Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

Discus and support Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RlHSKYYT, Mar 26, 2024.

1. RlHSKYYT
    RlHSKYYT Guest

even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most recent update on the xbox app on pc i can no longer use my microphone when i unplug my pc's hdmi port since i only really use it for the audio and to use my usb microphone.

:)

RlHSKYYT, Mar 26, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi RlHSKYYT. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Have you tested if your microphone works in other apps?

Did you try any troubleshooting steps before contacting us?
  3. Sicky-E4510504-9945- Win User

Blu ray player lip sync issues

I have also had the same issue (since the most recent update). Only seems to affect the blu ray player app. Netflix and the media player app are working as expected.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your microphone not working in the Xbox app on your PC. As an AI language model, I'm unable to view or analyze images. However, I can provide you with some general troubleshooting steps that may help resolve the issue:

Check microphone settings: Open the sound settings on your PC and ensure that the correct microphone is selected as the default recording device. You can right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select "Sounds" or go to the Windows Settings > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel to access the sound settings.

Test the microphone in other applications: Try using the microphone in other applications or communication platforms (such as Skype or Discord) to determine if the issue is specific to the Xbox app. If the microphone works fine in other applications, it suggests that the problem might be related to the Xbox app itself.

Update the Xbox app: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app installed on your PC. Check for any available updates in the Microsoft Store or manually update the app to ensure you have the most recent version.

Check app permissions: Verify that the Xbox app has permission to access your microphone. You can do this by going to the Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone and ensure that the "Allow apps to access your microphone" option is enabled, and that the Xbox app is listed and allowed.

Reinstall the Xbox app: If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app on your PC. This can help resolve any potential software conflicts or corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
  5. Saromos Win User

Hulu not saving login

I am also having this issue since the most recent major update.

My xbox is up to date, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success.
  6. LadyShotguns Win User

Custom gamerpic

Since custom gamer pictures were not working recently, most users will need to uninstall the application and reinstall Xbox App on your PC.
Thema:

1. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update - Similar Threads - Microphone working app

2. I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?: I just got a new mic and when plugging it into my controller I could hear just fine but my microphone didn't work. I've already tried some solutions but nothing seemed to work. Is there any...
  3. Bluetooth microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Bluetooth microphone not working: I am using bluetooth headphones with a bluetooth transmitter. My headset has a microphone built into them but for some reason my microphone wont work. I can hear everything else through my headset...
  4. My microphone just stopped working out of nowhere

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microphone just stopped working out of nowhere: I was watching a basketball game talking with my friends and out of nowhere my microphone stopped picking up voice. I tried pressing the Mute button multiple times, i have it correctly set up, the...
  5. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  6. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  7. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  8. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  9. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  10. My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.: Since I presented this problem approximately 2 weeks ago I have tried 5 different headphones with their microphones and the problem seems to have no solution. When I go to the configuration it...