Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to...

Discus and support Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had free 1 month Xbox game pass which came free with my pc when I bought it in 2021 (I can claim it till September 2023), So I claimed it in July... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kunal Prasad, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Kunal Prasad
    Kunal Prasad Guest

Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to...

I had free 1 month Xbox game pass which came free with my pc when I bought it in 2021 (I can claim it till September 2023), So I claimed it in July 2023 and downloaded several games with Xbox game pass, the moment I installed HITMAN: World of Assassination on my pc my laptop started to freeze at random times I checked on the reliability monitor and it says; "windows was not properly shutdown" and when I checked Informational event it says; "Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft GameInput. Product Version: 10.1.22621.3036. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0". Then I saw some solutions on google they say that you may have downloaded a Game which is reliant on Microsoft gameinput so, I unistalled HITMAN from my pc and problem didn't occur for 1 week but then again it started to freeze again. My Xbox game will expire on 2/August/2023 and I am not going to renew it, do you guys think "expiration of gamepass" will solve this issue?? please help guys??? any solution????

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Performance and system failures***

:)

Kunal Prasad, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to this?????

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to this?????

Hello Kunal Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to install a game when your computer freezes. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

We appreciate you have provided us details about what you have done so far and what you have discovered about this issue. For us to get started in playing Xbox games we have to make sure that the necessary system installs and up to date. For this case, we will have to follow a series of troubleshooting. The troubleshooting we will share to you could be applicable to Xbox app issues you will encounter in the future.

• Before we provide those, we would like to make sure that you can sign into your account in Microsoft website. Please visit this link (click here) and sign in with your account. If you have not secured your account, try adding more security information to it. For tips, please check this link: 5 ways to protect your Microsoft account | Microsoft Security Blog.
    • Restart device -
      • This will clear your computer’s memory/RAM.
    • Keep your Windows updated -
      • Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
        • Settings > Update & Security (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 11) > Check for updates > download updates and install > restart device and wait for the update to be done.
      • If you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
      • Update your Windows and Windows drivers:
    • For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.
    • Update Xbox app and Gaming Services from Microsoft Store
      • Launch Microsoft Store app on Windows by searching it on Windows search bar.
      • Select Library > Updates & downloads > check if an update is available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app.
      • If an update is available, select Update.
    • Sign out your account on Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Make sure you are signed in to Microsoft Store and Xbox app with the same credentials.
    • (EA App) Close both Xbox app and EA app and relaunch the Xbox app.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services.
      • Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • Type this command one at a time, press enter and wait:
        get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
        start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
      • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
      • Restart your device and try to install the game again
    Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

Please update us on how it went.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. NicolóMarchioni Win User

I'm having the same error, with all games. Already tried to uninstall and re-install Game services , nothing has changed. Pls help me I'm mad
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Kunal Prasad,

Thanks for the reply.

Totally fine, the first command is for removing Gaming Services in which this won't be installable if Xbox app is not launch. The second command will open Microsoft Store to see Gaming Services for installation. If installation did not start, you may launch Xbox app and take a closer look at the lower part of the app, you most likely will see on that part if there is an update needs to be installed or Gaming Services needs installation.

Regards,

6. Kunal Prasad Win User

I have updated Xbox application from Microsoft store and I tried to paste this command "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN"
    in powershell it is showing somekind of warning, will it be fine ????
Thema:

1. Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Gameinput causing

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. On each startup of Windows 11 Pro the installer reconfigures Microsoft GameInput. Product...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On each startup of Windows 11 Pro the installer reconfigures Microsoft GameInput. Product...: This is the full text from the reliability monitor, windows appears to operate without any other errors, freezes or bluescreens etc. "Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name:...
  7. GameInput (microsoft)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameInput (microsoft): What is Microsoft GameInput? 92dfa350-290b-4cb9-b33b-40c90a84cdb1
  8. Microsoft GameInput

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft GameInput: For the past 10 days whenever Microsoft GameInput updates it freezes my pc which causes me to have to restart by holding the power button, ive tried everything google has given and nothing has...
  9. Microsoft GameInput and unknown cause for random shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft GameInput and unknown cause for random shut down: Hey, recently my PC started to randomly shut down when I or someone else was gaming on the computer. When I looked in the Reliability Monitor I saw that on the exact same minute Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 10: Hi this application crashes my PC forcing a restart whenever I play a game. Upon checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is caused by "Successful application reconfiguration"...