Microsoft has locked my account and I cant access anything or play on my Xbox

Discus and support Microsoft has locked my account and I cant access anything or play on my Xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’m experiencing a very frustrating issue,where my regular hotmail account has ‘had suspicious activity’,and needs the password changed. The phone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by George Mclellan, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Microsoft has locked my account and I cant access anything or play on my Xbox

I’m experiencing a very frustrating issue,where my regular hotmail account has ‘had suspicious activity’,and needs the password changed. The phone number I have on it is my old number which is not in use any more. I have never used the email account linked to my xbox account,and as such,have never sent emails from it. The automated server is giving me no joy and saying I haven’t provided enough information,despite me giving it all I know. I now cannot play my X-Box,which I have spent thousands on between the hardware,games,add ons etc,and to say i’m fuming is an understatement. Very p****d off at Microsoft,as no help is available and i’m at the end of my tether as I keep going in circles and getting nowhere. I just want to play MY MACHINE,with MY GAMES that I’ve paid a lot of cash for. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

George Mclellan, Oct 25, 2023
  2. Vardagul Win User

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, this is the only option we have to unlock a locked account due to suspicious activity.

If you feel the need to contact Microsoft support, you can reach them by:

1. Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    2. Click on the "Contact Us" button on the right of the screen.
    3. Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    4. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

Just a friendly reminder that we are Xbox gamers just like you in this community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have access to your account or any tools to manage it.

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  3. George Mclellan Win User

I’ve filled in the form,lets hope it helps. I have 2 heartbroken kids who now cant play online with their friends due to this.
  4. Vardagul Win User

Hi George! My name is Darhlene and I’m here to assist you.

I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation. I understand your frustration. Don't worry, I will help you get this sorted out.

I understand that your account remains locked due to suspicious activity despite your attempts to recover your account. You can try to recover your account by submitting a reinstatement request form using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/con...7Owg-3a8F4RAmtcODsRKhaxFrNbnAPi7dX8ADYVlNPGqg

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Unfortunately, in the agreements you agree too, you are responsible for keeping all your information up to date, this includes emails kept active by using them, phone numbers updated as soon as they are changed, this is the most important part of any account on any service, this is also how most other businesses operate and if you fail to update your information then you have not followed the terms and conditions of having an account.

a Microsoft account IS the Xbox account and is also access to all of the other services via Microsoft. if the associated email is not used for a period of time it will auto close too.

And all the game and DLC you own you don't actually own, you have a licence to use said software, this is what you purchased a licence to use the game or dlc, in those terms it states you must keep all your information up to date on your account.
  6. Sean McNaney Win User

I've the same issue and unfortunately we are unable to sign in to move further with the issue when trying to contact Microsoft. Therefore the contact us option is obsolete.
Thema:

1. Microsoft has locked my account and I cant access anything or play on my Xbox - Similar Threads - Microsoft has locked

2. Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains: Microsoft Inc. Buys Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai Domains, Signaling Commitment To AI in Gaming submitted by /u/Popular-Sympathy-696 [link] [comments]
  3. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  4. My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.: So, near the end of February 2023 my account was hacked, but luckily I recovered it. While I was trying to change the information back to before it was hacked Microsoft locked my account for...
  5. My Microsoft account has been locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been locked: My Microsoft account has been locked and I can't unblock it when I put my phone number on it says usage limit exceeded I have been trying this for 3 days now please help I got my games on there...
  6. Your Microsoft account has been locked with but I cant see the next button.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Your Microsoft account has been locked with but I cant see the next button.: So I am having a problem it I just got to Minecraft and it says your Microsoft account has been locked (I don't hate Microsoft) I know there should be next button but I didn't had any Phone Number...
  7. Microsoft account has been locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account has been locked: Split from this thread. Im on the same boat wiht my other account,. ive tried the recovery form and im getting all the questions correct, ive provided my bank details, Gamertag, my xbox live...
  8. My Microsoft Account Has Been Permanently Locked And I Don't Know How To Get It Back

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Has Been Permanently Locked And I Don't Know How To Get It Back: I have been using the same Microsoft account for almost 3 years now, and I mainly used it for Minecraft. Recently, a hacker hacked my account and Microsoft decided to permanently lock it. I've...
  9. My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.: My Xbox account which I have not used for years has been locked and I no longer have access to the phone number to verify it. I have been trying to use the online verify form however as it was so...
  10. Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft: My account was stolen a while ago, and the person who stole it put a 2FA on it, then I got it locked, and it currently still remains locked. Is there any chance of me recovering my stolen account?...