Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and...

Discus and support Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My old microsoft account which was linked to other platforms such as Xbox, Office365 and other products has recently been hacked, furthermore the email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tony Truong 333, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and...

My old microsoft account which was linked to other platforms such as Xbox, Office365 and other products has recently been hacked, furthermore the email was replaced with a rambler.ru email and I don't know hwo to recover it

:)

Tony Truong 333, Aug 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and all other platforms such as xbox

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tony

Sorry to hear that your account was compromised buddy, you can try recover it following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If you added an alternative or security email address, you should’ve receive an email to secure your account there.

In cases like this here in the public forums one Microsoft agent can assist you with this process / tell your the specific email / modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies

Hope it helps, if you have further questions feel to ask

Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. Rostom L Win User

my microsoft account got hacked the hacker changed my email i can't login

Yes. That's what I was meaning to. The hacker changed and replaced your account's email address to his own email that's why you cannot access it with your own email address. So basically, your Microsoft/Xbox account has now a different primary email address which is used to sign in or login to the account - that's the email that you must find out to start the recovery process.

Given that your previous email address is a 3rd party email, I believe you still have access to its mailbox. It's the one I was referring above for you to check for any confirmation email regarding your account information change.
  4. TheJokerJD Win User

Microsoft Account

Hello, What sort of email was accessed by the Unknown people. Was it a Microsoft email or another sort of email?
  5. Bandido1508 Win User

Xbox Account Email Change.

The xbox is part of the Microsoft account it is permanently attached and cannot be separated.

Now next step, if you have a Microsoft email, ie Hotmail.com msn.com outlook.com this is a Microsoft email, IF you change this email, EVERYTHING on that account will disappear. If the account name is something like yahoo.com or gmail.com you can replace
    the email on this account. It will still be the same account but just a different name. So if you Dad has other things attached to the account like Microsoft Office, it would still be there.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Linking old Xbox account to new email address

Your Outlook account cannot be used anymore since Outlook is also owned by Microsoft so by default, it is registered as a Microsoft/Xbox account automatically.

You can only replace the Hotmail email with an email that is not registered as an existing Microsoft account yet.
Thema:

Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and...

1. Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Email

2. How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...: My email address was inadvertently linked to my son's X-box account when first set up (10+ years ago). He now uses a different account, but the old one is still "attached" to my Microsoft account...
  3. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  4. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  5. Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked: Hello. My sons XBox account has been hacked. When he tries to sign in to his email outlook account says it does not exist. Is there anything we can do to recover it and fix it? Thanks...
  6. How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unfreeze account and, why does Microsoft not send me an email?: When I try to login to my xbox account it asks for password which I forgot so i click send me a code via email. It never sends me a code. I copy and paste my email to verify it multiple times and...
  7. I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...: I had a Minecraft account with a username and password, which is apparently now not of use after the accounts got migrated to Microsoft accounts. I migrated my account but I do not remember...
  8. Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account: I lost access to a very old email account that was originally used when setting up my original Microsoft/Xbox Live account. I was able to update my Microsoft account email and the primary alias is...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. Main microsoft account hijacked by rambler.ru email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Main microsoft account hijacked by rambler.ru email.: I was on my pc and i looked at my account page in settings and it was a completely different email than my original. (My original email was an @gmail.com email) I tried to do account recovery but...