Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email.

Discus and support Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account was previously under a different email, but I changed it several years ago. Even though the old email doesn't appear anywhere on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by McKay Jones, May 18, 2023.

1. McKay Jones
    McKay Jones Guest

My account was previously under a different email, but I changed it several years ago. Even though the old email doesn't appear anywhere on the account, it is still receiving account updates.

:)

McKay Jones, May 18, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey McKay!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help. If I may ask, is your old email address, the primary email address on your Microsoft account?

Kindly confirm if your old email address is still set as primary or secondary email on your Microsoft account by signing on account.microsoft.com > go to Your Info > then Manage how you sign in.

Note: If your old email address is the original primary email address on your Microsoft account, I highly DO NOT recommend you to remove your primary email address from your Microsoft account as it will potentially delete your files, saved data and progress.
  3. John P_14 Win User

I bought minecraft with a microsoft account so do i need to verify this?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you purchased Minecraft with a Microsoft account and are being asked to verify your account, you may need to provide additional information to prove that you are the owner of the account. This can be in the form of a verification code sent to your email or phone number, or by providing additional account details such as your security questions, birthdate, or credit card information.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Game dissapeared from my account?

Hello, Harold.

Thanks for the additional information.

If you have the confirmation email that Mojang sent about the migration process in the Microsoft account you want to use to purchase the game, and you have the email sent from Mojang about the Minecraft purchase. I encourage you to reach Microsoft support with this information and review the options you may have regarding this matter.
  5. Arminator Win User

I can't change my email associated with my account

If you used a third party email (like Gmail, or Yahoo, or your own domain) instead of a Microsoft Email (like "Outlook.com", Hotmail, or Live.com), then you don't need access to that email, unless there is a code being sent to for verification.

When you use the Microsoft Account with a third party email, it creates a Microsoft Account with a username that "looks like" the email address you're using, but has nothing to do with the email.

So if you still have the password for that Microsoft Account (not the email account), you should be able to sign into that account.
  6. MattSTKC Win User

My account email address is not receiving the reset password link. What do I do? - Sent here from Windows help

I know this is stupid but did you check your spam folder?

Also, have you ever changed your email prior to this? I had changed my email but not updated it on my account. Go here-
    https://billing.microsoft.com and try to sign in, it will usually send you a security code, and display the email it was sent to. I have changed the "contact" email on my account but hadn't changed
    the actual account email. It's stupid, but at least you can make sure where it is being sent.
Thema:

1. Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account updates

2. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  3. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  4. Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account: As the questions states, I got a code on Twitch for a Minecraft Cape and I redeemed it on the Microsoft website. I still have the order history that says it is confirmed, but I never got the cape....
  5. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  6. My ps5 wont connect to my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    My ps5 wont connect to my microsoft account: Ive tried singing into a microsoft account to be able to play minecraft with my friends and it still doesnt work 0bd67b30-c47a-4565-91bb-2d6aee0d3253
  7. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  8. Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account: I lost access to a very old email account that was originally used when setting up my original Microsoft/Xbox Live account. I was able to update my Microsoft account email and the primary alias is...
  9. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...: Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account...
  10. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain an email address. Please update your Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your Microsoft account doesn't contain an email address. Please update your Microsoft...: Trying to design an Elite 2 controller but I get this message every time I try to log into the Design Labs website fbfa253b-958e-4ffc-b2ea-c4eedf9157d7