Microsoft Family Safety on XBox One - how to disable offline connexion ('ignore connection'...

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety on XBox One - how to disable offline connexion ('ignore connection'... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I've joined our XBox One into Microsoft Family Safety (https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/microsoft-365/family-safety) and it works fine: it limits... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Laurent4810, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Laurent4810
    Laurent4810 Guest

Microsoft Family Safety on XBox One - how to disable offline connexion ('ignore connection'...

Hi,

I've joined our XBox One into Microsoft Family Safety (https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/microsoft-365/family-safety) and it works fine: it limits very well total and scheduled time when my child use his Microsoft account to access to his session and games on Windows and XBox. But my child has found how to get around this restrictions when the XBox starts: instead of selecting his user account to login, he selects the option 'Ignore connection' and then he has access to the list of all the games installed on the Xbox. When launching a game, some of them ask to login with an XBox user account to start, but some not. For instance, Fifa 2020 does not: it only warns user that without a connection with his XBox account, he couldn't save his games and play online, but that's all. After that warnings, any person using the XBox without a user account can play to the game...

Is there a way to disable this option 'ignore connection' at XBox One startup screen in ordre to solve the problem. I've been searching for hours without success.

Thanks a lot for your attention and help!

Laurent

:)

Laurent4810, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Microsoft Family Safety on XBox One - how to disable offline connexion ('ignore connection' option) ?

3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Microsoft Family Safety on XBox One - how to disable offline connexion ('ignore connection' option) ?

I removed the en-us from the link and I think it did not work. I'm sorry. The original link is:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Did you try to setup a very low age restriction for guests (like 3 years old) to see if it blocks FIFA? Or the console does not let you do it?

Because if your son try to play it without an account, it will block your son to do it (because it is a game above the 3 years old restriction). And if he sign in with his account, he will need to respect the screen limit.
  4. Laurent4810 Win User

Hi Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. In Microsoft docs you make reference to (

https://support.xbox.com/help/famil.../restrict-content-access-when-noone-signed-in

) it's written :

Note Guests can’t use games and apps that require an Xbox account.

Apparently with Fifa 2020, Xbox account to play to this game is optional. If ones doesn't use account to play at this game (noone signed), the game recommends to use one in order to save game plays and to play online. But if the player does not sign in, it's still possible to enter and to play with Fifa... Setting a content age limit for the non-signed user does not resolve the problem with games respecting this age limit, that is the case with Fifa 2021 (my son is 11 year old).

By the way, it seems there is an error in the link you provide for skatanic79's post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/xbox/...n-button/3ff967b1-4beb-44e9-b95c-7c53fc54453b

(Page Not Found)

Thanks again for your attention.

Laurent
  5. Rostom L Win User

What does this mean??

Hi Kaitlyn!

It must be a status of your friend how long he is currently offline. On your profile or on Xbox app, there's an option to toggle between "Appear online" or "Appear offline".

Learn more about that here https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf....
  6. XBF John Win User

Tryb wieloosobowy wyłączony: sprawdź ustawenia konta microsoft [ Multiplayer disabled: Check your microsoft account settings ]

Hello,

Najdę podobne pytanie z odpowiedzią tutaj: Jak naprawić "Multiplayer is disabled. Sprawdź witrynę Microsoft — Microsoft Community

Jeśli korzystasz z komputera, zapoznaj się z tym artykułem pomocy technicznej: Zarządzaj ustawieniami prywatności aplikacji na konsoli Xbox | Pomoc techniczna konsoli Xbox.

Jeśli jesteś zablokowany, możesz używać konta dziecka lub konta, które jest częścią rodziny i które uniemożliwia zmianę ustawień.

Best Pozdrowienia,

[Powyższy tekst jest tłumaczony maszynowo i może nie być dokładnym odzwierciedleniem oryginalnego postu.]

Hello,

I found a similar question with an answer here: How to fix "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft - Microsoft Community

If you are on PC Check out this support article: Manage app privacy settings on Xbox | Xbox Support.

If you are being blocked, you may be using a child account or an account that is a part of a family and that is keeping you from changing the settings.

Best Regards,
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Safety on XBox One - how to disable offline connexion ('ignore connection'... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft family age restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family age restrictions?: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!...
  3. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  4. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  5. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action: July 19, 2023, receive an email requesting consent for something in Microsoft Family Safety (email contained a lot of text, but no explanation as to why or how to get help). July 20, 2023,...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety error Algo no anda bien. No sabemos qué ha pasado, pero quizás...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error Algo no anda bien. No sabemos qué ha pasado, pero quizás...: Hello. My account is getting the following error: Algo no anda bien. No sabemos qué ha pasado, pero quizás debas actualizar la página o probar otra vez dentro de un rato. TraceId:...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  10. How can I connect my child's Nintendo Switch to the Microsoft family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I connect my child's Nintendo Switch to the Microsoft family safety?: My child has a Microsoft account so she can play minecraft with her siblings. Unfortunately, it says she in not able to play online unless I give permission for multi-player games. I can't figure...