Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out

Discus and support Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth. When playing games with party chat / audio, the audio only works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JVGen, Jul 26, 2023.

1. JVGen
    JVGen Guest

I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth.

When playing games with party chat / audio, the audio only works well 50% of the time. At random, audio quality will reduce, cut in-and-out, and sometimes the headset loses its Bluetooth connection altogether. It reconnects after about 10 seconds. Low audio quality generally lasts about 30 seconds. Friends have told me that my mic quality is reduced simultaneously with the reduced audio quality.

I’ve found this issue to occur in multiple games: Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, Elder Scrolls, Fall Guys.

Previous posts reporting the same issue: here and here

I followed the troubleshooting steps provided at the previous post. The problem persists. I even exchanged the headset for a new identical pair and the same issue persists. I have no issues with controller connectivity. Problem does not occur if headset is connected by wired connection.

In brief, I have:

1) Powered headset on/off

2) Updated headset

3) Hard reset headset

4) Cleared mac address

5) Power cycled console

6) Reset console - kept games

7) Restarted router

:)

JVGen, Jul 26, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

3. JVGen Win User

I did a factory reset and deleted all data. Afterward, I paired the headset and found the problem still persists. The audio quality will reduce and then Bluetooth connection is lost. The headset reconnects after a few seconds (and the on-screen notification saying “Headset connected” appears).
  4. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you checked if your controller needs to be updated as well?

When connected with a USB cable:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
  5. DeniqL Win User

I see, I asked because on rare ocassions external devices have interfered with wirless connections. You say you are having the same issue with a brand new headset?
  6. JVGen Win User

Im troubleshooting my headset. Not sure why you’re offering troubleshooting steps for my controller when I don’t have any issues with it…?
Thema:

1. Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Similar Threads - Microsoft Headset Series

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  4. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  5. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  6. I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...: I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Controller dongle. My sound keeps cutting in and out whilst playing destiny 2 via Steam. It is getting progressively worse....
  7. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  8. How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944

in XBoX on Windows
    How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944: I purchased Microsoft wireless headset model 1944 and they constantly cut out, lose connection and people can't hear every word I'm saying! I've only had these just over 1 month and I started...
  9. Microsoft headset mic broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft headset mic broke: Hi I bought a headset from you 8th December last year and it had literally fallen to bit and has never been dropped how can I get it repaired or replaced please d24fe357-7d66-4b6a-8e52-b351da9aaee9
  10. Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Fornite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Fornite: I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth. When playing Fortnite, the audio only works well 50% of the time. At random, audio quality will reduce, cut...