Mic won’t pick up my voice unless push to talk is active

Discus and support Mic won’t pick up my voice unless push to talk is active in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Im using a xbox one controller on my pc and also xbox headset, but wen i plug the headset to the controller i can hear people talk and all the sounds... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by josereyezz, Jul 12, 2020.

1. josereyezz
    josereyezz Guest

Im using a xbox one controller on my pc and also xbox headset, but wen i plug the headset to the controller i can hear people talk and all the sounds but people cant hear me when i talk, only if i have push to talk activated. Anyone know what i can do
    to fix it?

:)

josereyezz, Jul 12, 2020
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

Echo in party and game chat

Is it possible that their mic is simply picking up your voice when you talk?
  3. Ian Cope1 Win User

Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?

I'm having the same issue with my quadcast mic. Works on everything. I can use in game chat with games like sea of thieves but not xbox party chat. I have my input selected correctly and I can see my voice being picked up in the audio settings for the game bar app but the circle around my Xbox user portrait is not lighting up when I push to talk. Also not getting anything when I turn push to talk off.

However it does work when I plug in my headset microphone. Even with my quadcast mic set as default input device.
  4. UndeadCreepshow Win User

I need help with my wired headset please!

Well the main reason i said "everyone" is because i watch myself talking in party chat and i see the icon when the mic activates and it doesn't pick me up like it should. NAT isn't the issue, I have my Xbox 360 running on DMZ on my router and all ports are
    open. Connection Speed isn't an issue, I have 30Mbps Down and 10Mbps Up and soon will be going to 60 down 20 up. I have tried the mic almost completely inside my mouth lol and it still doesn't pick up like it should. I've adjusted it to the very corner, above
    my mouth, below my mouth and still the same results. Honestly i just think the wired 360 mics are garbage mics i know plenty of people i talk to that have the same issue i do with the same mic not picking up their voice like it should and have to raise their
    voice short of shouting for anyone to hear them. I purchased a wireless headset and hopefully i will get better results from it. Do you know if removing the padding piece over the mic itself will result in a better pick up?
  5. BryantGermosen Win User

Can’t talk but can hear everything

Just tested out voice search on YouTube and my mic works fine there it picks up everything I’m saying but I still can’t talk to other people
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Mic Not Picking Up my Voice.

Thema:

1. Mic won’t pick up my voice unless push to talk is active - Similar Threads - Mic won’t pick

2. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. xbox won’t let me use my mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox won’t let me use my mic: My wifi went down and back on yesterday and ever since my mic hasn’t worked for my xbox, even though i haven’t changed any of the settings. it automatically muted on ow2 with the message that the...
  5. Stealth 600 headset mic won’t work on xbox series x or xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 600 headset mic won’t work on xbox series x or xbox one: So here is the deal, my brother has an Xbox series x he just got. Prior to this he has this headset and used it with his Xbox one and in cross play situations he can hear everyone but they can’t...
  6. Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down: Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down 5df4f2b4-15be-4b33-ae50-774431ccc017
  7. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...
  8. My mic won’t mute

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mic won’t mute: I have a xbox and playstation i just got a new mic and when i plug it into the xbox the mute button does not work but when i plug it in the playstation it works and i just want to mute my mic...
  9. My mic is not working; even though I can hear sounds and other people, it won’t pick up my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working; even though I can hear sounds and other people, it won’t pick up my...: I have gone through as much of the troubleshooting stuff as i could find, from factory reseting my xbox to just simply putting the mic in the audio area to on and nothing has worked. I bought it...
  10. Xbox Won’t Pick Up Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Won’t Pick Up Mic: My box won’t pick up my mic, I’m not com banned, it tells me to go to device settings but that doesn’t help, it’s not the headset because it works on my phone and other controller on other Xbox’s,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone not picking up voice xbox