Microsoft flight sim 2020 asking to insert disk

Discus and support Microsoft flight sim 2020 asking to insert disk in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have done everything possible to get it to run I have cleared cache logged in and out uninstalled and installed re-downloaded the digital key... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HGAZZ, Oct 23, 2020.

1. HGAZZ
    HGAZZ Guest

I have done everything possible to get it to run

I have cleared cache

logged in and out

uninstalled and installed

re-downloaded the digital key more than once

there is no support like steam

What can i do

Please help

:)

HGAZZ, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Insert disk 'Microsoft Flight Sim 2020'

Hey, there!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

Microsoft Flight Simulator has an offline mode. To turn this mode on, you will need to launch the simulator with an internet connection first. From there, you can activate this mode and play offline in the future.

In regard with the known issue: Some users seeing a "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator disc" error when launching the game on Windows 10.

In order to fix this and play the game digitally on Windows 10, you will need to have the Digital Ownership installed.

Here's how to download the digital ownership:

Go to the Windows store

Select My Library

Look for the MSFS Digital Ownership item and click it.

On the MSFS Digital Ownership page, click Install.

Either scroll down this page or go back to your library to find MSFS (the standard edition, NOT any of the others you might have). Click on this to bring up its page.

Install this on the store page. This just installs the launcher (about 900 megs).

When this download is complete, you will be prompted to launch the game. Do so.

You’ll get to choose some UI options and then the game will check for updates, and find a big one of about 96.1 gigs. Select a folder for this and hit the UPDATE button to start the download.

When the download completes, you will be at the main menu page of the actual game.

Find the Content Manager page of the menu and use it to install the extra content packs if you purchased them

File installed as it is required to grant the necessary permissions to play. If you already have this file installed and are running in to this error, please uninstall and reinstall this file only and this should resolve the issue. There is no need to uninstall the entire 127+GB base game files. Uninstalling this small 10MB file is all that will be needed.

For reference links:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/580615-insta...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-is-t...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for....
  3. bh510 Win User

Insert disk 'Microsoft Flight Sim 2020'

All updates are done.

This is referring to the message popping up that is disabling me from opening the game while disconnected from any network.
  4. SpookyDiver Win User

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 - USB controller detection problem (CH Controllers)

"Hi All

Hope someone can help me.

Successfully configured my CH Flight Sim Yoke to work Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 and did some flying around and landing around my hometown no problems. The configuration setup was saved. I then closed the game down.

Now when I start up Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 it no longer detects the CH Flight Sim Yoke. I have also tried plugging in the CH Fighterstick (which was previously detected) and it is now undetected as well.

The USB ports work fine outside Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 as tested by adding a second keyboard. (update: under Windows 10 device manager I also checked to can see if Windows 10 detects the insertion and removal of the CH controllers - I confirmed OK that
    Windows 10 had no problems detecting the addition and removal of the controllers.

It seems to be a detection problem by Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 (despite the fact Windows 10 can detect the controllers)

Welcome any advise why Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 has 'forgotten' its plug in controls.

TIA

Des (tippiersaucer2)"
    This afternoon I was playing FS 2020 with an Xbox controller because Flight gear is not available anywhere, except at Ama..n for 400-500% price markups. Today I received a Thrustmaster Rudder pedal I bought at the Microsoft Store and FS 2020 detect it without
    problems. After setting up the axis, I played for awhile and got off. When I got back on a few minutes later my Xbox controller was gone from FS2020. The Rudder Pedals were still showing and working, but no signs of the controller. Unplugging, rebooting
    the PC (Windows 10 Pro latest) did not do any good. I tried the controller with Steam games and it works as usual, so there is something going on with FS 2020 recognizing USB devices for sure....
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is Flight Sim. X 2006 compatible with Windows 365?

Microsoft 365 is the subscription service for productivity, items like Skype, OneDrive and Office

No version of Flight Sim or any games appear on it

The only version of Flight Sim on GamePass is 2020, which is unlikely to change
  6. Ignatius SCHOLTZ Win User

Microsoft Flight simulator for PC

It is Flight sim 2020 40th edition.
Thema:

1. Microsoft flight sim 2020 asking to insert disk - Similar Threads - Microsoft flight sim

2. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  3. My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.: Okay so first and foremost, I made the mistake of verifying the integrity of game files on Steam, because I've done some extensive research and people have said that it has caused their game to...
  4. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  5. Trying to start Microsoft Flight Sim on my XBOX X and I also get the message PLEASE WAIT on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to start Microsoft Flight Sim on my XBOX X and I also get the message PLEASE WAIT on...: Trying to start Microsoft Flight Sim on my XBOX X and I also get the message PLEASE WAIT on the XBOX series X, nothing happening, seems just stuck. 09d166e8-e2d4-4a27-9eff-973e36dd07e9
  6. Microsoft Flight Sim. Failed loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Sim. Failed loading: I purchased MSFS in 2020 at release (discs) Loaded it onto my machine, had no problems with it. Then my computer died. It was replaced with a full spec gaming machine. Tried to reload MSFS,...
  7. can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...: can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on xcloud microsoft flight simulator please? 310cf484-e5b1-4570-a822-0688d474dbee
  8. Microsoft flight sim keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight sim keeps crashing: Everytime I launch the game it crashes down after a small amount of time, and no error code is given. The system requriements are alright. I tried repairing it and I did what I found on the...
  9. Microsoft flight sim upgrade pack installs 99% but then stops on the b787 and won’t install...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft flight sim upgrade pack installs 99% but then stops on the b787 and won’t install...: So I brought the premium upgrade on Microsoft flight simulator and it installs is 99% of the way until it gets to decompressing the b787 and it just freezes and doesn’t install it I am on Xbox...
  10. What do do with the updates for Microsoft Flight Sim if there is no enough space

in XBoX on Windows
    What do do with the updates for Microsoft Flight Sim if there is no enough space: Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all...