MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

Discus and support MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thanks for responding mistur niceguy. Yes, I can confirm your description of the issue. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KillerAC71, Mar 18, 2014.

  1. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?


    Thanks for responding mistur niceguy. Yes, I can confirm your description of the issue.
     
    Huggs1, Mar 19, 2014
    #16
  2. The same issue for me, I confirm. It's like xbox one is trying to fetch some date from disc, and as long as I understand, that the game is mainly on hdd, then it's some kind of license check or what? And I can confirm that I haven't spotted the same sound
    when I bought the console.
     
    ChickenSumo2115, Mar 20, 2014
    #17
  3. Hi there everyone, I have the same exact issue and have been in conact with the advocacy team. I received my third console and was hoping I would finally have a working one and everything seemed fine until I heard this disc noise for 15 seconds. I asked
    the advocacy team whether this is scratching my discs and if anyone else has this issue but they are unaware of this. After finding this forum and seeing other people have this issue, I am hoping that this is a software problem and not a hardware one. I have
    requested that the technicians are informed of this issue.

    My concern is that my friends do not have this noise on their xbox and my friend received a new replacement and didn't have the noise. So why are we getting this noise for 15 seconds? I have uploaded a video here of the noise: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUWO_Ptd0
     
    KurtTheGreatRHG, Mar 20, 2014
    #18
  4. J RicH 777
    J RicH 777 Guest

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Okay back again... no ugly sound that others have been reporting, but I've noticed after long press of power button disc is read and runs perfectly fine. When I go to change discs I press eject once. It then ejects disc and immediately pulls the disc back
    in. No message will pop up sayingdisc is dirty or damaged, but it will still say insert disc in the lower right box. I press eject and it ejects normal. Put disc back in and that's when the message pops up saying it's dirty or damaged. Then have to press power
    button for reset or full power off and it will run the next disc fine until I eject and it pulls disc back on its own.
     
    J RicH 777, Mar 20, 2014
    #19
  5. Sorry got the link wrong in my post, don't know how to edit it. Here's the correct link below:



    I am not sure whether to do another exchange or not but if this is a software update then maybe I should wait?
     
    KurtTheGreatRHG, Mar 20, 2014
    #20
  6. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest
    @ KurtTheGreatRHG

    Exact same sound as the one we're all having buddy, the fact it's only just started happening for us all in the past few weeks and not before, I tend to think it's a software related issue after the March update.

    I went ahead and got my console replaced by my retailer and after the initial setup my brand new console made the same disc seek noise straight away after installing one of my games. I would hold off getting a replacement for now incase a replacement does
    the same thing. Though clearly not happening to all Xbox One's, it seems to be affecting a decent % judged on the threads on here and I'm sure there are plenty out there who either haven't realised their console does the same thing or haven't used the forums
    to report it.



     
    Huggs1, Mar 20, 2014
    #21
  7. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest
    @ J Rich

    Sounds like you are having a different issue to the rest of us in this thread. Perhaps you should create a different thread to get better feedback?
     
    Huggs1, Mar 20, 2014
    #22
  8. geraniumkiss
    geraniumkiss Guest

    MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    My Xbox One has also been having issues with reading discs. Ever since the march update, any time I switch discs I get error code (0x21) saying that my disc is dirty or damaged. The only way I am able to get the system to read the disc is to do a hard reset,
    which includes unplugging the system. On top of that, anytime I switch discs I have to do the same reset, and I am unable to even play the same game after turning the console off via its regular sleep mode.
     
    geraniumkiss, Mar 20, 2014
    #23
  9. J RicH 777
    J RicH 777 Guest
    @kobe

    Yes this is the issue! I'm having the exact same problem. It's getting awfully annoying!
     
    J RicH 777, Mar 20, 2014
    #24
  10. KillerAC71
    KillerAC71 Guest
    Kobe & Rich,

    As Hugs says, if you want a solution to your problem you may be better off looking for another more appropriate thread or starting one of your own to cover your respective problems.

    This thread is an attempt to work with Microsoft to get to the bottom of a very specific issue, that of repeated disk reads occurring 30 seconds to a minute after a game disk has been inserted and lasting for about 15 seconds. With this issue the Xbox does
    not report any kind of disk error nor does it cause a problem with eject or retraction of the disk.

    I'm sorry you are experiencing the issues you describe, and I know how frustrating it can be to have any kind of fault on our beloved consoles, but in order to maintain the focus of this thread, please could you restrict your comments here to the issue
    as described above.
     
    KillerAC71, Mar 20, 2014
    #25
  11. I seem to have resolved the issue be removing and reinstalling my profile.

    1. Go to the dashboard.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Sign-in, Security, & Passkey.
    4. Select Remove me from this Xbox.
    5. Restart the console.
    6. Log in with your email and password.
    This will re-install your profile

    I have tried multiple discs since doing this and the problem has not reoccured.
     
    TheTerrorBeyond, Mar 20, 2014
    #26
  12. Bad Poyo
    Bad Poyo Guest
    I had the beta for the update but every since the update my XBOX ONE won't read discs right. When I eject it from console it swallows it back in and then I have to press eject again to get it out. It keeps making all these noises and saying my disc is dirty
    even though sometimes it reads it just fine. it seems like the only way to play games is to turn off the system and unplug the console from the power cord. It's weird because this is a day one console and I had no problems at all before this march update.
     
    Bad Poyo, Mar 20, 2014
    #27
  13. MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

    Hey guys. For the issues related to the current update preview, please post in the preview forums. The additional items reported in this thread are being investigated by the developers for the preview. Thanks!
     
    mistur niceguy, Mar 20, 2014
    #28
  14. Bad Poyo: I had the same issue and resolved it with the steps I listed above. It worked for me, so it can't hurt to give it a shot.
     
    TheTerrorBeyond, Mar 21, 2014
    #29
  15. I seem to have resolved the issue be removing and reinstalling my profile.

    Go to the dashboard.

    Select Settings.

    Select Sign-in, Security, & Passkey.

    Select Remove me from this Xbox.

    Restart the console.

    Log in with your email and password.

    This will re-install your profile

    I have tried multiple discs since doing this and the problem has not reoccured.
     
    TheTerrorBeyond, Mar 21, 2014
    #30
Thema:

MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening?

Loading...
  1. MICROSOFT? - DVD drive noises after march update - what's happening? - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT DVD drive

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...

    in XboX Insiders
    The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...: Hey Team Xbox, As a dedicated player who loves using Dev Mode and creator features, I would really appreciate it if the team could consider opening up more RAM access for developers and creators....
  6. How to find Microsoft Flight Simulator DVD Installation-Software Launcher in Windows 11

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to find Microsoft Flight Simulator DVD Installation-Software Launcher in Windows 11: Hello Folks, I am writing this post for all those who have run the DVD installation procedure and accidentally lost the mystic "software launcher". Brief explanation: After I had installed all...
  7. Microsoft flight sim 2020 dvd edition

    in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft flight sim 2020 dvd edition: Hi hope some one can help, i have installed the disc contents to my d drive and entered the activation code, the Microsoft store says that i own the game and the install tab is there, i click the...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD Edition - mass of DVD read errors

    in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD Edition - mass of DVD read errors: Hello, I bought today the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe DVD Edition in German "Saturn" Store. I started with the first DVD and got the first read error. I fo forward with...
  9. Hry na DVD a DLC z Microsoft Store [Translation - Games on DVD and DLC from the Microsoft...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hry na DVD a DLC z Microsoft Store [Translation - Games on DVD and DLC from the Microsoft...: Dobrý deň Keď si kúpim hru na XBOX ONE z nejakého obchodu vo fyzickej forme a hra obsahuje nejaké DLC alebo Season Pass alebo nejaké iné prídavky do hry, a ja si kúpim základnú hru bez DLC,......
  10. Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable: Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a genuine Microsoft micro USB cable for my HD DVD drive? I could just get a cheap replacement but would like to get my hands...