Mic won't work (I can still hear)

Discus and support Mic won't work (I can still hear) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I need HELP! since the update I have been having issues with my mic. I am able to hear other people talking, however I cannot reply at all.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Professor Germ, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Mic won't work (I can still hear)

Hello all, I need HELP!

since the update I have been having issues with my mic. I am able to hear other people talking, however I cannot reply at all. No sound whatsoever. What a joke! I have tried the following troubleshoots (all proving useless!):

*checking mute button on headset

*un-plugging and re-plugging in, ensuring securely fastened in port

*hard reset on Xbox and controllers

*checking game and party settings, in addition to privacy settings

*updated all controllers with headset plugged in

*swapped headset onto other controls

*cleaning headset and controls as suggested by Microsoft support

i have even gone to the extent of checking my network: xbox connection diagnostics conducted, no problems with download, upload, ping or bandwidth, no NAT issues. Checked internet connection at modem and associated troubleshooting (just in case) -
    NOTHING, ZIP, NADA, ZILCH. Still not fixed.

i have done other suggestions such as hard reset, unplugging for 10 minutes, praying and voodoo.

please help. I am at wit send ready to throw the console across the room.

thanks Mic won't work (I can still hear) :)

:)

Professor Germ, Apr 20, 2015
  2. Jobi Juan
    Jobi Juan Guest
    Can't get mic working

I've tried everything to get my mic to work. I can hear people but I can't be heard.

Been sent hear by the Xbox live chat team. I've tried every trick in the book, even got myself a new controller and headset but still won't work.

Can anyone help??

Jobi Juan, Apr 20, 2015
  3. NellyLaChula
    NellyLaChula Guest
    Mic won't work

I've had my xbox for a few months and my mic on my headset won't work...I can hear my friends through headset but they can't hear me...

NellyLaChula, Apr 20, 2015
  4. Mic won't work (I can still hear)

Professor Germ, Apr 20, 2015
  5. Hey there Professor Germ!

I have replied to you in the thread that you linked above. When you get a chance, please check out my post and be sure to let us know the requested information. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  6. le_goat Win User

Xbox one Chat mic won't let me talk

I updated my controller as suggested, and now my mic won't work. I can hear people, but they cannot hear me. Tried the same headset on another controller, but to no avail. Please advise.
  7. freeskier93 Win User

None of my mics are working

Mic stopped working too. Bought a headset last Saturday, worked fine. 4 days later and the mic isn't working. I can hear other people but nobody can hear me. Tried everything, even went back to target and they game me a new headset. Still nothing.
  8. Professor Germ Win User

9. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Professor Germ!

I have replied to you in the thread that you linked above. When you get a chance, please check out my post and be sure to let us know the requested information. Thanks in advance!
  10. JoeRussell2018 Win User

gaming headset mic not working with xbox one S

Hi. Thanks for responding. The headset which worked for the first 5 months was a BUTFULAKE Gaming Headset SL-300.
    You can hear through the headset but the mic stopped working (can still hear though). We then purchased a Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Three headset; can hear through the headset but mic doesn't. Don't know if this is true but son says when moving/tampering with
    the mic others can hear the noise that creates but when my son speaks into the mic others cannot hear him.
Thema:

1. Mic won't work (I can still hear) - Similar Threads - Mic won't still

2. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  3. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  4. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  5. my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.: my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game. ff0c4a41-2d9d-4ca5-b265-86ea9daad231
  6. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  7. My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.: The headphones I use were working a couple days ago, but now they don't work. I can still hear, but any sound I make through my mic won't come through on party chat. I've checked with other...
  8. MY MIC WON'T WORK AT ALL

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MY MIC WON'T WORK AT ALL: I CAN'T TALK IN PARTIES OR GAME CHAT, MY MIC DOESN'T MOVE AND MY FRIENDS CAN'T HEAR A WORD I SAY BUT I CAN HEAR THEM. I HAVE TRIED 2 DIFFERENT MICS, 2 DIFFERENT CONTROLLERS. NOTHING. DONE ALL THE...
  9. Mic won't work at all on xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic won't work at all on xbox: So my xbox mic randomly stopped working in the party yesterday after you guys had that problem with the friends list. everything fixed and it still wouldn't work. So i bought a new mic thinking my...
  10. Had a chat ban and now its over and mic still won't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Had a chat ban and now its over and mic still won't work.: I recently had a 24 hour chat ban. the ban has ended and still my friends cant hear me in a party. i would like to get in touch with someone from the enforcement team please. this needs to be...