Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...

Discus and support Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a brand new Xbox Headset with the jack 3.5mm connection, thinking that was possible to plug it into the Xbox Controller paired via bluetooth... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniele Lombardo, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...

I bought a brand new Xbox Headset with the jack 3.5mm connection, thinking that was possible to plug it into the Xbox Controller paired via bluetooth to my PC.

I found out that to use the Xbox Headset together with the Xbox Controller (connected wireless), I have to buy the Xbox Wireless Adapter that should be able to detect the Xbox Controller and the accessories connected to it.

When I managed to connect the Xbox Controller wireless, using the Xbox Wireless Adapter, I tried to plug into the Controller my Xbox Headset, and the Headset was correctly detected as "Xbox Headset" and "Xbox Headset with Microphone".

The result is that I'm now able to listen through the Xbox Headset, but the microphone doesn't work.

Things I tried to fix the issue:

• Started Windows Update and updated everything, also the optional updates (one was about the Xbox Wireless Adapter), and restarted the PC
    • Checked the connections and the microphone mute button on the Headset
    • Tried to connect the Headset directly to the PC through the 3.5mm jack and it works both as speaker and as microphone
    • Downloaded the app "Xbox Accessories" and updated the Controller, while the Headset was connected to it
    System information:

• Laptop: Acer Nitro AN517-55
    • CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2700 Mhz, 14 core, 20 logical processors
    • RAM: 16Gb
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, 12Gb VRAM
    • BIOS: Insyde Corp. V2.09, 06/14/2023

:)

Daniele Lombardo, Aug 3, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...