Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The app crashes (just shuts down without any error message) after about 30 seconds. I can get as far as selecting Classic Jigsaw, selecting my partly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Geoff Rosenberg, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading

The app crashes (just shuts down without any error message) after about 30 seconds. I can get as far as selecting Classic Jigsaw, selecting my partly completed puzzle and either seeing the 10-second advertisement or watching the puzzle-load progress bar almost reach 100% then BANG! it's gone and I'm looking at my desktop. Or if I just load the app and don't select any of the game options it'll do the same after about 30 seconds. I have rebooted my computer and also gone through the 'Repair' process for Jigsaw through Settings >Apps etc.

My system is up to date. I am using Windows 11 Pro on a 64-bit laptop with 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12800H 2.40 GHz and 32GB ram. Stacks of disk space left. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

:)

Geoff Rosenberg, Oct 4, 2023
  2. Geoff Rosenberg Win User

Hi Kathy

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

I installed MS Sudoku and it worked fine. I turned off BitDefender and tried Jigsaw. It still crashed without fully loading. What would you suggest I do next?

Thanks, Geoff
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Geoff Rosenberg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, it seems like the Microsoft Jigsaw is crashing during the loading process. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Let us try to isolate the issue by performing the following steps:

• Turn off or disable any of these apps - antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer (or something like game accelerator).
    • Install Microsoft Sudoku or Microsoft Solitaire Collection and launch these games.
    • If it launches and you were able to play it for more than a minute. Try to launch Microsoft Jigsaw, see if the issue persist.

Let us know how it went.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Ken Bates1 Win User

Agree - seems like a new problem. Also, the advice to turn off AV software??? That seems very problematic.
  5. Angel M2 Win User

I'm also having this issue and it's super frustrating, because it was working fine until 2 nights ago...please release an update to fix this!!!
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Geoff Rosenberg,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Based on your reply, this is an isolated issue as the crash happens for Microsoft Jigsaw. We recommend you raise this concern to the game support for this to be investigated.

Please use this link to submit a request - Submit a request – Microsoft Casual Games (zendesk.com).

We appreciate your time posting and reporting this issue.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw crashes

2. How can i sync log off mode data for microsoft jigsaw to logon mode.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i sync log off mode data for microsoft jigsaw to logon mode.: I have been playing Microsoft jigsaw for few years. I recently noticed that when I log in to my xbox account, my downloaded puzzles and progress data played in logged off mode are lost....
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw: Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles achievement glitched?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw: Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles achievement glitched?: Microsoft Jigsaw achievements for Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles won't pop even though I completed the achievements. Jam King - I have completed both packs (42 out of 42) but the tracker says I...
  4. Why am I not receiving the correct amount of Gold Bars in Microsoft Jigsaw?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the correct amount of Gold Bars in Microsoft Jigsaw?: When I finish a puzzle in Microsoft Jigsaw, I am only awarded 1/2 of the Gold Bars after solving a puzzle. I only play Classic Jigsaw, so I don't know if this is a problem with the other Jigsaw...
  5. Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...: I've asked this a couple of times and each time it's like a bot is answering. If you're going to offer advice, please read this properly and actually answer what I'm asking about - rather than...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw -- mute option does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw -- mute option does not work: I've been trying to find an answer to this for years. I always have Microsoft Jigsaw's music and sound effects turned off. And the game sound is also muted in my computer's volume settings....
  7. I don't think Microsoft should charge for Microsoft Jigsaw until they fixed the many bugs...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't think Microsoft should charge for Microsoft Jigsaw until they fixed the many bugs...: How do you guys have the nerve to charge for a subscription to Microsoft Jigsaw when there are so many bugs in the app. When I first signed up, the app worked fine but is getting worse and worse....
  8. Glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw: I asked this question before but the answer wasn't at all helpful and by the time I tried adding to the thread it was locked. My laptop suddenly died while in the middle of the General Burgoyne...
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw crash: Every time I try to get off a collection, the game crashes. I uninstalled and installed several times, the Apps troubleshooter not find any fault, I checked several times that the time zone and...
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw crash: Every time I try to get off a collection, the game crashes. I uninstalled and installed several times, the Apps troubleshooter not find any fault, I checked several times that the time zone and...