Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jamie vecchio, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

Hi All,

I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over the last two weeks. I want to set up Xbox Game pass for my child, but cant access their spending tab. Any other ways to set this up or advice would be grateful.

Error below.

Sorry, something went wrong.

We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while.

TraceId: iXQt24rL8UiJlHzZ.53.436

Cheers and thanks

:)

jamie vecchio, Jan 6, 2024
  2. TallishStraw28 Win User

Error page on family safety spending page

Thanks Daniel

I’ve tried all 3 options and still have the same issue unfortunately
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Error page on family safety spending page

Hi TallishStraw28! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem accessing the expense page of your child's account, but don't worry, I will do my best to help you solve this problem.

Try the following tips to access your child's account spending settings:

- Clear your browser's cookies and cache and try again.
    - Check if you have the same problems accessing that section from the "Xbox Family Settings" app for mobile devices.
    - Also try accessing the section of the website using another network, for example accessing via mobile data.

Let me know if this information or steps were useful to you, otherwise I will be attentive to continue helping you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. Georges C. Win User

I can't buy the game pass without asking permission. But there is no option to ask permission. What should I do?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Jacob, If your account is giving this warning when trying to purchase a subscription, it is because your account is a child or family account.

In order to give permission to the family organizer you have to follow the steps below.

To turn this feature off, follow these steps:

Sign in to your Family page with an adult Microsoft account. Family page settings.

Find the child's name and select More options > Spending.

Under the Ask to buy section, switch Needs organizer approval to buy things to Off."

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Money and time limits

Hi Pazlev, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

To adjust your child screen time you can use the App.

For the Console, please download the Family Settings App:

https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app

For PC, you can use the Microsoft Family Safety App:

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/family-safety

As for the account funds, please, temporalily turn off the Ask to buy option and ask your child to attempt the purchase again.

Sign in to your Family page with an adult Microsoft account.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Find the child's name and select More options > Spending.

Under the Ask to buy section, switch Needs organizer approval to buy things to Off.

I hope this helps.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Can’t spend existing account balance if parental approval required

Hi Matt, my name is Rodrigo.

I am sorry to hear that.

That's a security measure from the Parental Controls.

You can adjust it's setting by following these steps:

Sign in to the Microsoft Family Safety site with your account.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Under the member whose account you want to manage, select More options > Spending.

On this page, you can select the toggle switch under Credit cards for Require approval for every purchase.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/child-accounts/approve-child-purchases
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

1. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft family age restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family age restrictions?: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!...
  3. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  4. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  5. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  6. How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my Vbucks when bought through Microsoft family?: Hi, I was buying Vbucks for my younger sister on Xbox 8.99 for 1000 Vbucks. Because she is under parental control it needs to “ask permission” and then it’s sent on Microsoft family on my phone...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action: July 19, 2023, receive an email requesting consent for something in Microsoft Family Safety (email contained a lot of text, but no explanation as to why or how to get help). July 20, 2023,...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety error Algo no anda bien. No sabemos qué ha pasado, pero quizás...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error Algo no anda bien. No sabemos qué ha pasado, pero quizás...: Hello. My account is getting the following error: Algo no anda bien. No sabemos qué ha pasado, pero quizás debas actualizar la página o probar otra vez dentro de un rato. TraceId:...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  10. How can I connect my child's Nintendo Switch to the Microsoft family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I connect my child's Nintendo Switch to the Microsoft family safety?: My child has a Microsoft account so she can play minecraft with her siblings. Unfortunately, it says she in not able to play online unless I give permission for multi-player games. I can't figure...