Microsoft edge app constant crashing

Discus and support Microsoft edge app constant crashing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but i'm in the beta preview so i figured i'd ask here. What's up with the fairly constant... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/thomaseh03, Sep 6, 2024.

1. Microsoft edge app constant crashing

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but i'm in the beta preview so i figured i'd ask here. What's up with the fairly constant crashing in microsoft edge? I mostly just watch youtube videos on it since the ads are way shorter on edge than in the default youtube app (5-20 seconds in browser compared to 5-50+ in the youtube app), but edge sometimes crashes just by going fullscreen or switching tabs. This has happened probably 10 times or more in the last week. I have 6 tabs open, and i usually only use one or two after opening edge (and therfore only 1 or 2 are loaded at one time), but if i try to use any more, either the websites give an out of memory error (youtube mainly, it's happened 2 or 3 times) or the entire app crashes. This even happens when i only use one of the tabs after launching it, if i'm on it for a while and watching multiple different videos. It's like the app isn't clearing the RAM and just crashes when it maxes out. Which makes sense since it tends to get more laggy the longer it's open. I'm not sure if it's the same in the public build or not, but it definetly doesn’t seem right that my console (series X btw), which is easily twice as powerful as my PC, can't handle 10% of the web browsing i can do on my PC, like using 10+ tabs without them refreshing just by clicking another tab like it does on my xbox.

submitted by /u/thomaseh03
    [link] [comments]

/u/thomaseh03, Sep 6, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Microsoft edge app constant crashing