Microsoft chat headset mic only works in parties

Discus and support Microsoft chat headset mic only works in parties in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so, my question is How do I get my headset mic to work In general chat? I have the Microsoft headset and an Xbox one, I can hear everyone (party or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BeerandBrat, Apr 11, 2016.

1. BeerandBrat
    BeerandBrat Guest

so, my question is How do I get my headset mic to work In general chat?

I have the Microsoft headset and an Xbox one, I can hear everyone (party or general) and the game. However, I can not use the mic. The mic only works in parties. I will try to post everything I think is relevant or I have tried.

network settings (Xbox one)

• Nat open
    • 80 Mbps down
    • 10 Mbps up
    • multiparty test no errors
    • all appears fine
    I have tried all other support ideas resetting, unplugging all devices.

I use an AirPort Extreme (latest hardware and software is up to date)

i am pretty sure this is a network problem so Microsoft will not help. I am looking for any help, someone else has to have this problem.

I will include pictures of setting later today.

:)

BeerandBrat, Apr 11, 2016
  2. BigMac65
    BigMac65 Guest
    Help

My headset was working for both game sound and party chat now not working for game sound and only shows settings for party chat

BigMac65, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

Same problem here. I've tried my Logitech wireless headset as well as a USB headset. Both work fine in Windows apps, but no mic on Xbox Streaming for game chat, voice messages, or parties. It does seem to work in the Xbox app Parties though.

I have the beta app v11.11.3013.

Jason Lochhead, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Arrowen Win User

Microphone problems with Xbox One Party

I'm actually having the same problem since the update. Party chat, both in game (Neverwinter) and Xbox's Party Chat app, disconnect my mic on my headset. The headset and mic both work in party chat before someone joins but as soon as someone connects with
    me they hear me for only a second and then it disconnects my mic. It's not muted. It works fine in Skype. I've tried partying with different users. I've tried updating the controller and headset adapter but no updates available. I've tried different controllers.
    I've tried different headsets as well and the only headset that will work is the crappy one that came with the Xbox. I've hard reset the console. I've gone into every setting imaginable and still no go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
  5. Bert1967 Win User

Kinnect in game chat on crossplay

It works fine with a headset its only when your in game chat rather than a party chat whoever is using the Kinnect cannot be heard by the others on cross platform but mic and headset no work problems. My friend has the Kinnect but no headset there in lies
    the problems.
  6. Arrowen Win User

Turtle Beach headset issue in Party Chat

I'm actually having the same problem since the update. Party chat, both in game (Neverwinter) and Xbox's Party Chat app, disconnects the mic on my headset. The headset and mic both work in party chat before someone joins but as soon as someone connects with
    me they hear me for only a second and then it disconnects my mic. I've hosted the party, I've had others host the party, makes no difference. It's not muted. It works fine in Skype. I've tried partying with different users. I've tried updating the controller
    and headset adapter but no updates available. I've tried different controllers. I've tried different headsets as well and the only headset that will work is the crappy one that came with the Xbox. I've hard reset the console. I've booted it up with headset
    already plugged in then signed in w/controller (instead of kinect) then loaded into my game and still same issue. I've gone into every setting imaginable and still no go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
  7. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Does anyone know if Tritton Warheads 7.1's will work on an Xbox one?

[quote user="InitiateTwo"]Microsoft are releasing an adaptor[/quote]They are working on a
    wired adapter from the controller to conventional cabled headsets. The controller handles the communication to and from the console. The headsets handle mixing the chat audio with the game audio.

The Warhead does not use a cable. The Warhead's base station pairs with the 360 console, same as Microsoft's first party wireless chat mics do. It is the
    only third party headset that does this. Microsoft is not working on an Xbox One to 360 wireless protocol converter.
    Seems silly not to buy the console of choice in favour of your headset when an adapter will be available?
    The
    Warhead is unique in its fully wireless operation. There will be no adapter for it.

If you throw away $300 on a headset designed to work with a single product (Warhead's mic doesn't work with PC or PS3), then you shouldn't have a problem buying another one that's Xbox One-specific.
Thema:

1. Microsoft chat headset mic only works in parties - Similar Threads - Microsoft chat headset

2. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  3. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work: Hello guys. I just bought a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset as you are aware already , on ear left cup is a control for chat/game balance mix ... which for xbox console is working perfectly but...
  4. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in: As the subject states - Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when my headset is plugged in. I didn't have any issue with it operating functionally up until about 2 weeks ago. I've...
  5. Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!: I have had my Xbox Series X and Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headphones for 2 days. Have had issues with the headphones not playing audio since the beginning. Today I noticed that the chat mixer is all...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC...: Hi guys, just like the title says, I'm having trouble with the volume control ring between chat and PC play. My headphones are connected to the PC via an Xbox adapter. Started the game, sound...
  7. Microsoft Mono Chat Headset Question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Mono Chat Headset Question: Hi All, Picked up the Microsoft brand chat headset, and when I plug it in I see the headset icon on the screen and it looks like it works but I don't hear any game audio in the headset and when I...
  8. Microsoft Xbox One Chat Headset Microphone Stops Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Chat Headset Microphone Stops Working: Hello, This summer we have had 3 Microsoft Xbox One chat headset microphones stop working and 1 Microsoft Xbox One Stereo headset microphone stop working. I have tried multiple Xbox One...
  9. What is the Microsoft warranty for the Xbox One Chat Headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the Microsoft warranty for the Xbox One Chat Headset?: This is my son's 2nd headset in 3 years and it is now not working. Purchased it a little under a year ago from retail store, along with an extended warranty. They are telling me to contact MS...
  10. Wireless Chat Headset, where is it Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Chat Headset, where is it Microsoft?: Seriously Microsoft, the Xbox One is over three years old now, where is the much requested wireless chat headset? It was a feature of the Xbox 360. Are we supposed to be happy with the backwards...