Mic won't work when plugged into chat pad

Discus and support Mic won't work when plugged into chat pad in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has a turtle beach xo one headset and bought himself a chat pad for his birthday. The chat pad works fine but when the headset is plugged in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by helstac, Mar 25, 2016.

1. helstac
    helstac Guest

My son has a turtle beach xo one headset and bought himself a chat pad for his birthday. The chat pad works fine but when the headset is plugged in the mic doesn't work. He can hear the others in the party but just can't talk. If I take the chat pad out
    the headset mic works fine. Have I got a duff pad or is he doing something wrong. The controller has been updated with the chat pad . Thanks

:)

helstac, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Aryo170
    Aryo170 Guest
    ChatPad and Headset

I suggest plugging the mic into the chat pad before reattaching it to the controller. Also clean the Mic male connector end and blow out the inside of the female end inside the chat pad. If non of the following helps then I suggest using the chat pad without
    the mic or not using the chat pad when wanting to use a mic.

Aryo170, Mar 25, 2016
  3. FastEddyp420
    FastEddyp420 Guest
    Wireless headset problems help!!!! Please!!

My xbox 360 wireless headset will only work if I have the chat pad plugged into my wireless controller as soon as I remove the chat pad the headset changes sync to channel 2 and will not even cycle back to channel 1 it just goes to 2 3 and 4 if chat pad
    is connected headset works normally

FastEddyp420, Mar 25, 2016
  4. Grimmjow_06
    Grimmjow_06 Guest

I tried contacting the support team I have a similar issue, Both my mics dont work for the X1 I can hear people but they can't hear me. I tested my mics with my other systems and they work fine but something with x1. I tried factory resetting my x1 but keeping
    games and apps but that still didnt work. SUpport staff were no help either just told me to contact the manufacter, but I already told them that both mics work for my ps4, and both use to work for my X1 ever since saturday when I tried out division I realized
    things started not to work

Grimmjow_06, Mar 25, 2016
  5. Aryo170 Win User

ChatPad and Headset

I suggest plugging the mic into the chat pad before reattaching it to the controller. Also clean the Mic male connector end and blow out the inside of the female end inside the chat pad. If non of the following helps then I suggest using the chat pad without
    the mic or not using the chat pad when wanting to use a mic.
  6. Connxtion Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

I have an issue with headset adapter, if you plug in the USB & charge the pad with the headset connected, you get a buzzing through the mic. It's not audible to people in the chat/party but if you try to record audio in say upload studio its as loud as the
    game audio & not usable.

Also the mic activator image is constantly on when the USB is connected, due to the buzzing.

Needs fixed, since the pads won't last long with the headset connected, since game audio & voice audio are going through the pad.

I have the XO Four headset, works great if you don't connect the USB to power/charge the pad.

(Just in case)

When updating your pad/adapter connect the audio jack before doing it.
  7. Grimmjow_06 Win User

I tried contacting the support team I have a similar issue, Both my mics dont work for the X1 I can hear people but they can't hear me. I tested my mics with my other systems and they work fine but something with x1. I tried factory resetting my x1 but keeping
    games and apps but that still didnt work. SUpport staff were no help either just told me to contact the manufacter, but I already told them that both mics work for my ps4, and both use to work for my X1 ever since saturday when I tried out division I realized
    things started not to work
  8. Butterflygirl25 Win User

New hunterspider wired mic wont work

I plugged into the back in the headphone Jack. I didn't plug in the USB part. Does it need to be plugged in o thought it was only for the headphones light. If this doesn't matter. Is there a chat pad with a headphone mic port?
  9. Andrew_F90 Win User

Microphone not recording

If the chat pad works no problem then OP should not be having an issue if he plugged directly into the controller. But he says it makes no difference if he plugs it directly or through the chat pad. So Fearless Son if you can get back to us with D3ATH PRONE
    questions about the original Mic picking up sound at all that would help us help you. Also has this set up been working then stopped or did you adjust your set-up to this and now it doesn't work?
Thema:

1. Mic won't work when plugged into chat pad - Similar Threads - Mic won't plugged

2. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  3. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  4. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  5. my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.: my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game. ff0c4a41-2d9d-4ca5-b265-86ea9daad231
  6. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  7. My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.: The headphones I use were working a couple days ago, but now they don't work. I can still hear, but any sound I make through my mic won't come through on party chat. I've checked with other...
  8. MY MIC WON'T WORK AT ALL

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MY MIC WON'T WORK AT ALL: I CAN'T TALK IN PARTIES OR GAME CHAT, MY MIC DOESN'T MOVE AND MY FRIENDS CAN'T HEAR A WORD I SAY BUT I CAN HEAR THEM. I HAVE TRIED 2 DIFFERENT MICS, 2 DIFFERENT CONTROLLERS. NOTHING. DONE ALL THE...
  9. My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together

in XBoX on Windows
    My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together: I've been stuck on how to fix this problem. When I plug in my headphones my mic won't work at all even though it's connected with the headphone, I made sure my mic wasn't muted and still nothing....
  10. Why Won't My Mic Work When I Plug It Into My Controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Won't My Mic Work When I Plug It Into My Controller?: Hi People That Are Reading This, Ive Been Having A Problem With My Controller Lately. When I Go And Plug In My Mic It Won't Work. If I Do It On My Other Controller (My Brothers) It Will Work...