Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

Discus and support Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please create a new thread to assist you better. DO not revive old threads. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Haydanmeister, Jan 14, 2014.

  1. MajorIris
    MajorIris Guest

    Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program


    Please create a new thread to assist you better.

    DO not revive old threads.
     
    MajorIris, Apr 26, 2014
    #16
  2. G1NGERVIT1S
    G1NGERVIT1S Guest
    I too am in a similar predicament. After hours of troubleshooting online with a representative, they deemed it was necessary for me to send the xbox one in for repair. I was kind of upset that it would take 14 days so they offered the advanced exchange option
    telling me I would receive a "new" xbox one. I quickly agreed but after talking with the representative I found out that it was going to be used. After a couple of more hours online with the representative and her manager I finally caved and told them to ship
    me the refurb.

    Then after leaving the xbox one unplugged for over 12 hours it miraculously started working again. I called that day to cancel the service order and I was informed that the refurb was already on its way to being shipped. I was informed to send the refurb
    back and I would not be charged so I declined the package from fed ex.

    19 days after the console was delivered back to Redmond, WA, I recieved a $424 charge from them for the console.

    At first they wanted to claim that I had received the xbox one and that I had not sent one back. After telling the guy to enter my tracking number into FedEx's website, and not use whatever system they use to track their service information, they guy was
    on board with me and said that they would refund me. I was told it would take 14 days. I was very upset that their mistake had caused me to miss out on some of my vacation that I had been on out of the country (I was using the hotel receptionists phone) so
    I asked to speak with a manager. They guy told me I could not speak with a manager, but after relaying to him how much of an inconvenience they have caused me he put me on hold without saying a word.

    After about ten minutes on hold with no way of knowing if anyone would ever pick up the phone I again, I was finally able to speak with a manager. His reason for the charge was that the process had been broken by sending back the same console. I told him
    this was unacceptable because they had the console 19 days prior to the charge, but he insisted nothing could be done.

    Finally, I recieved an email telling me that the funds would be refunded but it would take up to 30 days.

    Needless to say, unless I can get some help here, I am going to Playstation and Linux or Apple and I will never look back. This whole situation has made me lose my faith in Microsoft and makes me realize that have worse customer service than Comcast.
     
    G1NGERVIT1S, Mar 3, 2015
    #17
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there G1NGERVIT1S!

    I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issue. I definitely understand your frustrations, but you will need to keep working with phone support on the matter. Since this thread is older, please be sure to post a new thread here if you ever need assistance.
    Thanks!
     
    Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
    #18
  4. G1NGERVIT1S Win User

    Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

    I too am in a similar predicament. After hours of troubleshooting online with a representative, they deemed it was necessary for me to send the xbox one in for repair. I was kind of upset that it would take 14 days so they offered the advanced exchange option
    telling me I would receive a "new" xbox one. I quickly agreed but after talking with the representative I found out that it was going to be used. After a couple of more hours online with the representative and her manager I finally caved and told them to ship
    me the refurb.

    Then after leaving the xbox one unplugged for over 12 hours it miraculously started working again. I called that day to cancel the service order and I was informed that the refurb was already on its way to being shipped. I was informed to send the refurb
    back and I would not be charged so I declined the package from fed ex.

    19 days after the console was delivered back to Redmond, WA, I recieved a $424 charge from them for the console.

    At first they wanted to claim that I had received the xbox one and that I had not sent one back. After telling the guy to enter my tracking number into FedEx's website, and not use whatever system they use to track their service information, they guy was
    on board with me and said that they would refund me. I was told it would take 14 days. I was very upset that their mistake had caused me to miss out on some of my vacation that I had been on out of the country (I was using the hotel receptionists phone) so
    I asked to speak with a manager. They guy told me I could not speak with a manager, but after relaying to him how much of an inconvenience they have caused me he put me on hold without saying a word.

    After about ten minutes on hold with no way of knowing if anyone would ever pick up the phone I again, I was finally able to speak with a manager. His reason for the charge was that the process had been broken by sending back the same console. I told him
    this was unacceptable because they had the console 19 days prior to the charge, but he insisted nothing could be done.

    Finally, I recieved an email telling me that the funds would be refunded but it would take up to 30 days.

    Needless to say, unless I can get some help here, I am going to Playstation and Linux or Apple and I will never look back. This whole situation has made me lose my faith in Microsoft and makes me realize that have worse customer service than Comcast.
  5. seamas11 Win User

    Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

    I've had a similar problem as others in this thread. Basically I shipped back an Advanced Exchange Xbox One Console and now they're saying they still can't find it - 3 months later. So they're charging my credit card for the console. I don't have the
    tracking number, but can't they just look it up from the pre-paid shipping label? Has anyone had any recourse with this problem. I know we can cancel the credit card and block the charge, but then I'm assuming Microsoft will just send this charge to collections
    and our credit will get ***...
  6. MajorIris Win User

    Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

    Please create a new thread to assist you better.

    DO not revive old threads.
  7. Haydanmeister Win User

    Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

    Update… got an email from MS today saying that they did receive the console and they're issuing me a refund, but it will take 1-2 billing cycles. What? In my mind, a billing cycle is monthly. But that better not be what he's referring to.

    No apology whatsoever. Just a canned notification that I'm getting a refund in a completely undefined amount of time. Regardless, I'm happy that the refund is on its way.

    But just a warning to anyone out that might be offered the Advanced Exchange option for a defective console… PLEASE do not use a debit card. Use only a credit card where you have more flexibility to contest and reverse bogus transactions. And I recommend,
    because of this experience, to ONLY use prepaid cards for xbox live and not allow a credit or debit card to be attached to your account.

    Have a good day!
  8. iNb4 Ownage Win User

    Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

    Hi again Haydanmeister. :) I apologize that I didn't make myself clear to you on the first post, but if you noticed, I bolded "You're responsible for sending the non-working product" I didn't mean that you didn't send it back in time. You sent them back
    the console that they sent you, not the non-working console which was the one you where suppose to send back. There was no need to do any "math" but thanks for trying. :)
Thema:

Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program

Loading...
  1. Microsoft and their Advanced Exchange program - Similar Threads - Microsoft Advanced Exchange

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...

    in XboX Insiders
    The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...: Hey Team Xbox, As a dedicated player who loves using Dev Mode and creator features, I would really appreciate it if the team could consider opening up more RAM access for developers and creators....
  6. Microsoft Store (international gifts)

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store (international gifts): They should improve and simplify the GIFT system. Paying for a game as a gift for a friend should be straightforward and without major complications. However, despite indicating the friend to be...
  7. Microsoft store update when scrolling ❕️Fixed❕️

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft store update when scrolling ❕️Fixed❕️: The line when scrolling is gone on the microsoft store it was a line in the middle of all the titles when you scroll down up and side to side it was a visual effect in short term. submitted by...
  8. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  9. Xbox update issues regarding Microsoft store

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update issues regarding Microsoft store: I recently booted up my Xbox after a month of not using it and it auto updated now I can't download games through the Ms store due to the store not loading completely I've tried resets I've tried...
  10. Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge

    in XboX Insiders
    Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge: I noticed that some of my friends have the badge on their profiles. I remember joining the preview and checking it periodically, but it hasn’t appeared on my profile yet. Has this happened to...