Microsoft account got hacked and I didn't notice because I have had no trouble logging into...

Discus and support Microsoft account got hacked and I didn't notice because I have had no trouble logging into... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Howdy, I went to log on to my minecraft account to play with my friends for the first time in over a year when I realized that I was unable to login... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alec Miller3, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Alec Miller3
    Alec Miller3 Guest

Microsoft account got hacked and I didn't notice because I have had no trouble logging into...

Howdy,

I went to log on to my minecraft account to play with my friends for the first time in over a year when I realized that I was unable to login and it claimed that my account no longer exists. I then went to check windows and saw that I was still logged onto the account on my desktop, but couldn't sign into the account anywhere else. I had to sign into a different account to even be able to post here.

I went through my emails and found a suspicious email about purchasing minecraft in December 2022 which I didn't do. I'm assuming someone hacked my account and bought another copy of minecraft and then changed the credentials for my account? I have tried to verify my identity of the account through the online portal but it keeps telling me I don't have enough information.

I don't even know what email the account has been changed to. All I have is the original email the account was on, and the order ID from when they bought minecraft on my account. Do I have any chance of getting my account back or am I completely out of luck? Also why am I still able to be signed in to the account on windows?

Thank you,

:)

Alec Miller3, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Microsoft account got hacked and I didn't notice because I have had no trouble logging into my computer but I went to launch minecraft and now an account with my email no longer exists?

Hi Alec Miller3

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Microsoft account got hacked. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose access to your account and the games you've purchased. Don't worry, we'll do our best to help you recover your account.

Firstly, I recommend that you change the password of your Microsoft account immediately. This will prevent the hacker from accessing your account further. You can do this by going to the Microsoft account security page and selecting "Change password". Make sure to choose a strong and unique password that you haven't used before.

Next, you can try to recover your account by going to the Microsoft account recovery page. You will need to provide as much information as possible to verify your identity, such as your phone number, alternate email address, and security questions. If you don't have enough information, you can still submit a request and a Microsoft support agent will review your case.

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

If you're still unable to recover your account, you can contact Microsoft support directly for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional options for recovering your account.

As for why you're still able to be signed in to the account on Windows, it's possible that the hacker hasn't logged out yet or that the account is still linked to your device. I recommend that you sign out of the account on your Windows device and remove it from your device's settings to prevent any further unauthorized access.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Alec Miller3 Win User

Microsoft account got hacked and I didn't notice because I have had no trouble logging into my computer but I went to launch minecraft and now an account with my email no longer exists?

So for starters I'm unable to change the password to the microsoft account because it seems that the hacker has already changed the password, as well as the email address, so I'm not even sure how to go about finding my account, much less regaining it. I have also tried the account recovery page but it repeatedly told me that I didn't have enough information. I tried to find a way to contact microsoft support directly but couldn't find anything except the automated account recovery form.
  4. Fatima_J Win User

Hi Alec Miller3

I understand and empathize with what you are feeling right now, but we have covered all of the options for recovering your account. Please understand that Microsoft takes your security very seriously, but to protect customer privacy we can’t do anything to an account beyond helping customers verify their ownership through the steps we’ve already provided. I encourage you to keep trying to recover your account using the methods we’ve tried if you remember any new details that might help or if you can recover emails from contacts you know, but it may be time to consider creating a new account instead. If you would like, I would be happy to help you create a new account and give you some tips that will help prevent this from happening again.

And if you wish to contact our live support team , they will provide you the same information as well as mentioned above. However let me provide you their contact support in case you wanted to talk to them.

Contact us | Xbox Support

Thank you for understanding.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Haxrael Win User

hey umm i think my account is hacked. a guy named ********** has taken my account, it was *****.

sorry i had exams so couldnt reply but no my problem has not been solved, im sure it got hacked because i have tried logging into my microsoft account and it is showing that i havent bought minecraft
  6. AdamJ74 Win User

security measures too extreme

Microsoft has security to protect their gamers and network, this is why the PoS servers got hacked and were down for months because they didn't have security, in fact Sony fired half their security a week before the attack, notice Microsoft had one hack
    attempt in 2005, day and a half of minimal lag and the hack was defended and eliminated, since then Microsoft hasn't had any issues from hackers, at least that the gamers can even notice, that's because of security, where would the pentagon be without security
    ? I'm glad Microsoft has great security, shows their level of commitment to their gamers

Somebody made a good point, if your account or the network was hacked and your personal info deleted or compromised such as credit card information etc, you would be in the forum and other places angry complaining about Microsoft security
Thema:

1. Microsoft account got hacked and I didn't notice because I have had no trouble logging into... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account got

2. Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account: It’s call oauth and I downloaded it I do not know what it is 65e338aa-ffde-4571-a97f-664fa97ee7db
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  5. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  6. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  7. My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...: My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft account rather than mine. I can’t log in dfd9edbe-a489-4b88-8691-2e810459e1fe
  8. My Microsoft Account Got Ratted

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Ratted: Recently I was invited to a Discord server which asked me to click a link to verify my Minecraft Account. It said that the link would take me to a blank page, and then I'd need to copy and paste...
  9. My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...: ^tittle, also we have wrote to minecraft support, but they said that because of the migration thing, u gotta write to microsoft, but they dont really have a letter box i could find soooo yea. plz...
  10. My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...: [img] The new and random email, from russia apparently. 0e4075e3-74f9-4196-babc-c87bdd7c0b97