Microsoft has bought Minecraft for 2.5 billion. ..

Discus and support Microsoft has bought Minecraft for 2.5 billion. .. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First off, is any game really worth that much? They can't possibly make the money back just by selling the game, unless they take a split out of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by II FOZZER II, Sep 15, 2014.

1. II FOZZER II
    II FOZZER II Guest

First off, is any game really worth that much? They can't possibly make the money back just by selling the game, unless they take a split out of YouTube commentators. Secondly, this is a good thing for Xbox owners, maybe we'll start seeing updates a lot
    more.... but the other platforms, they're worried about what Microsoft will do to the game... Sony uses think they'll pull Minecraft from Playstation (highly unlikely) and some are worried about updates being held back, as a timed exclusive for Xbox (could
    happen).

What are your thoughts on this?

:)

II FOZZER II, Sep 15, 2014
  2. Silent Hill Coming to the One

@ghost: uhh... where did you hear that microsoft made their money back within 24 hours of a $2.5 billion investment? that's a load of barnacles.

I hope microsoft grabs this, but I mean... they got minecraft for $2.5 billion. minecraft is way bigger than silent hills, so why is silent hills apparently worth "billions"?

Dilbert88-C7E77089-2983-42D1-8713-6EFDCC9B48A9, Sep 15, 2014
  3. BuGied
    BuGied Guest
    Mojang is bought buy Microsoft for 2.5 Billion!

Notch is stepping away from the company, in my opinion this was a bad move on Microsofts part. What do you guys think? PlayStation owners in particular.

BuGied, Sep 15, 2014
  4. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest

FYI -- They bought Mojang (not Minecraft), so they own the rights to all intellectual property they had, which would include Minecraft and any projects that they are currently working on.

Eggnogga, Sep 15, 2014
  5. They only bought the studio to get minecraft so in essence yes they bought minecraft.

Weekend Zombi, Sep 15, 2014
  6. ChomskyKnows
    ChomskyKnows Guest
    The only report I saw that mentioned the math gave a complicated goofy rich people argument...and here it goes:

- MS makes more money by buying the developer and selling the game and sequels (and licensing fees, merch, whatever) than the interest that the 2.5bil in the bank would make just sitting there doing nothing.

The studio was going up for sale anyway so they also keep if away from competitors. They said "Microsoft expects the acquisition of Mojang to be break-even on a GAAP basis in fiscal 2015, which ends next June."

So...hey, it's makes sense to them...

ChomskyKnows, Nov 1, 2018
  7. ChomskyKnows Win User

The only report I saw that mentioned the math gave a complicated goofy rich people argument...and here it goes:

- MS makes more money by buying the developer and selling the game and sequels (and licensing fees, merch, whatever) than the interest that the 2.5bil in the bank would make just sitting there doing nothing.

The studio was going up for sale anyway so they also keep if away from competitors. They said "Microsoft expects the acquisition of Mojang to be break-even on a GAAP basis in fiscal 2015, which ends next June."

So...hey, it's makes sense to them...
  8. Weekend Zombi Win User

They only bought the studio to get minecraft so in essence yes they bought minecraft.
  9. Eggnogga Win User

FYI -- They bought Mojang (not Minecraft), so they own the rights to all intellectual property they had, which would include Minecraft and any projects that they are currently working on.
  10. Dilbert88-C7E77089-2 Win User

Silent Hill Coming to the One

@ghost: uhh... where did you hear that microsoft made their money back within 24 hours of a $2.5 billion investment? that's a load of barnacles.

I hope microsoft grabs this, but I mean... they got minecraft for $2.5 billion. minecraft is way bigger than silent hills, so why is silent hills apparently worth "billions"?
  11. DBurleson Win User

Minecraft to join Microsoft

I agree with Bon3zz. 2.5 Billion on a game that everyone owns already? This has Microtranactions written all over it now.
Thema:

1. Microsoft has bought Minecraft for 2.5 billion. .. - Similar Threads - Microsoft has bought

2. Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains: Microsoft Inc. Buys Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai Domains, Signaling Commitment To AI in Gaming submitted by /u/Popular-Sympathy-696 [link] [comments]
  3. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  4. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  5. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  6. Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated?: I bought an Xbox Series X bundle at the beginning of 2022, it contained a console and the Xbox Series X Carbon Black controller. At that same time I also bought the Microsoft Complete Warranty,...
  7. i bought minecraft from microsoft store he wants to play online punch has a message you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought minecraft from microsoft store he wants to play online punch has a message you...: tore my son wants to play on the servers the problem he is not able to play because the message you cannot play in online multiplayer mode always appears due to the way your microsoft account is...
  8. I bought a faulty xbox series s early on and microsoft has made sure there's no way for me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a faulty xbox series s early on and microsoft has made sure there's no way for me...: I tried to file a service ticket with microsoft but they say it isn't available in my location and when I try to contact them my country(kuwait) code isn't even in the drop down menu to leave a...
  9. i bought a sims pack on my brothers microsoft account ages ago and it has been working fine...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a sims pack on my brothers microsoft account ages ago and it has been working fine...: but it says that they are installed on my xbox. also all the other packs that are installed on my sccount show up on his. can someone help me a1aa442d-f2bb-454e-b913-d1c4eda8d7c1
  10. Microsoft has charged me 3 times for something I never bought!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft has charged me 3 times for something I never bought!: Since September of this year Microsoft has randomly charged me on multiple occasions. It doesn’t show up in my order history either. I have lost almost 50 AUD because of this. Here are all of the...