Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar

Discus and support Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Im tryna record a song on an online piano site, but the audio from Edge is Muted! How do I fix this without turning on my microphone?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PhoenixWright72, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar

Im tryna record a song on an online piano site, but the audio from Edge is Muted!

How do I fix this without turning on my microphone?

:)

PhoenixWright72, Jul 1, 2021
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Gamebar not recording audio from web (works with any other app except chrome and edge)

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today JayJay22_342

This is normal buddy, I mean. Game bar blocks audio for Edge.

Probably this is to avoid DRM or copyright (you know, recording videos or movies watched on the browser)

The short answer is, game bar is working as expected. It doesn't record audio from browser

Hope it helps, greetings!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if played by Firefox

Thanks for the update
    I was trying to replicate your situation, it seems Edge using the game bar recording feature is working as expected

Probably is a functionality between Edge and Game Bar to avoid any DRM issues
  4. Kenobi_KG Win User

party chat echo windows 10 (xbox gamebar)

Hello, you have to go to the Xbox Game Bar settings (group chat), and set the correct audio output and audio input.

tell me if it works
  5. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Game Bar Capturing Audio Issues

Hello Lilliretta,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the Xbox Game Bar audio recording. I understand how frustrating that can be. Here are some possible steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Check if your Windows 10 is up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers or software can cause audio problems. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for updates.

- Make sure your microphone and headset are plugged in correctly and not muted. You can test your microphone and headset in the Xbox Game Bar settings by clicking on the gear icon and then on Audio.

- Adjust the audio mix settings in the Xbox Game Bar. You can change the volume levels of your microphone, system sounds, and party chat by clicking on the speaker icon and then on Audio mix.

- If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Game Bar app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and find Xbox Game Bar in the list. Click on it and then click Uninstall. Then, go to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar and install it again.

Please see: Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. JohnBurton123 Win User

Microsoft edge full screen xbox one stuck after update today

I know this is happening to me to but the Microsoft edge cursor shows up on my game screens and just sits there. And when i watch something on Microsoft edge and full screen and then i undo the full screen and the whole top search bar it gone
Thema:

Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar

1. Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge audio

2. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  3. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  4. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  5. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  6. My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge)

in XBoX on Windows
    My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge): My tabs keep sleeping and it is so annoying, i already tried to go into the settings but I can't fix it! 48cc26f7-217b-4687-9a21-350b16f9c910
  7. Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.: I used to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox to be able to watch my friends streams on Discord, as the Xbox support for Discord still only includes voice calls and doesn't support streaming yet. However,...
  8. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  9. What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    What happened to the sleeping tab settings in xbox Microsoft edge: Tabs go to sleep way too fast c2bc1a55-6c68-4f39-bb76-9ff601b0ef67
  10. Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse cursor not appearing on Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S: Hey there everyone! I just bought the Xbox series s and I wanted to use the Edge browser for some work. However my mouse cursor doesn't appear/work. I am also using a keyboard which seems to work...