MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

Discus and support MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To the original topic of this thread, not sure if Mistur Niceguy will mind me reposting here, but if so, please delete this response. He answered in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KillerAC71, Mar 18, 2014.

  1. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?


    To the original topic of this thread, not sure if Mistur Niceguy will mind me reposting here, but if so, please delete this response. He answered in the 1404 preview forums, regarding this same "disc read noise" issue. Long story short, it has been determined
    that this repeated read is normal and software-related behavior which was rolled out in 1403. They are working on reducing or eliminating the noise from the data being read, but it doesn't indicate a failure of the hardware.
     
    Jaymo1978, Mar 21, 2014
    #31
  2. Thanks for the information, Jaymo!
     
    TheTerrorBeyond, Mar 21, 2014
    #32
  3. Thanks Jaymo, do you have any idea why this is only happening to a certain amount of consoles and not all if this suppose to be 'normal' software related behaviour after the update?
     
    KurtTheGreatRHG, Mar 21, 2014
    #33
  4. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Really don't know that info, no. I could venture any number of guesses, but probably shouldn't since I don't have intimate knowledge of the inner workings or of the software.
     
    Jaymo1978, Mar 21, 2014
    #34
  5. If you ever find out any more info please let us know as there's quite a few of us who are unsure whether to exchange our consoles. Thank you.
     
    KurtTheGreatRHG, Mar 22, 2014
    #35
  6. Hey, all. The developers did identify the issue based on the video that was posted that showed the sound being described. This seeking sound is a result of a known issue in the handling of game discs. This behavior is innocuous and does not indicate a physical
    problem with either the Blu-ray drive or the disc, nor does it affect gameplay or installation. There's work being done to reduce or eliminate the noise with a future update, but in the meantime there isn't anything physically wrong with your hardware when
    you hear this sound.
     
    mistur niceguy, Mar 22, 2014
    #36
  7. Mac 7God
    Mac 7God Guest
    Yea my X1 had been working great up until the March update. When I switch between games example takeout 2k14 and put Titanfall in it tells me it can't read the disc and or it must be dirty which isn't the case. I have to unplug the console each time to
    play a different game. That doesn't make any sense at all. This is frustrating
     
    Mac 7God, Mar 22, 2014
    #37
  8. KillerAC71
    KillerAC71 Guest

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Thanks for the answer mistur niceguy, it's good to know that it's innocuous and not destructive, and also that work is been done to minimise the effect. Thanks for keeping up updated.
     
    KillerAC71, Mar 23, 2014
    #38
  9. Thanks again for the update mistur niceguy. I am still a bit paranoid though, being on my third console now and having these new noises. Is it possible to ask the developers why this is only happening to a certain amount of consoles and not everyone if it
    is a software issue?
     
    KurtTheGreatRHG, Mar 25, 2014
    #39
  10. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest
    Good news. I can confirm after applying the new preview 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140331-2200) I am no longer hearing the seeking sounds and the issue appears to now be fixed.

    So for anyone who doesn't get the beta updates you should be fine when the April update rolls out soon.

    Thanks again to everyone who has helped report this issue over the last month.
     
    Huggs1, Apr 3, 2014
    #40
  11. EdragonXX
    EdragonXX Guest
    Congratz Huggs1 if your problem is fixed. But other users (inlcudign those who have 1404 update) is still have that sort of problem.
     
    EdragonXX, Oct 31, 2018
    #41
  12. KillerAC71 Win User

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Thanks for the answer mistur niceguy, it's good to know that it's innocuous and not destructive, and also that work is been done to minimise the effect. Thanks for keeping up updated.
  13. Mac 7God Win User

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Yea my X1 had been working great up until the March update. When I switch between games example takeout 2k14 and put Titanfall in it tells me it can't read the disc and or it must be dirty which isn't the case. I have to unplug the console each time to
    play a different game. That doesn't make any sense at all. This is frustrating
  14. KurtTheGreatRHG Win User

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Thanks Jaymo, do you have any idea why this is only happening to a certain amount of consoles and not all if this suppose to be 'normal' software related behaviour after the update?
  15. Jaymo1978 Win User

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    To the original topic of this thread, not sure if Mistur Niceguy will mind me reposting here, but if so, please delete this response. He answered in the 1404 preview forums, regarding this same "disc read noise" issue. Long story short, it has been determined
    that this repeated read is normal and software-related behavior which was rolled out in 1403. They are working on reducing or eliminating the noise from the data being read, but it doesn't indicate a failure of the hardware.
  16. TheTerrorBeyond Win User

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    I seem to have resolved the issue be removing and reinstalling my profile.

    Go to the dashboard.

    Select Settings.

    Select Sign-in, Security, & Passkey.

    Select Remove me from this Xbox.

    Restart the console.

    Log in with your email and password.

    This will re-install your profile

    I have tried multiple discs since doing this and the problem has not reoccured.
Thema:

MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

Loading...
  1. MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening? - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT DVD drive

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...

    in XboX Insiders
    The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...: Hey Team Xbox, As a dedicated player who loves using Dev Mode and creator features, I would really appreciate it if the team could consider opening up more RAM access for developers and creators....
  6. How to find Microsoft Flight Simulator DVD Installation-Software Launcher in Windows 11

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to find Microsoft Flight Simulator DVD Installation-Software Launcher in Windows 11: Hello Folks, I am writing this post for all those who have run the DVD installation procedure and accidentally lost the mystic "software launcher". Brief explanation: After I had installed all...
  7. Microsoft flight sim 2020 dvd edition

    in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft flight sim 2020 dvd edition: Hi hope some one can help, i have installed the disc contents to my d drive and entered the activation code, the Microsoft store says that i own the game and the install tab is there, i click the...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD Edition - mass of DVD read errors

    in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD Edition - mass of DVD read errors: Hello, I bought today the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD Edition in German "Saturn" Store. I started with the first DVD and got the first read error. I fo forward with...
  9. Hry na DVD a DLC z Microsoft Store [Translation - Games on DVD and DLC from the Microsoft...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hry na DVD a DLC z Microsoft Store [Translation - Games on DVD and DLC from the Microsoft...: Dobrý deň Keď si kúpim hru na XBOX ONE z nejakého obchodu vo fyzickej forme a hra obsahuje nejaké DLC alebo Season Pass alebo nejaké iné prídavky do hry, a ja si kúpim základnú hru bez DLC,......
  10. Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable: Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a genuine Microsoft micro USB cable for my HD DVD drive? I could just get a cheap replacement but would like to get my hands...