Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it.

Discus and support Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My microsoft account got hacked quite a while ago. The hacker changed the mail and password and can't sign in. I've been trying things for a few months... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ItsMetmet, Jul 19, 2023.

1. ItsMetmet
    ItsMetmet Guest

My microsoft account got hacked quite a while ago. The hacker changed the mail and password and can't sign in. I've been trying things for a few months now, and I have a few questions,

1. I saw a video on youtube that if you contact X-Box, they can transfer the X-Box account to another microsoft account. And I was wondering if this is actually true. Since all I did on that other microsoft account, was play minecraft.

2. I also have another email linked to the hacked account. Is there any way I could change the password/mail or sign in in the hacked account with this linked e-mail?

3. I'd also like to mention that, A few weeks ago I spoke to X-Box support and they said they would do things with the account (so I can get it back) and that I will receive a mail when they did. But I never received a mail. They said it would take up to 72 hours but it has been way longer than that now.

:)

ItsMetmet, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

I am very sorry that you have gone through this situation.

1. It is not possible to transfer licenses between accounts, when this kind of cases happen and you contact them, they usually manage to identify that the account has suspicious activity, so they decide to block the account and unfortunately they do not offer you the option to transfer your content to a new one.

2. If you had a secondary email to log in or to recover the account, most likely the hacker has already replaced that information and it is not possible to use it to access the hacked account.

3. If it has been much longer than they mentioned, more than a week for example, wait a couple more days, if you don't receive anything try contacting them again through the contact page.

Best regards.
  3. fredgiblet Win User

A few questions about accounts...

You can promote the offline account to Live, then purchase a Gold subscription on it to use on your One. You won't be able to use your friend's Gold on your One. You can get rid of the account by going to account.live.com and clicking on Close Account
    at the bottom.
  4. Patsfan911 Win User

Question about a hacked account

I don't think they'd be able to do anything with the email, and it would probably be a waste of time to try to call them about it. But if you really want to try it, then maybe it's worth a shot.

As for having to keep your card stored, I agree entirely. The fact that Microsoft doesn't require some kind of billing verification when you (or someone else) recover your account on another Xbox is a joke. We should at least have better security options,
    considering how many people have been having their accounts stolen lately.
  5. JustinCasper Win User

Sorry to hear that happend to you! But I'm glad it all worked out :) I agree with VernierSlake it wouldn't hurt to contact Phone Support, as the email can be linked to other accounts, even ones that are actually the hackers. I hope this helps you.
  6. VernierSlake Win User

Not entirely sure what they'd be able to do with it. No harm in calling up at any rate but it could be worth passing it along to the e-mail provider for that address instead. That's my two cents anyway.
Thema:

1. Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account hacked

2. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  3. my microsoft account was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account was hacked: my Microsoft account was hacked when i go to log in to the Microsoft store there are now two accounts with the email i used. i can login to one of them but it says i have nothing i had on my...
  4. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  5. Microsoft account hacked, can't do anything

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account hacked, can't do anything: I have tried the recovery form, but the email has been changed so it just responds with "This account does not exist", and I can't do anything like recovery of passwords etc. How can I fix this....
  6. Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked: Hello. My sons XBox account has been hacked. When he tries to sign in to his email outlook account says it does not exist. Is there anything we can do to recover it and fix it? Thanks...
  7. Is my microsoft account hacked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is my microsoft account hacked?: Hello guys, I have been receiving emails saying that my refund has been processed. I didn't log into my Microsoft account nor have I made any refund. Is it that my account was hacked or a scam...
  8. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  9. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  10. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...