Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

Discus and support Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shaurya Kumar1, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in information was changed including my email and password. I submitted a recovery form, but I read online that It is very hard to get your account back after it is stolen. I do have a transaction ID from when I bought my Minecraft: Java Edition account. Can I give this to Microsoft and recover my account?

:)

Shaurya Kumar1, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Shaurya! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account being compromised.

My apologies but it will take more than the transaction ID to recover a Microsoft account. From the official Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245 Kindly try to follow the instructions in the interactive tool in order to recover your account.

If the steps above didn't work, you will need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case.

According to Microsoft Agent | Moderator, XBF Brad A and Xbox Ambassador, CosmicCraze:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Here's how to contact Xbox Support:

"Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Where is my transaction id

Hello Jayden Hong,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on support article from Mojang, there are a few ways to find your transaction ID:

• After your purchase, check your confirmation email for the transaction ID and order number.
    • Look in your Inbox for an email sent by Mojang Studios (noreply@mojang.com) to locate your transaction ID.
    • Check your spam or junk folder if you don't see it in your Inbox.
    • If you used a gift code or PIN from a Minecraft prepaid card, that code is used to verify account ownership.
    Note for Minecraft: Java Edition players: Only Minecraft: Java Edition purchases made before 7/25/2022 will generate a Minecraft Transaction ID which is helpful for the Minecraft account recovery process. Minecraft: Java Edition purchases made after 7/25/2022 use a Microsoft account and will not create a Transaction ID.

If you made a purchase after 7/25/2022, your order went through Microsoft, and will instead have an Order ID. Please reach out to Microsoft for refund assistance or an account recovery.

If you lost your Transaction ID - Mojang cannot provide Transaction IDs for any reason. If you cannot find the email, you may be able to locate it using your payment method information.

Note: Because a transaction ID is considered proof of account ownership, we do not recommend purchasing a used account from another player. Mojang Studios cannot provide support if you made your purchase through a non-authorized website, reseller, or another player.

If you cannot locate an email or transaction ID, or if your purchase was not made by any of the following payment methods, contact Minecraft Support.

Source: What is a Transaction ID? | Minecraft Help

We hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Jesse E' Win User

I need help locating my Minecraft Dungeons account

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There is no way to track the account with just the transaction ID. Youll need to recall the account or use the account recovery option at live.com in order to get it back.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Minecraft account stolen

My account was stolen. I downloaded malware a while back and my passwords got stolen, and now when i tried to log into my account it said the account i linked my minecraft to doesn't exist. I went on NameMC to search my in-game account name up and saw a name change i never made that roughly coincides with the time i downloaded malware. The name was changed to "lizilu" and i absolutely did not do this. I was told that the transaction id (which i have) would help me in getting my account back, and mojang support told me i need to give that information to microsoft support, but i have no clue where exactly. Is it xbox support or office 365 support or something else?
    The transaction id (which came from mojang i assume) would actually NOT help Microsoft in recovering your account as only mojang support can actually see said transaction id.

To clarify, did you already migrate your Minecraft account to your own Microsoft account and then the Microsoft account got taken? Or was your minecraft account (mojang account) not yet migrated to a Microsoft account and the mojang account was taken?

If it was an account that was already migrated to a Microsoft account and the Microsoft account was taken then youd have to use this account recovery form to recover the lost Microsoft account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ery-form-b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

If your mojang account had NOT yet been migrated to a Microsoft account then youd have to continue working with mojang support to recover your account.
  6. Aye Jay 71 Win User

Refund Denied

When you sign into your account at account.microsoft.com do you see the purchase transaction under your purchase history?

If so when requesting the refund it will ask for the transaction ID from that purchase history.
    Yes, transaction ID is there and I gave it to the guy on the phone and he tells me it isn't valid an I must have brought it from a 3rd party site. Asked why then it would show a Microsoft Transaction ID he tells me that 3rd party sites do that.... apparaently
    illegitimate 3rd party sites have access to creating Microsoft Transaction ID's???? When asked if he wanted screen shots he said no.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Recovery

2. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  3. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...
  4. I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.: I need help quickly! I have been trying to recover my account that I lost access to about a year ago for months now, and get the same outcome every time. Every time I try to do the recovery form...
  5. Xbox account all but bricked after "Recovery" from microsoft support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox account all but bricked after "Recovery" from microsoft support: I'd like to explain that until recently I've not been active on my Xbox except for the occasional movie, Hense why I'm only bring up my issue months after I recovered the account. Yes, it pissed...
  6. Microsoft account is blocked, recovery doesn’t work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account is blocked, recovery doesn’t work: Hi there! My boyfriend’s Microsoft account is blocked, even after attempting account recovery multiple times he can not access to change his password. The text reads: account has been blocked...
  7. I can't access my Microsoft live account. I have submitted account recovery requests...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my Microsoft live account. I have submitted account recovery requests...: Soooo I am lacked out of my Microsoft account (email). I have tried submitting multiple account recovery requests unsuccessfully. I have Xbox live, I'm paying for his at the moment and can't...
  8. microsoft account recovery form questions.

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account recovery form questions.: I own more than one xbox x's and i wonder which console id it wants me to enter, my home console or the one i play on the most? also is a xbox game pass considered a subsription to microsoft or...
  9. I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.: When I try to recover the password, it resets the password of the wrong account, what can I do? I have the usernames of both accounts if that helps. 21bf2768-f6c9-4a7d-bd6c-4244a56ff670
  10. Account Recovery for accounts in a Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery for accounts in a Microsoft family: Backstory: A hacker stole my sons Epic Games account, as he had some very rare skins for Fortnight. In the process his Microsoft account was locked due to suspicious activity. We have been trying...