Microsoft account balance is not showing up as a payment method on console.

Discus and support Microsoft account balance is not showing up as a payment method on console. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Microsoft account balance is not showing up as a payment method on console. Its working fine on my other account tho.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Abdullah763, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Abdullah763
    Abdullah763 Guest

Microsoft account balance is not showing up as a payment method on console. Its working fine on my other account tho.

:)

Abdullah763, Nov 22, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Why can't I use my MS account balance?!?

When you make a purchase, on the console or the website, it clearly shows you which payment method you're using before you confirm the payment. You would need to make sure it shows your Microsoft account balance as your payment method before you confirm
    the payment. You would need to make a purchase on the console in order to use your account balance.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi again Abdullah763,

It may be a temporary issue with the console or something similar. You can try the following procedure to see if the issue with the console is resolved:

1. In your console settings, go to the "Account" section and select the "Remove accounts" option. Choose the account that has the balance and with which you want to make the purchase. This will remove your profile from the console, but you won't lose any data, so don't worry.

2. With the Xbox turned on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it completely shuts down (keep your finger on the button even if the light goes off before the 10 seconds are up, until the full 10 seconds are completed).

3. Disconnect the power cable from the console and wait for 30 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

5. Then re-add the account to your console so that all the information from your profile is downloaded again. This won't take much time. This also helps synchronize the licenses of your account on the console.

6. Check if the problem persists.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Abdullah763, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm sorry to read that you're having difficulties while trying to pay with your Microsoft account balance on your Xbox console.

First of all, please verify that your Microsoft account balance appears using the following link in the upper right corner:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments

Please make sure to sign in with the correct Microsoft account that you intend to use for the purchase.

If the balance is visible there, please try making the purchase from a web browser on a PC or mobile phone to see if your account balance appears as a payment method.

If you're okay with it, could you let me know exactly what item you're trying to purchase, the device you're using, and the country you're in? That way, I'd be happy to look for the purchase link in the Xbox Store and provide it to you so you can give it a try.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. Abdullah763 Win User

Still not working.. to be precise this is not showing up on my other account.
    [​IMG]
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Hello again, it seems strange that the issue persists, especially because everything appears to be in order from a web browser as you mentioned.

As a last resort, I recommend that you try resetting your console to its factory settings while keeping your games and apps. Here's how to do it:

1. Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep games & apps.

Your console will be reconfigured, and you'll need to re-add your account, so make sure you have the email and password for your account before proceeding. No games or apps will be deleted, and you won't lose progress in any games since they are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

If the problem persists even after this procedure, then it is advisable to report the issue to the Xbox team using the instructions in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

This way, Xbox engineers will investigate the reported problem and work on a solution as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, if you need to use your balance, you can purchase items from a web browser, at least until the issue with the console is resolved.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum we are just players like you trying to guide and help other players.

I appreciate your understanding and I wish you good luck!

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. Microsoft account balance is not showing up as a payment method on console. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account balance

2. Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?: Recently got money for xbox and wanted to know if i can withdraw the money from it f4f6e7cd-00ee-4076-afcb-2adacd9779f2
  3. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  4. Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store: I am trying to use my account balance to pre-order an Xbox game on the website and it is not showing up when I select a payment method. The game is only available to pre-order on the website, so I...
  5. when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?: Hello, I preordered a game that comes out on February 2 of this year, but the Microsoft account balance doesn't show a change, I preorder the game in November, I read that it charges immediately...
  6. Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account balance: My child is asking to buy something on Fortnite for £17. 49 They have £20.02 in their account and when they ask for approval I then approve and then get asked to add more funds ? Why ? And how...
  7. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  8. My microsoft account balance is bugging on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account balance is bugging on fortnite: I’ve checked my microsoft account and it says i have 17 dollars and some cents, but my problem is that i’m trying to buy a fortnite crew pack for 11.99 tax makes it 13.13 so i still have enough...
  9. No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...: On Tuesday 28th of November, I used up €249 of my Microsoft balance towards a purchase of an Xbox Series S starter bundle. The outstanding balance of €1 was a pending transaction since then. I...
  10. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...