Microsoft Live v Xbox Live or are they the same thing?

Discus and support Microsoft Live v Xbox Live or are they the same thing? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Live account and have had for years. I recently acquired a PC with Windows 10 and this account is used used to log in. It also set... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NickOldrini, Nov 25, 2015.

1. NickOldrini
    NickOldrini Guest

I have a Microsoft Live account and have had for years. I recently acquired a PC with Windows 10 and this account is used used to log in. It also set up an Xbox account under the same address.

Ihave now acquired and Xbox One. It asked me Ifni had a Microsoft account and I assumed I would be able to use me Live account however it keeps telling me "this email address is unavailable". And no way to go back a screen to do anything about it so I am
    now stranded. I have, by the way, successfully used my normal Live account to log onto this forum.

What do I do Now? I can't go forward or back and cant get help.

Thanks,

Nick

:)

NickOldrini, Nov 25, 2015
  2. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Xbox Live Ambassadors addmitted to using a known in game glitch to his advantage How do I report them?

[quote user="ShadowWo1fAlpha"]

By the way what exactly is an xbox live ambassador are they players appointed by xbox? Or are they directly employees of xbox live?

[/quote]

Xbox Community Ambassadors, are NOT Microsoft Employees & can be from 13 years or older... Moderators (Level M) & MVP (Level V) are Microsoft Employees..

OCRyzen, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    volunteers & moderators

Xxj3n71eq0hnxX, some of your questions have been answered (such as the M, V, X) but keep in mind, Xbox LIVE does not use Moderators for Xbox LIVE itself.

Microsoft employs a specific group known as the Xbox LIVE Policy Enforcement Team. They are the only ones who enforce the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct while on Xbox LIVE. The Community User Level (CUL) on Employees of Microsoft will only be an "X" (from
    the Forums).

Moderators are to the Forums only and are volunteers. They do not work for MS and only enforce rules and activities on the Forums.
    The Community User Level (CUL) on a Moderator of the Forums will only be a "M" or "V".

Elohmn, Nov 25, 2015
  4. Microsoft Live v Xbox Live or are they the same thing?

Try calling Xbox support they may have the answer your looking for. Or you can wait and see if someone esle on the forums can help you with this problem.

LORD AlMIGHTY6, Nov 25, 2015
  5. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there,

normally you should be able to login with the account you used on this website on the xbox one console too. Just to be sure can you check if all information is correct at
    http://account.live.com and try again afterwards

You should still be able to go forward or back when supplying a Microsoft Account, be sure to use the exact details you used to login at xbox.com.

Let us know the results

6. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest
    [quote user="UpbeatBacon5993"]Ihave now acquired and Xbox One. It asked me Ifni had a Microsoft account and I assumed I would be able to use me Live account however it keeps telling me "this email address is unavailable". And no way to go back a screen to
    do anything about it so I am now stranded. I have, by the way, successfully used my normal Live account to log onto this forum.[/quote]

It sounds like you might be trying to create a new gamertag with the existing account. You want to "recover" or "sign in" with it, since you already have the account.

Danno McK., Nov 28, 2015
  7. NickOldrini
    NickOldrini Guest
    Thanks to all who replied. I resolved the problem the old-fashioned Microsoft way: I switched the box and started again.

I then logged back in on my existing Microsoft Live account and it seemed to work this time.

Thanks for the tips,

Nick

NickOldrini, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: