Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I used to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox to be able to watch my friends streams on Discord, as the Xbox support for Discord still only includes voice calls... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Shan Barros, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Shan Barros
    Shan Barros Guest

I used to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox to be able to watch my friends streams on Discord, as the Xbox support for Discord still only includes voice calls and doesn't support streaming yet. However, I tried to open up Microsoft Edge today and logged into Discord, but as soon as I join my friend's call Microsoft Edge crashes to the home screen. I am able to switch between channels and send messages, but as soon as I join the channel where my friend is streaming, it crashes. This never used to be an issue. I am using Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series X. Does anybody have a solution?

:)

Shan Barros, Feb 8, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Shan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

4. Shan Barros Win User

Hi, unfortunately this didn't work. I tried a regular restart, hard restart, and a reset. It seems like something has changed on the Microsoft Edge side that is now breaking the Discord web page or vice versa.
  5. RichardAndrews-audin Win User

Not being able to connect to a server on discord on xbox

Also having the same issue, discord will connect in the edge browser, but the actual overlay/xbox intergration does not connect to a server, it simply sits there for about 10 seconds and then says "Sorry, Looks like you are disconnected. Try connecting Again"

We have tried unlinking and relinking the accounts, clearing all edge history and data and cache.

10 second power off (holding button)

10 seconds unplugged, plug console back in.

All with the same results.

Interesting enough discord does function in the edge browser, but if I switch out of the browser it stops communication (as designed).

Please Microsoft, FIX THIS!!

Thanks
  6. PhAnTom227 Win User

Microsoft Edge crashing

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Do you happen to have other apps running in the background as you are using Edge? If so, try closing any other apps running and let the Edge browser run on its own to see if the issue pops up again.

If the issue does persist, our next recommendation will be to
    uninstall and reinstall the app

Keep us posted!
    Well considering you can't uninstall edge explorer and I have no other apps running in the back round do you guys have a real fix for this it happens every 5 mins on my console I can't even have fb up before it crashes on me
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge console

2. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  3. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  4. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  5. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  6. My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge)

in XBoX on Windows
    My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge): My tabs keep sleeping and it is so annoying, i already tried to go into the settings but I can't fix it! 48cc26f7-217b-4687-9a21-350b16f9c910
  7. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  8. What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge: Tabs go to sleep way too fast c2bc1a55-6c68-4f39-bb76-9ff601b0ef67
  9. Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S: Hey there everyone! I just bought the Xbox series s and I wanted to use the Edge browser for some work. However my mouse cursor doesn't appear/work. I am also using a keyboard which seems to work...
  10. Can my Xbox Series S console get any virus from Microsoft edge?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can my Xbox Series S console get any virus from Microsoft edge?: I was browsing the Microsoft edge browser on my Xbox Series S console and accidentally clicked on a random site that could very likely contain dangerous viruses or malicious code. I should note...