Microsoft Account -- Major Flaw in the System & Cannot Change your Email Address

Discus and support Microsoft Account -- Major Flaw in the System & Cannot Change your Email Address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Frustrating...getting better but very, VERY frustrating (for anyone new, you should have seen the old method of swapping MS accounts...) Major... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SecretAgentKuch, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Microsoft Account -- Major Flaw in the System & Cannot Change your Email Address

Frustrating...getting better but very, VERY frustrating (for anyone new, you should have seen the old method of swapping MS accounts...)

Major Customer Need

EITHER

1) Ability to transfer currency from one Microsoft Account to another

OR

2) Ability to change the key Email address associated with a Microsoft Account

Here's my story:

This is a huge, critical flaw. It is highly likely that an email address or account can get hacked or compromised. There needs to be a way to take everything I want to preserve -- gamertag, Xbox Live Gold membership, history, achievements, currency (previous
    Microsoft Points), etc and move them ALL to a new account. Right now, everything's possible EXCEPT for the currency.

When I first created my Xbox account, I used another provider's email address. Now that email address was hacked and I was going to "Change my Microsoft Account" to another microsoft email account; however there is NO WAY to move my currency. So I'm stuck
    until I spend ALL my currency. You'd better believe I'm never buying any more currency again.

What's more frustrating is until this gets resolved, I'm stuck NOT logging into my Xbox Live gamertag & message system on my PC until I manage to change my microsoft account from the old email to the new one -- otherwise I'd be constantly changing my login
    from the old MS account to my new one.

My case is somewhat unique, but this problem applies to ANYONE: What if you had your Outlook.com or Hotmail.com email hacked, and it was linked to your Xbox Live account & gamertag? You'd have the same choice: spend all your currency
    or be suck with your Xbox tied to a hacked email. Unacceptable.

:)

SecretAgentKuch, Feb 16, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Feb 16, 2014
  3. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    [PC]GMail PW forgotten

If you cannot access your gmail account you will have to contact their support.

To change the email address on your MS account follow these instructions How to Change Microsoft Account Email Address

bowski477, Feb 16, 2014
  4. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest

Microsoft Account -- Major Flaw in the System & Cannot Change your Email Address

If my Xbox Gamertag was attached to a compromised Hotmail or Outlook, I would simply change my Microsoft Account password, update my security proofs, and game on. And if I felt the need to change my Microsoft, I would wait until I'd spent all my currency,
    and then change it. I don't tend to keep so much currency on my account all at once that the prospect of running out would seem unfathomable. And since Xbox allows you to top off with a credit card, I don't need to worry about maintaining a minimum balance
    for what I'm looking to purchase.

Klokkwork, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: