. If the status is completed, please try the steps below to sort out the issue.

Using your console, please go to the

store>find the game>go to choose edition>manage>and reinstall all the content packs. After that, try launching the game and see if it works.
Thema:

1. Microsoft says I own COD Cold War, COD Cold War says I do not own it - Similar Threads - Microsoft says own

2. My friends microsoft account says he doesnt own minecraft when he signs in on his new pc,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friends microsoft account says he doesnt own minecraft when he signs in on his new pc,...: Ive tried to see if it would work by downloading the launcher through the microsoft webstore and checking the website and it says they dont own minecraft at all. I thought that if you owned one...
  3. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  4. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  5. Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft despite migrating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft says I don't own Minecraft despite migrating: Back in 2021 I successfully migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft and have been playing on it. Ever since getting a new PC when I logged in it says I don't own Minecraft. I tried calling, but...
  6. Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?: Hi, I downloaded mine craft from a card download that came with my Xbox (I downloaded it on pc). I recently had to factory reset my pc and now my Microsoft store says I no longer own the game. Is...
  7. In Microsoft Store, Roblox app, I cannot find the play button, it says I owned it but I do...

in XBoX on Windows
    In Microsoft Store, Roblox app, I cannot find the play button, it says I owned it but I do...: [img] [img] If you are wondering if I have it in my App, I do not, when I went to the library, there is no Roblox app in it. When I went to App in setting, there is no Roblox in it. I inputted...
  8. I bought two games, I redeemed and when on Microsoft store says I don't own the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought two games, I redeemed and when on Microsoft store says I don't own the games: I bought two games, Minecraft Legends and Minecraft Dunegons Ultimate Edition. I redeemed the code on the microsoft website, I was signed in. When I went to the microsoft store to install it, It...
  9. when I go to the microsoft store and try to install roblox it says that I already own it

in XBoX on Windows
    when I go to the microsoft store and try to install roblox it says that I already own it: I have downloaded roblox before but i deleted it and it still says i have it. now it wont show up as uninstalled and i cant get it anymore. how can i make it show up in my computer...
  10. It suddenly says that my microsoft account doesnt own minecraft even if i had been playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It suddenly says that my microsoft account doesnt own minecraft even if i had been playing...: Basically i was playing minecraft Java Edition and after a couple of hours i closed my game in order to go to sleep. after a while i opened the game again and tried to log on and at first it said...