Mic won't let me speak

Discus and support Mic won't let me speak in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was talking to my friends today and then my mic just randomly stopped working. I can still hear my friends but can't speak to them. I plugged in my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jrp0627, Nov 5, 2017.

1. jrp0627
    jrp0627 Guest

Mic won't let me speak

I was talking to my friends today and then my mic just randomly stopped working. I can still hear my friends but can't speak to them. I plugged in my other controller and then it started to let me talk. The only problem is that the other controller has the
    drifting analog stick. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening??

:)

jrp0627, Nov 5, 2017
  2. VoraciousMan
    VoraciousMan Guest
    Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

I was talking to my friend then he left the party and now my mic does not work. I can hear them but when i go to speak it will not let me speak to them. :-(

VoraciousMan, Nov 5, 2017
  3. won't let me send messages or talk in game chat

i have xbox 1 and it won't let me talk with my mic and it won't let me send any messages it ssays for past behaviour i did nothing wrong this is crazy

RaspyTurnip675, Nov 5, 2017
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

MIC WONT LET ME SPEAK BUT CAN HEAR

5. NolaNorton Win User

what is a NAT? I am not using an Xbox. I was on a Facebook party time chat. I have never had a problem with my mic. It is visible as working, not with a diag. line through it. But no one could hear me.
  6. HueHef785 Win User

is it on certain games or all of them? have to tried sending a voice message and see if that works also?
  7. Robert Locker Win User

Both mics are xbox official headsets and controllers, one of the controllers is a day one edition but just bought another brand new official xbox controller to see if that was the problem. The Mic just randomly stopped working one evening. And yes the
    mic symbol is shown in the top right hand corner with no line through it
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello NolaNorton,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming
    NolaNorton!
Thema:

Mic won't let me speak

1. Mic won't let me speak - Similar Threads - Mic won't let

2. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  3. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  4. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  5. my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.: my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game. ff0c4a41-2d9d-4ca5-b265-86ea9daad231
  6. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  7. Verizon: my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Verizon: my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk.: Verizon (ISPs): my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk. I hope you can find a fix for that problem!! 452e2f48-6f71-4584-b9ca-614bbb247e0a
  8. Netcomm: My Mic lets me hear stuff but it won't let me talk.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netcomm: My Mic lets me hear stuff but it won't let me talk.: Netcomm (Modems/Gateways): My Mic lets me hear stuff but it won't let me talk. I've tried restarting my Xbox power cycling it, testing my mic with other controllers but my mic still won't let me...
  9. Xbox one Chat mic won't let me talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Chat mic won't let me talk: I can hear people talk in party and game chat, but a few weeks ago it just randomly stopped letting me talk. It's not muted or anything and I have tried all the solutions in the support category...
  10. Xbox One Mic won't let me talk but can hear

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Mic won't let me talk but can hear: I got my Xbox One in December and now the mic that came with it stopped working. In tested it with the troubleshoot steps and I found it was a hardware problem. I assume it is a problem where the...