Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost

Discus and support Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The changes in power is all software-based and chosen by the developers for each of their games - you will not need to buy a new console or take any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by N7 Gh0stz, May 13, 2014.

  1. Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost


    The changes in power is all software-based and chosen by the developers for each of their games - you will not need to buy a new console or take any actual steps yourself. It will all be done in the background of the console. If you play a game that uses
    the Kinect, the resources will likely go to that. If you play a game that doesn't require it, the resources will likely go to smoother, faster, and better looking gameplay - that's all there is to it.

    Try not to over-complicate a simple issue guys. Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, May 14, 2014
    #16
  2. Kinectless XO vs Kinected XO. Let the war begin. Maybe I better get mine traded in, and pre-ordered now.
     
    DocHolliday 7, May 14, 2014
    #17
  3. He got it right except for one thing. It wont make a bit of difference. Instead of a game being 900p it'll now be 905p. That "extra power" isn't going to amount to a hill of beans.
     
    total ownership, May 14, 2014
    #18
  4. Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost

    I think it'll amount to more than a "hill of beans" but I have to agree with you for the most part total - it's not going to be really noticeable (less stuttering of frame-rate, for example).
     
    Galactic Geek, May 14, 2014
    #19
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    ^^ Yes he did. It will be the same for all of us.
     
    brandiesel1, May 14, 2014
    #20
  6. GreyMittens
    GreyMittens Guest
    I thought that the kinectless xbox ones would have more jigabits on their video card and faster megahurtz on memory since the kinect previously stole them from the cpu.
     
    GreyMittens, May 14, 2014
    #21
  7. PMathan
    PMathan Guest
    and the 1080p thing is unrelated to Kinect, its an optimisation issue which will be fixed by making better use of the ESRAM.
     
    PMathan, May 14, 2014
    #22
  8. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest

    Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost

    If you give more gpu time to the game and take away from the kinect. What happens when you buy a kinectless sku but then plug a kinect in?
     
    f00xm4n, May 14, 2014
    #23
  9. lol better use of the ESRAM?

    No ESRAM is the design flaw, The use of DDr3 on the 128bit bus demands the timming of EDRAM hardware, ESRAM was the cheaper soultion. However unlike EDRAM, ESRAM needs to sync with the DDR3 at the same time.

    Back at spec reveal MS got called out for adding bandwidths, You cannot add banwidths of 2 diffrent ram sizes on 2 diffrent size buses unless they complement eacother.

    EDRAM would have been harder to code for the the perfomance would have not been offset by xbox ones 128 bit DDr3 bus.

    Because some grpahics data has to be stored on the 128 bit bus ddr3, it has to sync with the ESRAM holding it back. They wont ever find a way to fit all the modern day rendering tecniqes onto 32mb of eram, even if its read and write. RAM needs bandwith and
    a sizalbe cache for textures and the like, ESRAM is only good for bandwidth, and can supply low latancy, However GPU's do not benfit from that latency at all.

    ESRAM was a cost saving measure by MS, as it was not known how much GDDR5 prices were going to be. Its good that it has it, but it isnt something to write home about giving the memeroy sub system is a bottlenecked mess.
     
    LocatingMist55, May 14, 2014
    #24
  10. You guys still don't seem to understand. Nothing will be "taken away" while the Kinect is plugged in; only when it's being used or when a game developer decides it's not needed for their game will the resources be "moved" to & from the Kinect.
     
    Galactic Geek, May 14, 2014
    #25
  11. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    dont worry GG i know what it all means. if one game uses kinect and the other doesnt then the game that doesnt use kinect can benifit from the extra boost
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 14, 2014
    #26
  12. Rico 2000
    Rico 2000 Guest
    Couldn't have put it better myself
     
    Rico 2000, May 15, 2014
    #27
  13. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

    Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost

    The Xbox that is coming without the Kinect is just that, an Xbox One without a Kinect. It will be the same console you have, sans the Kinect.

    The 10% GPU that is spreading across news sites like fire right now is being misquoted (as it usually seems to be for most things involving Xbox). This 10% GPU reserve would be disabled specifically for certain games (so it is up to the developer, not the
    user), which would only remove tracking and biometric data. For example, Titanfall does not use the Kinect in any vein, so it could (in the future), gain some slight performance increases because it wasn't using Kinect in the first place. Using voice, such
    as Xbox go to/Snap plus auto sign in wouldn't go away, as those are based off of the system processes (and dedicated audio processors).
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 15, 2014
    #28
  14. Lord Dirt
    Lord Dirt Guest
    So now the K2 supporters get weaker games, servers them right!

    I know it isn't true but I have to keep the fire going, lol
     
    Lord Dirt, May 15, 2014
    #29
  15. tplarkin7
    tplarkin7 Guest
    Who cares about 10% more power when there's no games?
     
    tplarkin7, May 15, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost

Loading...
  1. Microsoft and publishers talking Kinect-less Xbox One performance boost - Similar Threads - Microsoft publishers talking

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...

    in XboX Insiders
    The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...: Hey Team Xbox, As a dedicated player who loves using Dev Mode and creator features, I would really appreciate it if the team could consider opening up more RAM access for developers and creators....
  6. Used Minecraft's Steve in scientific research; seeking Microsoft license before publish.

    in XBoX on Windows
    Used Minecraft's Steve in scientific research; seeking Microsoft license before publish.: I am a researcher and a devoted Minecraft player. I wish to use the image of Steve (my favorite character from Minecraft) in my scientific research, which is about to be published in Nature...
  7. I cant install publisher from my microsoft office 2003 disc

    in XBoX on Windows
    I cant install publisher from my microsoft office 2003 disc: I cant install publisher from my microsoft office 2003 disc. 554765ab-e75b-4269-82d2-a94ca9d4a800
  8. Publish Microsoft Solitaire game on Youtube - Copyright

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Publish Microsoft Solitaire game on Youtube - Copyright: Hi everyone, I love Microsoft Solitaire and I want to publish current and future games on Youtube. How can I contact Microsoft Solitaire Developers to ask for publishing Microsoft Solitaire...
  9. How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Microsoft Store?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Microsoft Store?: Like what are the steps I gotta take in order to do this. e0f3fb8f-fa29-4b2f-86e1-1199ae92fb5d
  10. Microsoft should publish Shenmue III.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should publish Shenmue III.: What Shenmue did right was immerse you in a world, making you forget you were sitting on a couch. You felt like you had actually visited Japan, and Hong Kong. Think of Shenmue as the original...