Microsoft roblox freezing/crashing after awhile when playing a game

Discus and support Microsoft roblox freezing/crashing after awhile when playing a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I use microsoft roblox on a daily and normally it works perfectly fine until 3 days ago, I noticed that it freezes at a certain point where it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tostiowos2, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Tostiowos2
    Tostiowos2 Guest

Hi I use microsoft roblox on a daily and normally it works perfectly fine until 3 days ago, I noticed that it freezes at a certain point where it doesn't unfreeze and just stays frozen forever. I have tried to restart my laptop, update drivers, used sfc scannow cmd, and used the repair tool in windows settings, but none of those worked. I'm now stumped of what to do and need assistance to try to resolve this problem. I don't know if this is a hardware issue or just the app itself, the laptop has been in some intense stress which could be the cause, but I am hoping this is not the case.

- What is the model and version of your device?

A ROG STRIX G512LI laptop, running windows 10

- What is the error message or code that you see when the app crashes or freezes?

None, no idea how to check either

- Does this happen with any game or only specific ones?

yes, seems to freeze if you just play for a certain amount of time.

- Have you tried running the app as an administrator or in compatibility mode?

Yes

- Have you checked your internet connection and firewall settings?

Yes

:)

Tostiowos2, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Bamini Naick Win User

I'm having the same issue also. When ever I play any game for 30 minutes (maybe longer) Roblox just freezes with no error. it use to work perfectly fine months ago, I tried updating my graphics driver but that still didn't resolve the issue. Not sure how long this is going to last for but I'm sure it will be fixed somewhat soon.
  3. Tostiowos2 Win User

Update: It seems to just randomly freeze anytime now
  4. Bamini Naick Win User

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Deena (Roblox)Jan 2, 2024, 7:51 AM PSTHello, ------Thank you for your patience. Please ensure that all Roblox files in the AppData directory are removed. To do this:Uninstall Roblox from your computerOpen the Command Prompt. You can open it by pressing Win+R > Type ""CMD"" > Press Enter.Type in the following commands:cd AppData\Local (then press enter)rmdir /s Roblox (then press enter)Enter ""y"" when asked to answer (then press enter)Restart your computerReinstall RobloxIf you need further assistance, please reply to this message.Sincerely,DeenaTechnical SupportI asked roblox support about this issue and they said to try this fix:[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
  5. Tostiowos2 Win User

A. Installing the Roblox launcher available for download in their official website and not from the Microsoft Store.

Yes, I use both microsoft and launcher occasionally. But this issue is only happening with the microsoft version only.

B. Disable temporarily your antivirus or firewall, this includes Microsoft Defender.

have not

C. Perform a clean boot in your PC, once restarted, try playing the game.

Tried, still freezes after around 30 minutes or higher.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Tostiowos2. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, it's likely to be an issue with Roblox and not your machine.

However, I would like to ask if you tried:

A. Installing the Roblox launcher available for download in their official website and not from the Microsoft Store.

B. Disable temporarily your antivirus or firewall, this includes Microsoft Defender.

C. Perform a clean boot in your PC, once restarted, try playing the game.

You can follow the steps for the clean boot process, by clicking here:

https://support.microsoft.com/topic...-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

I'll remain attentive to your answers.

Regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. Microsoft roblox freezing/crashing after awhile when playing a game - Similar Threads - Microsoft roblox freezing

2. How to install microsoft roblox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to install microsoft roblox?: Dear Microsoft, I cannot install Roblox because when I go to the Microsoft Store Roblox doesnt even appear what do I do? a61f8f05-4ed6-4b7e-aa50-5b2b127a5f56
  3. Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer: Games constantly crashing. Roblox Microsoft App. Heres the event log. Whats going on?? My last post has been ignored....
  4. My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...: but other Microsoft apps are working like Microsoft Edge, Settings, ETC. 0644f333-db2a-436f-9fd9-fa9a7e0a2bf8
  5. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  6. Shiftlock moves my mouse away in microsoft store roblox version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shiftlock moves my mouse away in microsoft store roblox version: Hello! I have an issue with the shiftlock version of roblox (microsoft store). Whenever I turn it on, it works like normal. But my actual computer mouse doesn't get locked! For example, since I...
  7. ROBLOX KEEPS CRASHING ON MICROSOFT STORE

in XBoX on Windows
    ROBLOX KEEPS CRASHING ON MICROSOFT STORE: So, it's been three months since I factory rested my laptop then I tried to install Roblox. Roblox installed successfully. However, when I open it, it makes the Windows error sound effect and...
  8. What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What if you bought the robux from the Microsoft website but you don’t have the roblox app?: I bought $4.99 - 400 robux and I thought they will give us a code but they didn’t and I don’t have the roblox app. And I want to refund it but it was declined and it got declined. I would like a...
  9. Microsoft Store Roblox randomly freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Roblox randomly freezes: Whenever I open the Roblox app from the Microsoft Store, the window freezes, but the times at which this happens varies each time I try to play it. Sometimes it happens seconds after I open the...
  10. Microsoft Store Roblox Crashing/Freezing When Joining Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Roblox Crashing/Freezing When Joining Game: Hi, I've tried running Microsoft Store Roblox for some kids, but it seems to crash every time I try to run a game? I have already tried updating, resetting, and reinstalling the app. Here is a...