Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please

Discus and support Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft should consider implementing an option for Xbox users to disable the on-screen keyboard. As an Xbox user, it can be quite frustrating having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 2gt, Sep 18, 2023.

1. 2gt
    2gt Guest

Microsoft should consider implementing an option for Xbox users to disable the on-screen keyboard. As an Xbox user, it can be quite frustrating having to repeatedly press the Windows key + Esc key every time I want to type something. This feature would greatly enhance the user experience and make navigation on the Xbox more seamless.

:)

2. imzesok Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today. You can start by disabling the Steam virtual keyboard. - Open your Steam window and go to View > Settings > Controller > Desktop Configuration. By doing so, a window displaying your controller will open. - Select the box displaying the various Arrow Keys in the bottom left corner. - It will display a few settings. Click Show Keyboard under the Click Action settings on the right. - This will open up a keyboard and mouse with many possible bindings. - Under the keyboard display, click the Remove button and OK to exit the settings. For more details on the above, kindly visit: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/xbox...w Keyboard under the,OK to exit the settings. If the above does not resolve your issue, your recommendation will be taken into consideration. I hope this helps resolve your query.
    None of what you wrote here, is remotely relevant. Re-read the OPs post, and try again.

They are an Xbox user, not a Desktop user. They are using a mouse and keyboard to do their browsing. They wish to DISABLE THE ON SCREEN KEYBOARD. Why? Because it pops up in front of what you're trying to type, and covers up a lot of the screen, and not needed in this scenario. OSKs are obnoxious, and only useful in a controller only use case (it's honestly much too big anyways even on the smaller setting). I think a large portion of the xbox community would love it if we had the option to disable it completely while a physical keyboard is plugged in. Unfortunately they've posted this wonderful suggestion on a help forum, rather than the xbox insider feedback hub app (which is really where it belongs.). Since it's highly doubtful that anyone actually from MS will see it much less pass the suggestion along to proper channels, the thread might as well be locked as it's not so much a question as it is a suggested feature request.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

You can start by disabling the Steam virtual keyboard.
    - Open your Steam window and go to View > Settings > Controller > Desktop Configuration. By doing so, a window displaying your controller will open.
    - Select the box displaying the various Arrow Keys in the bottom left corner.
    - It will display a few settings. Click Show Keyboard under the Click Action settings on the right.
    - This will open up a keyboard and mouse with many possible bindings.
    - Under the keyboard display, click the Remove button and OK to exit the settings.

For more details on the above, kindly visit: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/xbox...w Keyboard under the,OK to exit the settings.

If the above does not resolve your issue, your recommendation will be taken into consideration.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Disabling Razer "Wolverine" XBox 1 Controller's "ON SCREEN" keyboard for Windows 11 PCs

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Dannyboy7702

Just to confirm, do you want to disable the On Screen keyboard in your Xbox console?

If that's the case, sorry to say but unfortunately on screen keyboard can't be disabled right now.

If I misunderstood your concern, please let me know or attach a picture of the issue
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this FunnierCrane586

Unfortunately right now there is no way to disable the virtual keyboard right now :c

But you can suggest this idea / feature here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

If more people vote your idea, can be considered or implemented in a future Xbox update
  6. NeumaticEarth Win User

XBox One On screen keyboard disable

Hi paullong3,

No, currently there is no way to disable the on-screen keyboard for Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please - Similar Threads - Microsoft consider implementing

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  7. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  8. Is there a way to earn the Px microsoft rewards on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to earn the Px microsoft rewards on xbox?: I can do all of the other rewards but dont own a PC eeed7e03-a016-4a10-90eb-569bebfa9e7f
  9. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  10. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...