Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number

Discus and support Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I cannot access my Xbox live account or the associated Microsoft account. At the step in the two factor verification where a code is sent to my phone I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matthew Rozanski, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number

I cannot access my Xbox live account or the associated Microsoft account. At the step in the two factor verification where a code is sent to my phone I never receive a text. I did not set up an alternative email for this account. I have checked my phone and don’t believe that is the issue. It was working for a month, but now every time I never get the code on my phone. Is there a way to access the account without the two factor verification? I have a gamer pass subscription that I cannot use or even cancel without being able to log in.

:)

Matthew Rozanski, Nov 2, 2023
  2. Matthew Rozanski Win User

Can you provide more detail to contact Microsoft support. I have attempted to recover the password 3 times. Every time was unsuccessful and I have no more information to provide to change that. Attempts to contact Microsoft support lead me to the Account Recovery Form or the Virtual Assistant at Xbox support. The virtual assistant could not solve my issue and have not been able to set up a call back appointment because they have said that my issue is not available for call back or that I would need to sign into the account to request a call back which I am unable to do.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Matthew R, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to know that you are having a problem receiving the verification code so you can access your Xbox Live account. With the intention of helping you, I did some searches on the internet and I would like to know if the phone number is correct? Do the last 2 digits match your phone number?

You can also find more details about this problem in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...e-issues-409090c4-92b5-42b9-8ae6-bcc97e62fc48

If the problem does not resolve, it would be best to contact support directly through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Let me know if this information was useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Matthew. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Microsoft Support cannot assist with account recovery, the account recovery form is the only option. If two-step verification is enabled, then I'm afraid it will not be possible to recover the account.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. ixnfax Win User

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with receiving verification codes from Microsoft for your Xbox Live account. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this problem:

1. Check Your Phone Number: Double-check that the phone number associated with your Microsoft account is correct. Sometimes, a simple mistake in the number can prevent you from receiving SMS codes.
    2. Network Issues: Ensure that you have a strong cellular signal or Wi-Fi connection on your phone. Poor connectivity can lead to delays in receiving SMS messages.
    3. Phone Settings: Make sure that your phone's SMS settings are not blocking or filtering messages from unknown or spam sources. Sometimes, these settings can prevent you from receiving codes.
    4. Try a Different Browser: If you're using a web browser for the login, try a different one. Sometimes, browser extensions or settings can interfere with the login process.
    5. Contact Microsoft Support: If the issue persists, you should reach out to Microsoft support. You can do this by visiting the Microsoft support website and selecting the "Contact us" option. They can help you with account recovery and two-factor authentication issues.
    6. Alternative Email: While you mentioned that you haven't set up an alternative email for your account, it's generally a good practice to have one as a backup. You can add an alternative email address to your account once you regain access.
    7. Recovery Code: If you have set up recovery codes for your Microsoft account, you can use one of those codes to bypass the two-factor authentication process. These codes are typically provided during the initial setup of two-factor authentication.
    8. Use a Trusted Device: If you have a trusted device (like another computer or phone) that is already logged into your Microsoft account, you can use it to reset the two-factor authentication settings.
    9. Account Recovery Process: Microsoft offers an account recovery process that may help you regain access to your account. Follow the instructions on the Microsoft account recovery page.
    10. Cancel Subscription: If you are unable to regain access to your account, you can contact Microsoft support to cancel your Xbox Game Pass subscription. They can assist you in this process even if you can't log in.
    Remember to be patient and provide all the necessary information to Microsoft's support team. They are usually able to help in these situations. Additionally, consider setting up alternative contact methods in the future to avoid similar issues.

-Also make sure that your Phone Data did not run out-
  6. LoushiHD Win User

Not receiving sms verification code

That did not help. What i was trying to say is that that when i try to add mobile phone payment as a payment option, microsoft says that they will send me a verification code to my number via sms to confirm that it is me, however i never actually receive
    this code.
Thema:

1. Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number - Similar Threads - Microsoft sending verification

2. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  3. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  4. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  5. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  6. When Microsoft send me a replacement controller, (xbox elite 2 controller) are they out of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Microsoft send me a replacement controller, (xbox elite 2 controller) are they out of...: My Xbox elite 2 controllers bumpers sometimes double input, dont input or take a bit to input when I click on them. My buttons also do this, so if I request for a new controller would it be fresh...
  7. Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death: My Xbox one s only goes to the black screen of death 5315bb4b-1f58-400a-8041-c4592c08ba60
  8. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just...: Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just change over To. I do not know how to fix this Please help. e270f120-5b51-4d11-a4c2-bcc9d4fa2fc9
  10. Microsoft sends verification codes to old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft sends verification codes to old email: couple months back i have updated the gmail by adding secondary alias, making it maijn and removing the old gmail, and now i cannot see my old gmail anywhere in the Microsoft profile and settings...