Microsoft Account Page Incompatibility

Discus and support Microsoft Account Page Incompatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Two nights ago I discovered an issue when I was using Bing and Bing Rewards on the Internet Explorer app on my Xbox 360: when I tried to go to my Bing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dragos Drakkar, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Microsoft Account Page Incompatibility

Two nights ago I discovered an issue when I was using Bing and Bing Rewards on the Internet Explorer app on my Xbox 360: when I tried to go to my Bing profile (now lumped together in the Microsoft Account page), I received an error message about the Microsoft
    Account page having content that is incompatible with the "out-of-date" version of IE I am using, and that I should download a new version of IE. Of course, that is an impossibility since IE on the Xbox 360 only functions when fully updated, and won't let
    me download things through it, including itself. As said before, this issue showed up two nights ago, and that exact page was working just fine for weeks before this happened, and I am not seeing any actual changes to that page that have been made from before
    two nights ago to the point where the error message started showing up. This message shows up whether I am using the mobile version of the site or not, though I did notice that using mobile mode didn't actually change anything about the Microsoft Account page,
    it was the same either way, so this might be why the message is showing up either way.

This isn't a major concern since I can still see my point total and any offers by going to the Bing homepage out of mobile mode, but still it was nice to just be able to click on a link and go to the profile without having a pointless error message showing
    up, especially after dealing with almost a year of an issue happening with the Bing profile page before the switch to Microsoft Rewards.

:)

Dragos Drakkar, Sep 29, 2016
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to change Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings

You are allowed change the online safety and privacy settings for any profile on your console.

How to change your safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Go to Settings and Preferences and select Privacy and Online Settings.
    • Now change the settings.

How to change your child’s safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Proceed to Settings and Privacy and press Child.

Note: You’ll be asked for the parental Microsoft account in order to make changes to the child account’s safety settings.
    • Now change the settings.

kevin, Sep 29, 2016
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Sep 29, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Can you try deleting the IE app and then redownloading it to see if that works?

onyxishere, Oct 6, 2016
  5. Still happen now years later. Have had to delete and redownload the app numerous times over the years, as well as having updates. Seems to be just something that was done to the page to make it incompatible with one of the formats for accessing it.

Dragos Drakkar, Nov 2, 2018
  6. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Can you try deleting the IE app and then redownloading it to see if that works?
  7. Dragos Drakkar Win User

Still happen now years later. Have had to delete and redownload the app numerous times over the years, as well as having updates. Seems to be just something that was done to the page to make it incompatible with one of the formats for accessing it.
  8. Fu Long Tay Win User

Minecraft Java → Bedrock Redemption is not working

Same issue here, I own Minecraft Java Edition but I am unable to even access the page on the Microsoft Store to get the bedrock edition and the launcher just tells me incompatible with launcher
  9. Pure Pro Win User

Minecraft Not Working

When I go to the bedrock edition page on the launcher the button says "incompatible with launcher"
  10. Tgeekster Win User

Trouble connecting to Xfinity internet

Hi Matt too cool,

What is the make/model of your wireless router?

Have a look at this web page
    HERE
    to see if your router is listed as incompatible.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Page Incompatibility - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Page

2. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  3. Microsoft account page keeps refreshing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account page keeps refreshing: I am trying to cancel my xbox game pass subscription from the website and for multiple days now the page keeps constantly refreshing and therefore i cant cancel my subscription. I have tried...
  4. my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.: My microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing. I can not renew my subscriptions and payment methots. I tried with 3 different computers and 5 different browsers.(private modes included)....
  5. when i go on my microsoft account and go to my xbox account it brings me to a page that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i go on my microsoft account and go to my xbox account it brings me to a page that...: when i go on my microsoft accountand go to the button your info and then go doun to my xbox profile i click the button and it redirects me to a xbox page but when i click the sign in button it...
  6. Migrating from Minecraft to Microsoft account and keep receiving an error page

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating from Minecraft to Microsoft account and keep receiving an error page: I am trying to migrate my Minecraft account to a Microsoft account. After confirming my email address I am prompted to start step 2, which is to create a Microsoft account with the email. However,...
  7. When I try to login with my Microsoft account it read direct me to the original page where...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to login with my Microsoft account it read direct me to the original page where...: When I try to login my account it goes to the Microsoft link and says sign in and then it takes me to the continue link then where I press continue it read direct me to the same page...
  8. xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account...: So I wanted to try out game pass for PC I click join for $1 and it shows me window with request to with my email with UNITED STATES next to is and "add profile address" button so I click next and...
  9. Delink EA account from Microsoft account page

in XBoX Accessibility
    Delink EA account from Microsoft account page: Could Microsoft PLEASE make an option to delink an EA account from your Microsoft/Xbox account page. There are plenty of people like myself that can’t log in to EA for various reasons (Mine is a...
  10. I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE !

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE !: I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE ! f9afab43-743c-4be0-8c0a-6f379a6de694