Microsoft = Poor Customer Service

Discus and support Microsoft = Poor Customer Service in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone out there can help..... or just listen to me vent Last night I was trying to set up MineCraft so my daughter and I could play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by superminecrftkd, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Microsoft = Poor Customer Service

Wondering if anyone out there can help..... or just listen to me vent

Last night I was trying to set up MineCraft so my daughter and I could play together. As far as I can tell the only way to make this happen was to set up an xbox live account so we both have usernames and can find each other. So I did. As I was going
    through the process I ended up changing my xbox account that was under my email to a name for her. It was late and nothing was working so I gave up at about and went to bed at about 11.

The next morning I wake up to a 5 year old that really wants to play Minecraft with her dad. I realize I need to set up a separate email and xbox account for her. My bad I thought I was doing that last night. This requires that I go through numerous verification's,
    parental controls and have Microsoft extort another .50. Remember this is so my daughter can play a game I already paid for twice on the PC and Ipad. The .50 cents is nothing, I'm more annoyed that it takes an hour to set up and they save my AMEX card for
    future use.

To make a long story short I realize I've renamed myself the superminecraftkid so I go on to see if I can update the gamer tag I changed less than 24 hours ago to something more appropriate. Well that's great something more appropriate is available this
    is gong to be an easy change. Wait a minute an additional ten dollar charge and my CC is already saved ready to go. Let me try and contact Microsoft this was a mistake they can see what happened right.........

They can see what happened and there response is they will enroll me in rewards so I can buy more microsoft products. Once I buy enough products and earn enough rewards they will let me change my name without an additional charge how thoughtful and considerate.

I wanted to send an e-mail to someone at microsoft thinking they would be able to help me out. Another 20 minutes navigating a website and not being able contact a person I figured I post my poor experience for all to see. I did live chat and basically
    got told there is nothing that they can do. Thanks Microsoft

:)

superminecrftkd, Jun 24, 2018
  2. RyanWeary
    RyanWeary Guest
    Voice Command Trouble Only With Certain Channels

So a customer service agent asks me to post my problem in the web forums because he can't figure out what's wrong and NOBODY can respond? Poor....*** poor customer service, Microsoft.

RyanWeary, Jun 24, 2018
  3. JACKDJ23
    JACKDJ23 Guest
    Didn't recieve my £50 for pre ordering FIFA 15 and XBOX ONE bundle.

Same here. Extremely poor customer service from microsoft with this.

JACKDJ23, Jun 24, 2018
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

Here in the forums, it's users helping users...

Well this comment does not bode well "and have Microsoft extort another .50".

- The .50 cents is due to parents complaining about kids being able to create unauthorized accounst and made the gov't step in to "fix" the situation.

- It's not a Microsoft thing let alone, extortion

The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)

is a law created to protect the privacy of children under 13. The Act

was passed by the U.S. Congress in 1998 and took effect in April 2000. COPPA is managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

As for the gamertag change, you get one for free, which you've used. And by design, if you want to change it again after 24 minutes or 24 hours it will cost $10. It's been that way for years. You can call Xbox Support and see if they might be willing to
    refund that charge but their options are limited.

You may want to contact Xbox Support and they can explain the account creation process to you and set some expectations of either creating another adult account and changing the accounts accessibility options to a child settings. Or create another child
    account and pay the 50 cents and have your account manage the child account until it reaches the age of 18.

HAZMAT RADIO, Jun 25, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Here in the forums, it's users helping users...

Well this comment does not bode well "and have Microsoft extort another .50".

- The .50 cents is due to parents complaining about kids being able to create unauthorized accounst and made the gov't step in to "fix" the situation.

- It's not a Microsoft thing let alone, extortion

The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)

is a law created to protect the privacy of children under 13. The Act

was passed by the U.S. Congress in 1998 and took effect in April 2000. COPPA is managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

As for the gamertag change, you get one for free, which you've used. And by design, if you want to change it again after 24 minutes or 24 hours it will cost $10. It's been that way for years. You can call Xbox Support and see if they might be willing to
    refund that charge but their options are limited.

You may want to contact Xbox Support and they can explain the account creation process to you and set some expectations of either creating another adult account and changing the accounts accessibility options to a child settings. Or create another child
    account and pay the 50 cents and have your account manage the child account until it reaches the age of 18.
  6. RyanWeary Win User

Voice Command Trouble Only With Certain Channels

So a customer service agent asks me to post my problem in the web forums because he can't figure out what's wrong and NOBODY can respond? Poor....*** poor customer service, Microsoft.
  7. JACKDJ23 Win User

Didn't recieve my £50 for pre ordering FIFA 15 and XBOX ONE bundle.

Same here. Extremely poor customer service from microsoft with this.
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

Poor customer service

Hello Matthew,

You seem to have been answered multiple times in this, and your
    original thread
    . This thread will be locked, as duplicate threads are against the Forum Guidelines. Your

original thread
    will be kept open for discussion, and you can always come back to this thread to view your post and all responses.

Thank you and happy gaming!
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

Poor customer service

This has been their policy when repairing devices in countries that do not have a repair location near to you.

Unfortunately you will have to send it to their nearest repair facility, with you paying postage, and they will send you a replacement back.

For more info contact xbox support:
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Microsoft = Poor Customer Service - Similar Threads - Microsoft Poor Customer

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...: I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google. 4df3d1a3-fd3b-48a8-9559-3bc2c7f0a3b2
  4. Microsoft poor support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft poor support: Iv just went to pay my subscription and they’ve stopped me from doing so my card is red? ef4fcac4-d65e-447e-a900-63d0aaebb524
  5. Why doesn’t Microsoft respond to the questions about the Xbox series X’s poor online...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t Microsoft respond to the questions about the Xbox series X’s poor online...: Why doesn’t Microsoft respond to the questions about the Xbox series X’s poor online multiplayer performance? 906c8758-c72a-46ab-8ebb-57f9cee4940c
  6. this is what Microsoft POOR quality looks like

in XBoX on Consoles
    this is what Microsoft POOR quality looks like: Haphazard poorly packaged products. They look returned... but... are new. I have five - 5 - of these (with serial numbers) to prove that Microsoft is .dirty trash. [img]...
  7. Series X arrived with broken disc drive. Why has Microsoft after sales service been so poor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X arrived with broken disc drive. Why has Microsoft after sales service been so poor?: I ordered my new xbox series x directly from Microsoft online store and was fortunate to make the preorder. The console arrived yesterday but I then found the disc drive was broken and will not...
  8. When did Microsoft start making such poor quality Xbox controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    When did Microsoft start making such poor quality Xbox controllers: I recently purchased a brand new Xbox One X and was unable to get my play and charge set to charge my battery. I thought that my battery was just worn out, so I purchased a new play and charge...
  9. Microsoft Store Support - POOR Customer Service

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Store Support - POOR Customer Service: I ordered an Xbox One on 12/2/19. Please see the timeline of horrible customer service, and hours of my time devoted to simply trying to get my money back. Spoiler alert: no refund, no new package...
  10. Microsoft why are your Xbox One Controllers build quality so POOR!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft why are your Xbox One Controllers build quality so POOR!: These controllers are an absolute joke! I've had my xbox one since July / August, we are now in December and 4 left anologue sticks have gone on 4 different controllers now. Having purchased 2...