Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottSeabrook, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter. I've made sure everything is updated, I've reset Max address, my connection port, everything, controller updated, system updates all complete and up to date. The kicker is when I create a party with the Xbox party chat microphones all work just fine. Please someone help I need to be able to communicate in cod mw3 zombies!!!!

:)

ScottSeabrook, Jan 19, 2024
  2. O to 1O0 Win User

sending a simple message is INCREDIBLY SLOW!

kinect is awful, i use it for just for voice commands such as 'xbox record' or 'snap' just a microphone for me.. and it's nice to use it as an alternate voice chat mic (if the game supports it which cod STILL doesn't)
  3. Jaymo1978 Win User

Kinect not working for Chat?

Hey Homie! Unfortunately, even with this option enabled, it doesn't mean it will work in every game. The reason is because developers specifically have to program this option in when developing the game. For example, in CoD Ghosts, the Activision support
    team has confirmed that Kinect will only work in a party, not in regular MP chat, because "Ghosts was designed to require a dedicated microphone." In other words, a microphone which isn't multitasking between chat and voice commands.

The only games in which I have noticed Kinect working for chat are BF4 and N4S:Rivals. Unfortunately the only way to 100% guarantee your use of Kinect for chat is to join or start a party, which isn't always a convenient option. Sorry, man!
  4. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  5. Sayann X Win User

Headset issue

Hello, if you're talking about COD, and it's game chat, you have to lower the trigger sensitivity of the microphone in the game settings. If my memories are good, the basic setting is 3.3. Get it down to 0 and everything should work out
  6. Tomm_A Win User

My microphone doesn't work within game chat

Hello Marques1084,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, the issue is happening in your friend's end since it is working perfectly in your end. Let us check how we can help you with this concern.

It is possible that the privacy settings Allow communication with Everyone on your friend's profile is not set. Let your friend check the setting. If your friend's account is a child account, the parent or organizer of the Microsoft family settings app can make the changes. The child account can only see the settings.

To change the settings, here is how: (Note: This should be performed on your friend's end since the issue is only happening to the other end)

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make the changes.
    • Unmute or unblock the person you’re trying to chat with. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.
    • Check the party chat volume for each person in your party. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to check, and then verify that their volume slider is at a level that you can hear. To change the volume level, move left or right using the D-pad or the left stick to adjust the volume slider.
    • Check that you have joined party chat from within the party window.
    • Check to make sure you’re not in a Discord voice channel. If you are, it’ll say “Discord” and the name of the channel. If you’re in a Discord voice channel, go to the following page for troubleshooting suggestions: How to use Discord with Xbox
    • Check to see if the party member who is unable to be heard has Noise Suppression enabled on their settings. To toggle this on and off:
      1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Parties & chats.
      2. Highlight the party listed and then press the A button > Options.
      3. Turn Noise Suppression on and off.
    You can share this link to your friend: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

1. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat. - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't cod

2. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  3. Microphone echoing on Xbox when joining discord call

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone echoing on Xbox when joining discord call: Hi so the microphone echoes on my xbox console/controller regardless of the microhphone I use. Any issues to fix this? This does not happen anywhere else. I tried factory resetting but no avail....
  4. I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?: I just got a new mic and when plugging it into my controller I could hear just fine but my microphone didn't work. I've already tried some solutions but nothing seemed to work. Is there any...
  5. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  6. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list. This has never happened to...
  7. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  8. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  9. My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.: Since I presented this problem approximately 2 weeks ago I have tried 5 different headphones with their microphones and the problem seems to have no solution. When I go to the configuration it...
  10. My microphone doesn't seem to work as of recently on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microphone doesn't seem to work as of recently on my Xbox Series S: I have owned an Xbox Series S since 2022, at first i had no problems with the microphone but sudenly one day it just stopped working, i can listen to everything normally but i can't get my...