Microsoft/outlook/exbox account has been hijacked

Discus and support Microsoft/outlook/exbox account has been hijacked in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help. My son had setup a outlook.com email and ties to a gamertag in Xbox. This was also attached to our MS Family plan. He had... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jacqueline Wolfgang, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Microsoft/outlook/exbox account has been hijacked

Hoping someone can help.

My son had setup a outlook.com email and ties to a gamertag in Xbox. This was also attached to our MS Family plan. He had just downloaded the NBA24 game. In the middle of the night received text that his email account has been disassociated from his phone number and he no longer could get into the email account. I noticed that on the family plan the profile name changed. We tried recovering but the recovery email also got changed.

I tried going online and recovering but the recovery keeps getting denied. How can I report this to have it investigated because now can't access any of the games associated with his gamertag (and it has been quite the investment).

Thanks

:)

Jacqueline Wolfgang, Sep 9, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jacqueline Wolfgang,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand your frustration with losing access to your account. However, this is an issue that we cannot resolve here in the community, as we do not have the authority or the tools to verify your identity or reset your password. The only way to regain access to your account is to fill out the Recovery form again and provide as much details as possible, such as alternate email addresses, phone numbers, security questions, recent contacts, and any other information that can prove that you are the owner of the account. I know this may seem tedious, but it is the only option available to protect your account from unauthorized access. I hope you can understand and follow this process. Since you have been through the recovery process with success, you may try to submit another ticket and provide as much info as possible to help you possibly recover the account. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Please see: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support
  4. XBF - Drew Win User

Account has been hijacked

Hi KyeVae,

Welcome to the Xbox Community. You mentioned that you have access to your account but all you can do is sign in.

To add another form of authentication follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Microsoft.com

2. Select user profile on top right of screen > My Microsoft Account

3. Scroll down to Security > click drop down > Security dashboard

4. Select Advanced security options

5. Select Add a new way to sign in or verify

When I attempted to add a new phone it did not require for me to use another method of authentication. This is the same location to remove all other forms of authentication on the account, select the email or phone used and select "Remove."

The top of the page allows for a password change as well, and two-step verification can be turned on for additional security.

Let us know if this helps by selecting "Yes" below.

XBF Drew

5. GregIrby1 Win User

Account has been hijacked

Know what you are going though. Going through same thing right now just a bit ahead of you. First if you got one of those 30 day notice that it's says for them to give you full access back cancel it. How did this was by going through the activity log, and claim a log in that was mine wasn't. Then when I got to the notice once you see the notice cancel. Then it should ask if you want to cancel the inquiry into you account. Depending on what you had to do to get maybe a couple things you won't be able to do. But should be most
  6. Fyer Win User

My account has been hijacked!

Tell them what your gametag was. They will ask any other questions they need to know. I am pretty sure the old tag would be enough for them to start a case on this. Let me just ask it this way. Is it better to at least try and maybe fail then not to call
    at all and let them get away with it??
Thema:

1. Microsoft/outlook/exbox account has been hijacked - Similar Threads - Microsoft outlook exbox

2. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  3. Signing into Microsoft Store and any similar app (Xbox Live, Minecraft, Mail/Outlook) on a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing into Microsoft Store and any similar app (Xbox Live, Minecraft, Mail/Outlook) on a...: Whenever I try to log in to apps like Microsoft Store, Xbox Live, Minecraft, Mail/Outlook etc. with my e-mail that ends with @windowslive.com, I get stuck on the "Just a moment" screen looping a...
  4. Need help recovering account photos from expired Microsoft account,outlook account. X-box...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help recovering account photos from expired Microsoft account,outlook account. X-box...: I haven't been signed into my account for years I recently signed in today and it said that I had to sign in by December 2022 or it would close my account. Now what I'm trying to do is find out...
  5. How can i recover my Microsoft account if my outlook email and Xbox were locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover my Microsoft account if my outlook email and Xbox were locked: How can I recover my outlook account and my Xbox account if I have been locked out of both of them for suspicious activity? I summited a form but was denied access because lack of information. I...
  6. Outlook email address not associated with any Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Outlook email address not associated with any Microsoft account.: I created a new outlook email address for a Microsoft account, however later removed it as an alias. I can not add the email back to my Microsoft account as I can not verify the account to be mine...
  7. I need to recover my outlook email but cant cuz of Microsoft Authenticator!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to recover my outlook email but cant cuz of Microsoft Authenticator!: Hello brilliant minds of the Microsoft Community! I changed my password to my Outlook email which is connected to my Xbox account. Long story short can’t remember it. I lost my Android cell...
  8. Microsoft will not let me sign in with my Xbox outlook account or its alt email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft will not let me sign in with my Xbox outlook account or its alt email: I am trying to sign into Microsoft with my Xbox account. It keeps saying to account does not exist when I know it does because I use it on my Xbox. Why can't I sign in? I have tried both emails....
  9. How to Repair corrupted OST files?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Repair corrupted OST files?: If you have no idea or still confuse about how to repair and recover your corrupted OST emails from OST file, then must go to my site and instantly Download Sysvita OST to PST Converter. This tool...
  10. Microsoft outlook account setup wrong message on PS4 when trying play online. How do I fix...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft outlook account setup wrong message on PS4 when trying play online. How do I fix...: I am pmaying on a ps4 but xant play inline as it says my microsoft outlook account is set up wrong f35e1a67-e92c-4f48-8f3a-001dbe680fc7