Microsoft Minesweeper will not start

Discus and support Microsoft Minesweeper will not start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi, Microsoft Minesweeper will not start since first of january 2024. I cannot play the game, the startscreen will rotate the bomb for hours. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by koech, Jan 2, 2024.

1. koech
    koech Guest

hi, Microsoft Minesweeper will not start since first of january 2024. I cannot play the game, the startscreen will rotate the bomb for hours. The GameBar is properly logged in, the Xbox-App works fine and shows my gamertag correctly. Only the Minesweeper game will not start!

:)

koech, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Koech! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Minesweeper.

According to Microsoft Agent | Moderator Shafeeq_Khan: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-jigsaw/7a8f6aca-9e01-4712-9b3c-9356296c558b

"Check if your Windows is up-to-date by going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps.

Method 1: Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter.

Run the Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter and fix the problems with the Minesweeper. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac

Method 2: Update Graphics Drivers.

As you are facing some purple-green screen when you launch the game, we can try to update your graphics drivers as well. You can follow the article Update drivers in Windows 10 and update the Graphics Drivers and check for the issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126dc1f7b6

Method 3: Clean Boot.

Try to perform a Clean Boot on your computer and see what exactly is preventing the game from running. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

NOTE: A 'Clean Boot' starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to 'Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting' section in the Clean Boot link.

Method 4: New User Account.

If the above methods didn't work, then you may need to Create a New Administrator User Account and login to the New User Account and check for the issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d "

If the issue persists, I highly recommend you contact the game developer Arkadium for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case:

https://corporate.arkadium.com/contact/

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. jh51681 Win User

Adventure boot out and reinstalling - good news

Right-click on Minesweeper and click Uninstall.

To reinstall you can search for it with Games or Store, or just start typing the word Minesweeper at the Start menu screen.
  4. Castellus Zemi Win User

Minesweeper not starting

I am sorry about this issue. Here is the official support and FAQ page for Microsoft Casual games.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/microsoft-casual-games-faq#834d6dccf2dc4ce5b5adfe96...

You should be able to find a solution to help fix your problem here. If the problem is caused by a in game bug then you will need to contact the game developer. For more help you can also call official Xbox customer support.

Xbox Customer Support Number: 1-800-469-9269

Monday - Friday 6am - 10pm Pacific time

Saturday - Sunday 7am - 6pm Pacific time

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!
  5. Ward J Win User

Adventure won't start

solved it by:

1. Closing minesweeper.

2. Navigating (in file explorer) to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftMinesweeper_8wekyb3d8bbwe

3. renaming LocalState (to LocalStateOld).

4. starting minesweeper (error logging on to xbox live)

5. start adventure, click past tutorial, close mine sweeper.

6. undo rename LocalState (back to LocalState).

7. Start MineSweeper and play adventure, click past tutorial.
  6. I_Rufus Win User

Minesweeper no longer working

Hello CarTzy,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Something interesting/new/strange to me happened as I was trying out each Solution/suggestion.

For each solution, from 1 to 3, I would follow the instructions and then try loading Minesweeper. The result was the same: nothing changed. I then closed Minesweeper. I then moved on to the next solution.

I did the same for solution 4 except that I forgot to close Minesweeper. I started to write a detailed description of my efforts to post as this reply. A short time later, when I returned to try solution 5, I noticed that I had not closed minesweeper. When I clicked the icon, I found that Minesweeper was open. Not only that, I played a couple of the daily challenges.

I then closed Minesweeper and shut down the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I next opened Microsoft Solitaire Collection, clicked on Minesweeper and waited. The big white opening window appeared but nothing else happened. I waited. After a few minutes the intro page disappeared and the game options appeared. I played one or two and then shut down Minesweeper. I then repeated that process several times: start Minesweeper, wait until the game options appear, play one or two options, shut down Minesweeper. I repeated that 5 more times, but timing each process. The times between the appearance of the opening window and its disappearance – and the ability to play Minesweeper – ranged from 1:20 to 3:01. I have repeated the process several times and it always eventually brings up the Minesweeper options.

So, thanks for your efforts to help but I think something else may be happening. I have no idea. Do you or any other readers?

Thanks again.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Minesweeper will not start - Similar Threads - Microsoft Minesweeper start

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  5. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  6. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...
  7. Microsoft Minesweeper Adventure tableau overflows bottom of window.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper Adventure tableau overflows bottom of window.: This morning for the first time opened Microsoft Minesweeper and got new interfaces. Selected Adventure. Game tableau loads correctly, but overflows the bottom of the window. Unable to find any...
  8. Microsoft Minesweeper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper: New updated Micrsoft Minesweeper: Adventure does not allow me to make it small enough to fit on my screen. It will go larger but not smaller. I am on level 196 and would hate to quit it. Also all...
  9. How Can I Get a Newer Version of Microsoft Minesweeper From the Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Can I Get a Newer Version of Microsoft Minesweeper From the Microsoft Store?: I have two computers and would like to run the same version of Minesweeper in both and share my statistics. My office computer runs Minesweeper version 4.4.5191.0, which includes the option of...
  10. Microsoft Minesweep not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweep not loading: Worked up until today. Windows 10 platform and updated last week so it is not the update since I was able to play the game after the up date for at least one week. But today, I'm getting an...